New Frey Owners

Just ordered Grey EX elite. And gear sensor, programmer lead. I want to adjust speeds to 20mph as no need to go any faster on UK narrow roads, looking for any help with that?
Also have been looking at new type battery as lots of better choices now and big news for 2021
18650 with graphite ( lots of Chinese copies good/bad versions )
Lifepo4, titanate, solid state

Just ordered Grey EX elite. And gear sensor, programmer lead. I want to adjust speeds to 20mph as no need to go any faster on UK narrow roads, looking for any help with that?
Also have been looking at new type battery as lots of better choices now and big news for 2021
18650 with graphite ( lots of Chinese copies good/bad versions )
Lifepo4, titanate, solid state

Grey EX or Frey EX?

Frey EX not Grey EX and mine will be in Dark Blue. Had to find the colour choice company lost with codes and pay extra

Hello

I currently have a Corratec X-Vert 650B HT which has a Bosch CX performance motor (75Nm) and a 500Whr Powertube battery.
However range is restricted to around 50km (ie 1km per 10Whr).

I am thinking about getting a Frey HT1000.
Considerably higher torque, but still a short range even with the 48v/21a/1008Whr battery.
What range are you guys getting out of the standard Frey HY1000 setup ?
Looks like its around 50km.

Has anyone fitted a dual battery setup to the Frey HT1000.
According to Ivy and Cecilia at Frey, this is not possible.

Maybe someone has fitted a small 500Whr pack ??

It would be interesting to get some feedback/suggestions/comments from current owners.

Cheers.

Mark

Hello

I currently have a Corratec X-Vert 650B HT which has a Bosch CX performance motor (75Nm) and a 500Whr Powertube battery.
However range is restricted to around 50km (ie 1km per 10Whr).

I am thinking about getting a Frey HT1000.
Considerably higher torque, but still a short range even with the 48v/21a/1008Whr battery.
What range are you guys getting out of the standard Frey HY1000 setup ?
Looks like its around 50km.

Has anyone fitted a dual battery setup to the Frey HT1000.
According to Ivy and Cecilia at Frey, this is not possible.

Maybe someone has fitted a small 500Whr pack ??

It would be interesting to get some feedback/suggestions/comments from current owners.

Cheers.

to answer your initial question of fitting a duel battery i dont have the answer but i did concider the AM or HT1000 and if i bought one i would have purchased an extra 1kw battery and a battery back pack thats capable of carrying it, the other option is if you buy the HT you can fit a pania to the back and maybe strap a spare battery to that for the longer days out? just a thought

A spare battery carried on the rear rack is certainly an option. Am also considering a proper rack battery. I can get a 48v-22.2Ah-1440Wh pack, but it might
unbalance the bike !

Hello
Are there any Frey HT1000 owners in Australia who maybe interested is sharing their experience importing one into Oz ?
Cheers
Mark

A spare battery carried on the rear rack is certainly an option. Am also considering a proper rack battery. I can get a 48v-22.2Ah-1440Wh pack, but it might
unbalance the bikyes that might be quite heavy but the distance would be phenominal, let us know how you get on and what you find out

I'm using a wire basket held onto the rear rack, its now 16" x 12" x 4" and battery is on the diagonal. First pic in original size before trimmed down. I use a cover to keep prying eyes away held in place by the bungee.

Attachments

• SportR500-016 - 1.jpg
    SportR500-016 - 1.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 268
  • SportR500-020.jpg
    SportR500-020.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 259
Just received my Frey CC. Beautiful bike. Suspension is outstanding. I am not quite 5-8" and the step over height is no issue as mentioned by another poster. Losing flexibility as I get older and it is a little bit of work to step thru the tall mid step. I did get the dropper post and the seat is very low allowing easy mounting and dismounting. Having ridden cadence sensing Bafang mid drives for the last 5 years, the torque sensing will take a little getting used to. It needs some programming to work for me as well. I requested throttle from 0 and they agreed to program it for me. I received a programming cable and an email that they would send me a file to to make the change. That was disappointing to say the least. I purchased the WW X1 on a 200 off sale last month. I was hoping to play around with it stock for a while, but see me sending the motor off sooner than later. Stock programming sucks and throttle from stops is a must. I thank Tom D for his excellent information about the Archon X1. His review was a big part of my decision to order it.

Just received my Frey CC. Beautiful bike. Suspension is outstanding. I am not quite 5-8" and the step over height is no issue as mentioned by another poster. Losing flexibility as I get older and it is a little bit of work to step thru the tall mid step. I did get the dropper post and the seat is very low allowing easy mounting and dismounting. Having ridden cadence sensing Bafang mid drives for the last 5 years, the torque sensing will take a little getting used to. It needs some programming to work for me as well. I requested throttle from 0 and they agreed to program it for me. I received a programming cable and an email that they would send me a file to to make the change. That was disappointing to say the least. I purchased the WW X1 on a 200 off sale last month. I was hoping to play around with it stock for a while, but see me sending the motor off sooner than later. Stock programming sucks and throttle from stops is a must. I thank Tom D for his excellent information about the Archon X1. His review was a big part of my decision to order it.
You'll be very happy with the X1 once installed. I start off with my throttle quite often in like gear7. Plenty of pep. You will find, with a bit of experimentation, that you can feather the throttle significantly. I've learned to keep pressure with the ball of my thumb on the throttle body itself while allowing the bottom side of my thumb to press lightly on the throttle till I have some speed up then increase thumb pressure as needed. If you mash this throttle completely from a start you will dump yourself. And do not do a quick start from stop in 10th (high) gear. You'll just wear out your chain and high gear prematurely. I also like to get the bike rolling a bit before using the throttle. Although you don't have to.

Back