I really like the Schwalbe Pickup cargo tires. I have installed them on five bikes, three cargo bikes and one 40+ Kg bike. No flats on any of those frequently ridden bike in over one year.
Brilliant! Me neither.........compared to at least 10 in 6 years on over-hyped Pirellis.........and the ensuing 40kms of accumulated walking these unfixable bikes back home. It's a problem! Schalbe forever. The Trouble is that even walking these 35kg bikes 5kms (say) actually ruins the innertube because of the weight and the indentations of the rim on the fragile rubber...... so you have to replace the whole lot - not cheap.

Makes sense. I keep telling my friend that less is more. And that getting to the Zen Garden of Less takes extra effort. But he keeps buying heavy and overly complicated bikes, whilst trying to be more satisfied like a hoarder wanting more, and never is. He then feels let down from the hype and disappointed.

1694734239456.jpeg

1694734659424.jpeg
1694734778585.jpeg
1694735055188.jpeg

This is the bike I rode today. It has heavier duty tires, fenders, a kickstand, and 25Kg rated rack. I ran errands with it and carried large objects. It does 45 on the flats and has a granny gear for climbs. It comes in at 49.8 pounds (22.6Kg). I like the lax riding position and mid-step as a commuter and everyday town bike. With 90Nm I do not mind if it is a bit heavy because it is a durable workhorse, not a racehorse. The photo was just before the rack and panniers.

1694734863896.jpeg

Makes sense. I keep telling my friend that less is more. And that getting to the Zen Garden of Less takes extra effort. But he keeps buying heavy and overly complicated bikes, whilst trying to be more satisfied like a hoarder wanting more, and never is. He then feels let down from the hype and disappointed.

View attachment 162621
View attachment 162622 View attachment 162623 View attachment 162625

This is the bike I rode today. It has heavier duty tires, fenders, a kickstand, and 25Kg rated rack. I ran errands with it and carried large objects. It does 45 on the flats and has a granny gear for climbs. It comes in at 49.8 pounds (22.6Kg). I like the lax riding position and mid-step as a commuter and everyday town bike. With 90Nm I do not mind if it is a bit heavy because it is a durable workhorse, not a racehorse. The photo was just before the rack and panniers.

View attachment 162624
90NM? Wow!

I actually managed to overheat in ST5 once. It was a hot day and I was climbing a %20+ grade on S, pushing it, towards the end of a ride. It disabled Sport for some time. The good news is in mode 3 it never gets hot.

Since St7 is heavier I guess it makes it easier in hot weather.

How is the climbing performance otherwise?
Only "once"? I do a regular 36km ride and at km19 there is a baby hill in the village of Gingins (Canton Vaud) climbing all of 100 metres for about a kilometre. Both ST5s overheated on that hill EVERY SINGLE TIME. I am beginning to wonder if you guys are being sent the better bikes and we Swiss are given the guinea pigs!

I do a regular 36km ride and at km19 there is a baby hill in the village of Gingins (Canton Vaud, Switzerland) climbing all of 100 metres for about a kilometre. Both ST5s overheated on that hill EVERY SINGLE TIME. The ST7 overheats and cancels at km15 to 17 even on the flat... and won't come back for the rest of the 20kms trip unless I stop, wait 20 minutes with battery out and door open. Why this affects the motor apart from software reset I do not know. I am waiting for Winter to see if ambients of 4 to 8 C are going to help keep the motor cool, but i won't hold my breath. In the end i want my ST5 back from the shop (still unsold after 3 months) even with 33,000 kilometres on the clock......Stromer have over-torqued the ST7 and the motor cannot handle it...... They did this even knowing the problem from ST2S and ST5 experience. They made it worse and added 4 grand to the price! I am beginning to wonder if you guys are being sent the better bikes and we Swiss are being given the guinea pigs because we are closer to Head Office for repair/replacement and saving Company-Face abroad. Stupid theory i know but i am a tad peed off with having this ST7 with the pre-announced and secret "major improvements and redesigns" only to find that it is worse than the ST5 for overheating and costs significantly more. One thing i am pleased about? The ST7 does not have squealing brakes to scare horses, kids, dogs and old ladies. Every single bike since the ST1 did that to me and drove me mad. Swissstop spray was the only thing that helped but had to be put on the disks every 100kms AND it reduced stopping power. The amount of times i took the brake pads out to sand them down and even bake them in the oven is nobody's business. So THAT was a pain. The ST7 does not "yell" on braking. And the belt drive helps gear changes enormously.... and of course I do not have white wax-lubricant stains on the wheel rim from the non-existant chain any longer!

