New EBR Review - e-Rad/Bafang (Lectric Cycles)

My name is Chris Head and I am the smiling face in the video. If you have any questions about our products or anything I can do to help in any way feel free to reach out to me. My email is [email protected] and my office phone # is 480 382 0665. I am working away at the Bat Cave 8am to 6pm Az time Monday through Friday. If I don't answer I am busy with another customer or try to change to world of e-Bikes but I will call you back ASAP. So glad you enjoyed the video as much as Court and I enjoyed making it. I know it is long but it looks like the folks that have seen it find it informative

Chris, I have a Bianchi Metropoli with a Rohloff Speedhub. I am thinking about converting this to an ebike. Can the 500 or 750 watt systems be programmed to go 28 mph with pedal assist and 20 mph with throttle?

Thanks, Andy

You can only set the speed limit to one speed for both pedal assist but let me see if there is a custom adjustment we can do.

Chris, I have a Bianchi Metropoli with a Rohloff Speedhub. I am thinking about converting this to an ebike. Can the 500 or 750 watt systems be programmed to go 28 mph with pedal assist and 20 mph with throttle?

Thanks, Andy
The short answer is kind of. With the controllerST software we can set up PAS to ignore the speed limiter in the display and that way he can limit the throttle. The PAS would then allow him to go any speed he wants.

FAST! We just set up a Giant Escape 3 with a 750watt kit for a local shop. Super affordable and a speed demon. We had to detune it a little because it is going to be used as a a demo and the shop owner was afraid it was too fast. If you control the speed to around 23 to 24 mph with a 48v 11.6ah battery range would be close to 40miles

FAST! We just set up a Giant Escape 3 with a 750watt kit for a local shop. Super affordable and a speed demon. We had to detune it a little because it is going to be used as a a demo and the shop owner was afraid it was too fast. If you control the speed to around 23 to 24 mph with a 48v 11.6ah battery range would be close to 40miles
Chris, Giant Escape 3 sounds great, any pictures of it? By the way, nice to order the fat tire bike from u today, pleasure doing business with lectriccycles... friend Sal

Chris, will you please describe the difference between the e-Rad batteries and the All Cell batteries? Your website shows a 20.8 amp hour All Cell battery that raises my curiosity. Thanks

Chris, Giant Escape 3 sounds great, any pictures of it? By the way, nice to order the fat tire bike from u today, pleasure doing business with lectriccycles... friend Sal

Sal, if you don't mind, I would really like to hear your impression of your Lectric bike. I am considering an e-Rad system for my bike. Thanks, Andy

Sal, if you don't mind, I would really like to hear your impression of your Lectric bike. I am considering an e-Rad system for my bike. Thanks, Andy
Jonah, no problem, my fat tire bike should arrive in 2 weeks. I have high expectations, will give my impression on it.... It should be a beast in hill climbing and still go 28 + speed. Stay tuned.

Jonah, no problem, my fat tire bike should arrive in 2 weeks. I have high expectations, will give my impression on it.... It should be a beast in hill climbing and still go 28 + speed. Stay tuned.
I hope your 'hills' are gentle slopes if your true expectation is 28 mph uphill...or maybe you have @Ravi Kempaiah type conditioning.

Reactions: sal
Thanks!

Reactions: sal
11061673_748242248655060_3469495972523026681_n.jpg

Look what we received yesterday. E-RAD HD 1000watt continuous mid drive conversion. Only 6 of these exist and only 2 with the e-RAD brand w/gear sensor. We will begin taking preorders in 2 weeks at www.lectriccycles.com

We will post more soon. I expect that Court will have a chance to test it at Interbike next week as well. Stay tuned. I will say that this motor has tons of improvements beyond just more power.

Cargo Bikes and Pedicabs are strong applications, but to be honest people have been clamoring for this motor since the first hint of its development back in the spring. These folks simply want more power and speed. Even if you are not looking to go fast, every aspect of this motor has been made "heavy duty" hence the HD. This is another reason folks are interested

Those are some huge fins around the motor....Of course, I assume, the bigger the fins and vents, the cooler and smoother motor will run. I bet, Chris, big fins is a much needed addition, keeping the motor cooler at potentially peak 1500 watt performance ( eventually after overclocked modification done)....Bafang motors seems to be continuing giving what we U.S. consumers want: More power! Court hopefully will test ride this motor at interbike next week; he might want to consider wearing a motorcycle helmet in test ride, j.k. Bosch company should pay attention to consumers wants (more powerful mid-drive motors) or lose out.

Last edited:
Those are some huge fins around the motor....Of course, I assume, the bigger the fins and vents, the cooler and smoother motor will run. I bet, Chris, big fins is a much needed addition, keeping the motor cooler at potentially peak 1500 watt performance ( eventually after overlooked modification done)....Bafang motors seems to be continuing giving what we U.S. consumers want: More power! Court hopefully will test ride this motor at interbike next week; he might want to consider wearing a motorcycle helmet in test ride, j.k. Bosch company should pay attention to consumers wants (more powerful mid-drive motors) or lose out.
Given that the legal limit in Europe is 250w and that the market there is currently far larger than the U.S. I don't think they are losing sleep over it.

Chris, I saving up for the 750W 48V eRad kit, my bike has hydraulic disc brakes, how will the eRad front brake lever/cutoff work in place of my front hydraulic disc brake lever?

Back