New Stromer ST5 LTD

This thread hijack started when you claim regen is all you need to stop. That is just simply false.
"Good thing is the regen braking usually eliminates the need for the brakes."

What are you talking about?

I don't think you understand what "Hijacking a thread" means. Have you read the title of the thread ? It writes "
New Stromer ST5 LTD"

Nothing you have written on this thread has anything to do with the new Stromer ST5 LTD. It seems you just like to attack people without reading their posts.

1. I am not the one who started the conversation about brakes

I tried 4 different brands to try to cur down on the squealing, but ultimately I had to reface the brake posts.
The factory posts were not square and could not achieve perpendicularity with the axle.
(Now I own the tool Disc Brake Mount Facing Set.

2. As you see you are the one who is writing about resurfacing brake posts and that is hijacking. Not only it has nothing to do with the title but also it has nothing to do with anything that has been asked.

3. I just expressed my opinion on regen braking which seems to have bothered you so much that you started attacking me? I tried to explain but you seem to fail at reading or understanding what is written.

Why don't you take your own advice of being open minded instead. Who knows maybe one day you may even realize how useful regen braking is.

Ok, time for everyone here to get back on topic. ;)

For comparison with the picture on the front page of this thread.

And again, be careful with the impression of the color.

MB2_3164.jpg

BTW: I'm sure, the debate about emergency braking with a Stromer will come back soon.

For comparison with the picture on the front page of this thread.

And again, be careful with the impression of the color.

View attachment 65965

BTW: I'm sure, the debate about emergency braking with a Stromer will come back soon.

Stromer can talk about emergency braking themselves a tutorial would be good (not talking about stunts here). They also seem to be bringing abs for the next one but not for the LTD, tests on improvements on the braking would be nice.

Ok, time for everyone here to get back on topic. ;)

You should address people who keep on insulting others while posting nothing related to the topic of the thread.

Rack being optional on a 10k bike, again this doesn't make sense ...

I agree, the pricing should be vice versa.

The rack should be included, but those who prefer the pure bike - probably the majority of the buyers - should get a discount.

I am picking up my ST5 Limited Edition today. I also have a Riese & Muller Superdelite Rohloff HS. I love the R&M’s nice smooth ride. But sometimes I want a sportier, fast ride and the ST5 is my doctor’s prescribed medicine 👌🏻

Maybe one of you know the answer to this - what’s the best way to mount a phone to the ST5 stem? It looks like the stem has a built-in spot for a mounting device. Is there one that fits this bike? I can’t find any good info on that. Maybe SP Connect, but which one?

Last edited:
Maybe one of you know the answer to this - what’s the best way to mount a phone to the ST5 stem? It looks like the stem has a built-in spot for a mounting device. It there one that fits this bike? I can’t find any good info on that. Maybe SP Connect, but which one?
Hi Abek, Yes ! Sp connect makes a special attachment for your Iphone/ android phone. Your Stromer dealer should have it in stock and install that for you or you can do it yourself . Remove the ST5 plate and replace it with1or 2 screws and double sided adhesive. I Like it and must say it looks pretty slick. All you have to do is purchase the right SP connect phone case for your phone.
Enjoy your bike

IMG_2439.jpgIMG_2438.jpegIMG_2437 2.jpegIMG_2436.jpeg

Hi Abek, Yes ! Sp connect makes a special attachment for your Iphone/ android phone. Your Stromer dealer should have it in stock and install that for you or you can do it yourself . Remove the ST5 plate and replace it with1or 2 screws and double sided adhesive. I Like it and must say it looks pretty slick. All you have to do is purchase the right SP connect phone case for your phone.
Enjoy your bike

View attachment 78580View attachment 78581View attachment 78582View attachment 78583
Awesome - thank you. This is great to know.

Took a few extra days before I got the bike, but here it is - a beautiful new ST5 Limited Edition on its maiden voyage!
My initial impressions when comparing my new ST5 LTE to my 2021 Riese & Muller Superdelite Rohloff HS:

The ST5 feels much sportier and drives “lighter” even though both bikes are of similar weight.

The ST5 has better acceleration and maintains higher speeds than the Superdelite. I had no problem getting it to 28 mph and keeping it there. I have to really work hard to get the Superdelite above 25 mph and it’s super hard to get it to 28 mph. The ST5 runs quite comfortably at 25 mph. The Superdelite feels best at around 18 to 20 mph.

The Superdelite’s full Fox suspension is to die for. Very smooth and comfy. The ST5 is quite a bit stiffer, and while the seat has a suspension, the tail doesn’t so you need to be careful about carrying delicate stuff on the ST5’s back carrier.

The Superdelite’s Nyon display is quite slick with great navigation and is fully integrated in real time with the bike. The ST5’s display is quite minimalistic, and the Stromer Omni app on my phone, while quite useful, doesn’t reflect bike data in real time. One thing I wish it did is to tell me what gear I’m in like the Nyon on the Superdelite does.

While the electronic shifting works really well on the ST5, it’s not even close to the overall feel and performance of the 14-speed electronic-shift Rohloff hub with carbon belt. And the fact that you have to separately charge the ST5’s shifter makes it all seem like an afterthought on the part of Stromer.

Going up a very steep hill is quite a bit easier on the Superdelite with its 14-speed Rolhloff hub and 4th-Gen Bosch motor, than on the ST5. But on generally flat roads and more gentle ascents the ST5’s power and acceleration far exceeds the Superdelite's.

The ST5’s power regeneration when braking and on downhill descents (with Recup) is very impressive. And I would imagine brakes will last far longer on the ST5 vs the Superdelite which is both heavier and has no such feature.

The bottom line is, when I want to go fast and hard, I’m getting on my ST5. When I want to go on a long leisurely cruise with a comfortable suspension, it’ll be on my Superdelite. I’m glad (and fortunate) to have the luxury to choose from both.

Last edited:
Overall these are very good points and mostly my experience mirrors yours.

However,
While the electronic shifting works really well on the ST5, it’s not even close to the overall feel and performance of the 14-speed electronic-shift Rohloff hub with carbon belt.

I don't find Rohloff performance any better than a di2 derailleur setup(actually di2 feels more crisp, it is also several percent more efficient). I like rohloff's gear range and ease of maintenance though. Also I am sure you realize that those two require different shifting techniques on your part. The first time I rode a di2 I was not impressed much, in time though I came to love it.

The Superdelite’s full Fox suspension is to die for. Very smooth and comfy. The ST5 is quite a bit stiffer, and while the seat has a suspension, the tail doesn’t so you need to be careful about carrying delicate stuff on the ST5’s back carrier.

Yes in terms of comfort and handling rough terrain nothing is like a full suspension. However ST5's front fork is actually a great fork and better at higher speeds than the longer travel forks on mtbs. It is a very beefy high end fork with a short travel. It is stiff but with a bike like ST5 you'd like a suspension which improves handling/comfort at higher speeds yet feel like a solid fork on smooth surfaces like a road bike and it achieves that very well.

Your full suspension mid drive is a very nice/comfortable tourer for average speeds of 18-20 as yo usaid.
ST5 is a different animal as you are experiencing and yes it does feel much lighter than it is.

Enjoy your bikes.

Back