It doesn't close with the battery removed on my ST7. I generally tape it closed with painters' tape. Maybe on new ones?
Mine doesn't even open without me losing both thumb nails to prise it open! ANOTHER Quality "Control" slip. The ST5, 2, 1 had a button push to open the door and ALL the buttons got stuck inside the hole. I could write a book on design flaws and ***k ups me.

That blue Marin Stinson II was on sale last week, before conversion, for the US equivalent of 493 Swiss franc.

https://ebikes.ca/hubsink-set.html is in stock here they say.

I have had zero problems shifting in and out of 1, 2, 3 or S without looking. But I have had to only use S one time on my ST5 in the mountains here in Tennessee which are very big and steep. If i ride lots of hills in a day, I ride my ST2 which I like the gearing much better for climbing then the ST5. I ride 15 to 20 thousand miles per year without many issues. Zero flats on both bikes. Tomorrow charity race is 100k with 9k feet of climbing and I will ride the ST2 even though the ST5 is faster and uses less battery per mile due to its algorithm in its mother board.

I hope everything you say gets fixed. I was going to buy a ST7 but was told to wait until all problems are solved first.

https://ebikes.ca/hubsink-set.html is in stock here they say.

I have had zero problems shifting in and out of 1, 2, 3 or S without looking. But I have had to only use S one time on my ST5 in the mountains here in Tennessee which are very big and steep. If i ride lots of hills in a day, I ride my ST2 which I like the gearing much better for climbing then the ST5. I ride 15 to 20 thousand miles per year without many issues. Zero flats on both bikes. Tomorrow charity race is 100k with 9k feet of climbing and I will ride the ST2 even though the ST5 is faster and uses less battery per mile due to its algorithm in its mother board.

I hope everything you say gets fixed. I was going to buy a ST7 but was told to wait until all problems are solved first.
Sorry but I am shocked. Lol. Do you weigh a lot or a little? I am 115kgs.i cannot believe your numbers. Unimaginable for me. I am certain youguys are getting different "export" bikes and we Swiss are the Guinea pigs

Sorry but I am shocked. Lol. Do you weigh a lot or a little? I am 115kgs.i cannot believe your numbers. Unimaginable for me. I am certain youguys are getting different "export" bikes and we Swiss are the Guinea pigs
To my mind there is no "fix" for a quickly overheating sealed motor casing (in ambient 15 Deg C?!!). You cannot drill holes in it because of dust and rain. Software might alter the overheat ceiling above the current 87Deg C (Yes! Look at your Omni App temp) but would that not be dangerous if the thing couldn't handle 90+ Degs? I dunno but I think unless these motors can be water-cooled there is no "fix". Sorry. Best buy one and put up with it IMHO.

Maybe just a bad motor. Last night my ST2 motor got up to 142 Degrees it says and was find and no troubles

Tuesday ride my ST5 got up to 117 degrees it says and zero troubles

I wish you well.

Maybe just a bad motor. Last night my ST2 motor got up to 142 Degrees it says and was find and no troubles

Tuesday ride my ST5 got up to 117 degrees it says and zero troubles

I wish you well.
Thanks - but just to clarify..... do you mean 142 deg Celsius or Fahrenheit? And you have never had a Sports-Mode blowout through overheating on any bike? Or?

Fahrenheit here is U.S. My ST2 has only 1,2,3 and NO S button

I have never had either one the ST2 or ST5 overheat so far.

