Frey Savannah Ultra - Cross Country (CC)

Ordered mine last night. Getting the dropper post option for free with the current promotion they have that ends today. The sad thing is there are no CC's in the us warehouse with dropper posts, so I get to play the waiting game.
You gonna love it, me thinks.

Just curious. I bought a Frey CC a couple of years ago and have since sold it. Is the CC the same as the Savanah CC? It was a great bike, just a tad heavy. The other issue was Frey was supposed to make sure the throttle was on demand and instead it had a delay. I did have the programming cable-just never used it. I will say, the bike from top to bottom was solid and I never had a problem with it...
Was it a step thru? Fatty? There my have been different configurations. Mine is a Savannah CC Step Thru

Just curious. I bought a Frey CC a couple of years ago and have since sold it. Is the CC the same as the Savanah CC? It was a great bike, just a tad heavy. The other issue was Frey was supposed to make sure the throttle was on demand and instead it had a delay. I did have the programming cable-just never used it. I will say, the bike from top to bottom was solid and I never had a problem with it...
It appears they rebadged some bikes as they expanded the line. I have followed the CC long enough to know that the Savannah was added to the original CC name. Parts wise, I can't remember if things changed.

Attachments

• CC at home.jpg
    CC at home.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 118
I believe the only thing that changed is the adding of the Savanah series name to what was previously known as a CC

They added a series name to all the bikes to put them in a use category.

Screenshot_20230331-222350_Chrome.jpg

Confirmed that the Savannah CC Ultra that I received is UART protocol. Connected to the laptop today and checked out settings.

How has the range been on the C.C. for you? Just curious as I wait for that ship to cross the ocean.

How has the range been on the C.C. for you? Just curious as I wait for that ship to cross the ocean.
I have not put any miles on it so far other than a quick test drive. My wife has been riding it, and she rides gingerly in ECO mode. We went on 40 mile bike ride (ECO Mode) and she had about 38%% battery left. She probably averaged 13mph?

Frey appears to be teasing rohloff hubs Bafang IGH now on the frey owners group on facebook.

edit: correction

Last edited:
Frey appears to be teasing rohloff hubs now on the frey owners group on facebook.
I'll check it out the Facebook group. I'd put the Rohloff on my wife's Frey Savannah, but the improvement wouldn't mean much to her. She'd say, "oh, that's nice".
:)
Took my Luna Z1 to some MTB trails yesterday with the newly added Rohloff hub. Ran it really hard. It was amazing how much smoother it is than than the cog system. I was riding along thinking, this feels like I have a transmission made of expertly engineered, and finely machined gears all meshing silently and perfectly. Then I remembered, goddam, that's exactly what it is! And it feels like it.

Glad you finally got to go out and have some fun. I am jealous. My CC arrived to the port yesterday, so I should have it in the next week.

It's not a rohloff they are teasing. It's the bafang IGH. Looks like the fat cc is the first to have it,

A couple of questions for you CC'rs. . .
How's managing the weight of the bike... possible to ride efficiently without the motor?
Front chainring size?
Is the battery Bafang as well? Do you have communication to the display with stats?
Anyone using the Bafang App?

A couple of questions for you CC'rs. . .
How's managing the weight of the bike... possible to ride efficiently without the motor?
Front chainring size?
Is the battery Bafang as well? Do you have communication to the display with stats?
Anyone using the Bafang App?
Gionnirocket, when you say "without the motor", are you talking about without the weight of the battery too, or like if your battery dies, how easy/hard to pedal? I'll check it out either way this morn and let you know.

Gionnirocket, when you say "without the motor", are you talking about without the weight of the battery too, or like if your battery dies, how easy/hard to pedal? I'll check it out either way this morn and let you know.
With battery... I can't imagine ever removing the battery to go for a ride.

Back