New Frey Owners

Hey all, for those of you with rear racks, have you also noticed that it’s not centered over the rear wheel of the bike? Not a huge deal, and I assume maybe it has to do with the cassette on one side, but I was wondering if this was the case on all bikes or if I should adjust mine.
D079A2CD-4458-4FCA-879B-69DF9875B542.jpeg

Hey all, for those of you with rear racks, have you also noticed that it’s not centered over the rear wheel of the bike? Not a huge deal, and I assume maybe it has to do with the cassette on one side, but I was wondering if this was the case on all bikes or if I should adjust mine.View attachment 58792
It is not centered on my HT1000. It is wider on the side with the brake rotor. That seems to be the way it was built, not a misadjustment.

I haven't contacted Frey as the bolts work ok, I just have to be careful with the rotor. I can probably find shorter bolts at the hardware store with less effort. I don't have the patience to deal with Frey unless it is something major. Every time I've contacted them it takes at least 2 rounds of communication and even then things are lost in translation and they don't follow up. I get the impression Frey is evolving into a company that just spits out bikes without much time for personalized service.

As far as stand, I got this one. Works fine, and i think it's very similar to the bikehand, but 3 legs which I think is more stable. I also ordered a $260 feedback sports stand to compare to but it hasn't arrived.

Three legs is best as far as DIY stands go. We can always put a sandbag on the offside leg for safety.

^ When did you order? Curious how long the lead time was on shipping and such

Also, does anyone have any suggested upgrades for these Frey bikes? considering a HT1000 or Hunter

Also does Frey charge in full upon ordering or upon shipping?

Also, does anyone have any suggested upgrades for these Frey bikes? considering a HT1000 or Hunter

I ordered My Frey CC bike on 5/26/2020. It was shipped to me by sea on 8/20/2020. As for upgrades, I added a rack, gear shift sensor, dropper seat post, fenders, programming cable, extra chain, extra derailleur mount and head and tail light. The prices of all additions were very reasonable and I wanted everything one time, one place. It should be at my house in No. CA on the 7 th of October. The shipping time is the same as other containers I have shipped from that area of China in the past. A 20 ft can holds 65 bikes packed as these are. I will be riding mine both on the road and into some high ,Sierra back country fishing spots. I can't walk that far in any more. I'm 80, so I need a step thru bike that could take a beating.. I used Ali Express to order and it worked smoothly although they do not use Paypal. Usually One must pay upfront on international shipments when ordering unless you purchase and provide an Letter of Credit. Frey requires payment on ordering. One of the best things about this bike IMHO, is that everything is replaceable with parts you can get here.

I ordered My Frey CC bike on 5/26/2020. It was shipped to me by sea on 8/20/2020. As for upgrades, I added a rack, gear shift sensor, dropper seat post, fenders, programming cable, extra chain, extra derailleur mount and head and tail light. The prices of all additions were very reasonable and I wanted everything one time, one place. It should be at my house in No. CA on the 7 th of October. The shipping time is the same as other containers I have shipped from that area of China in the past. A 20 ft can holds 65 bikes packed as these are. I will be riding mine both on the road and into some high ,Sierra back country fishing spots. I can't walk that far in any more. I'm 80, so I need a step thru bike that could take a beating.. I used Ali Express to order and it worked smoothly although they do not use Paypal. Usually One must pay upfront on international shipments when ordering unless you purchase and provide an Letter of Credit. Frey requires payment on ordering. One of the best things about this bike IMHO, is that everything is replaceable with parts you can get here.

This is an informative and super helpful response. .thank you so much!

Edit** And that is AMAZING that you are out here ripping and running at 80!! Hopefully you have a Facebook.. Instagram.. Youtube etc to show us the recipes for your success and high activity!

At the time of ordering, they will accept a 50 percent deposit. I haven't figured this out yet, but I think they want the rest of the payment before they start building on your frame. I went with the HT1000 because I plan to use it mostly on the road and gravel trails and wanted to shave some weight. I upgraded the fork from the GTMark to Rockshox and went with 29" wheels and 44T chainring, the largest that they offer. Will probably tighten up the cassette to a narrower range once I get it in my garage and get an aftermarket 48T chainring. I also wanted to reserve budget to upgrade the controller to an Archon X1 from Watt Wagons. Cecilia at Frey was really easy to work with and very responsive. I originally started an email exchange, but the response time was not very good, so ended up setting up an account on Alibaba that has the chat connection that Frey uses. So, rather than eight days of email back and forths, you can get eight replies in one evening. Just like everyone else, I concluded that you can't get an off-the-shelf bike with the same quality groupset for less money, so, it's worth the wait in my book.

Edit** And that is AMAZING that you are out here ripping and running at 80!! Hopefully you have a Facebook.. Instagram.. Youtube etc to show us the recipes for your success and high activity!
Thank you. Sorry, no Facebook or instagram.

Would love to see pics of your delivered CC. I have swapped some emails with Cecelia and am wondering where is the best place to buy the CC. From Frey or Ali Express. I prefer to not have to pay up front and wait 4 months for a CC...

Would love to see pics of your delivered CC. I have swapped some emails with Cecelia and am wondering where is the best place to buy the CC. From Frey or Ali Express. I prefer to not have to pay up front and wait 4 months for a CC...

^^ This is where I am as well. Which method will allow you to put down a deposite and pay the bulk upon ship? any idea?

I just asked same question to Abby at Frey. Give me the final price including shipping on Black CC and how much $$ up front...

Thanks please let me know what she reponds with; Everything ive seen says they need payment in full.. which kinda stinks for such a long leadtime

I just asked same question to Abby at Frey. Give me the final price including shipping on Black CC and how much $$ up front...
Yeah but this tax only comes in to play because we have been asked if we wanted to switch shipping methods to air rather than the original rail. So due to this there is an extra cost. However you don’t need to go with option, and then there won’t be any additional costs. and the original costs will stand.

Thanks please let me know what she reponds with; Everything ive seen says they need payment in full.. which kinda stinks for such a long leadtime
Right now the price quoted is about 3600 delivered including mudguards and rear rack. That includes shipping. She said it is 50% up front and the other 50 when "the bike is completed".

^ that's not bad at all and makes the most sense. I'm assuming this is directly through Frey and not Alibaba?

I think I am more confused now that when I started regarding the Frey CC. After reading through Toms journey on another thread, I think he ended up swapping out the controller and maybe even adding a new motor. Sounds like alot of drama. Hopefully Frey has listened to him and others regarding the braking issues among other things. Might be a good time to wait and hear a few more reviews. But I will say that the bike has everything that I think I want to putt around Palm Springs and go exploring. The Bulls Iconic was about 6500 and the Frey CC is about 3600...

Back