Most people who post here did not buy the Stromer they are reviewing. Instead, they are given one to review. I did invest over $40,000 in Stromer bikes: St2s (which is no longer listed on the Stromer site), an ST5. All have died. The ST7 is a joke. If your Stromer bike turns on, you're lucky. Inevitably they will cause a fire. I wish the Stromer company could be held liable. Only Stromer dealers who have been victims of the Stromer fires are repaid. I believe this is a life or death matter, and Stromer should be held accountable. Get advice from a Stromer owner who tried to replace his or her car with a bike: If you turn to Stromer, it simply will not work. Instead you will be stranded or burned or both. All I can do is to try to warn potential innocent victims. Please be safe and find an alternative. I also own an M1: same problem: initially a great bike, but getting parts and service in the incompetent US market is devastating. For the price of a Stromer, you can buy a car, and probably survive. This e-bike is a killer. Is there no shame Stromer?
BS. Admit it..... and stop being a tw at please - most of us are serious riders and don't need your stupid stories... cheers

I’ve searched high and low and haven’t found how much this bike weighs.
The ST5 weighs 67 lbs,, so I’m guessing this BIG BOY will weigh a good 80 lbs !
Gonna be a challenge loading it onto a bike rack and it may exceed the weight rating of said bike rack.
Anybody know how much this ST7 weighs?
79.38 pounds (36kgs). Heavy as hell and definitely should NOT be put on a hatch-back bike rack or the back screen/roof frame will be damaged on bumps.

LMAO , who is the BS now YOU !!! picture to prove it JERK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your not a serious rider, just a beginner

Attachments

• st5 pic.PNG
    st5 pic.PNG
    193.9 KB · Views: 77
  • st2 copy.PNG
    st2 copy.PNG
    225.1 KB · Views: 91
Fahrenheit here is U.S. My ST2 has only 1,2,3 and NO S button

I have never had either one the ST2 or ST5 overheat so far.
Then as mine is 91deg Celsius (196 F) I am going to the shop tomorrow to tell them to replace the motor....... whether they like it or not. This cannot be happening. Already they had to replace the back acceleration sensor damaged from factory install. I could write a book on the faults on my 7 Stromers and those were straight from factory.

LMAO , who is the BS now YOU !!! picture to prove it JERK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your not a serious rider, just a beginner
Sorry - who is that one for?! I was commenting on Leon's rubbish about burning bikes.......not your post. These threads are hard to follow.

The latest rumours I got are :
Early adopters of the Gold launch edition are in fact beta testing their bikes.
Some reports indicate:
Cold weather issues with the new battery. Some error codes/ warnings
Some ABS issues. Where the ABS module is not recognized by the Omni computer/ controller.
Weak support around top speed.
Motor cable eroded by brake rotor.
Pinion shifting performance.
These problems are being assessed and dealt with through firmware updates and by smart shop bike mechanics. I am relieved/ happy to report that those, who've had some or all of these issues are also indicating that it's getting better and that the bikes are, after the updates, performing as expected. To be clear, not everyone is experiencing any or all of these problems.
I've come to expect a certain amount of delays and teething issues with any new tech.
Even companies with orders of magnitude more R&D budget experience this with new products. Looking at you Tesla, Boeing etc... One could also casually glance at any EBR forum brand to see that ALL experience some issues at one point or another. Plus let's not forget that the purpose of this kind of forum is twofold: 1- to share the excitement and joy these bikes bring to our lives. 2- to bitch about them when they don't perform according to our expectations. The high price of these bikes compounds the frustration but let's be realistic. Innovation often comes at a price. Early adopters should know this.
I am frustrated that the Dark Platinum will be delayed until late april/ early may, but if it means that the bike will come free of any issues , I'll take it.
Lastly, (whispering) some say the DP will come with the Supernova M99 Pro 2!!!! 🤞 🤞 🤞
Free of any issues! Haha. My motor breaks in S-Mode through overheating in ambients of 12-39 deg C after 15kms max with 65 more kms of autonomy left and no success in getting the S-Mode back without rebooting the bike. So you might be in for a shock. (My bike shop put it on the computer link to Oberwangen Head Office and "all is fine and the overheating is normal". It's a major design flaw as far as I am concerned because both ST5s i had bombed out after not less than 30kms only SOMETIMES.......

Back