Let's Ride Together (Ebike gangs 😉)

PatriciaK

Region
USA
City
Pacific Northwest and Piedmont Triad
Looking for an e-bike group to ride with? Want to start a group? Already belong to a group? Post here! Please include the Country/Region/State/Area/Type of riding (road/paved trail, mountain bike, etc.) you're interested in to connect with other e-riders. And, thanks, Steve Mercier, for the suggestion of what to call ourselves 😁!

Last edited:
I see the other thread you started got a bit off topic …….

In any event I would love to meet up with some ebikers to ride. From the picture thread I already know there are some others in my area. Unfortunately now that school has started, I probably find it hard to meet up until late spring/summer. Only a couple of more years until one of my kids is done high school!

Anyhow I'm in British Columbia, Canada in the Lower Mainland area. Willing to drive a bit to meet others to ride i.e. Vancouver Island, Bellingham or Seattle.

I suggest a minimum number of riders i.e. if I'm going to drive 100 miles or so to meet up with some riders I'd love to meet more than 1 or 2 - For me I'd love to hear about the experiences others have had with their particular bike. I'm always thinking about the next bike so I'd love feedback about experiences with different motors, batteries, bike in general, dealer service, reliability, etc …...

I would be looking for riders in the Island/Skagit County areas of Western WA, and/or in Greensboro, NC.

Last edited:
Also, if you have any particularly fine ride locations in your area to recommend, details about those could go here, too.

I would be looking for riders in the Island/Skagit County areas of Western WA, and/or in Greensboro, NC.

Wow that is two quite different places. I can only assume that you keep different e-bikes in each location.

The rail-trail from Burlington to Concrete is nice, as is the Tommy Thompson trail out by Anacortes. And while riding through Deception Pass is just plain heinous, most of the rest of Whidbey and Fidalgo Islands is full of decent (if often windy) riding (although unfortunately it is hard to get to the Shrimp Shack on a bike because you are fighting the heavy traffic on a shouderless highway 20). And further east in Skagit county there are insanely awesome gravel riding options.

And you aren't really that far to the Islands either.

... so if you organize some kind of ride before the highway closes I can attempt to make my way over and not be a hermit for a day.

Wow that is two quite different places. I can only assume that you keep different e-bikes in each location.

The rail-trail from Burlington to Concrete is nice, as is the Tommy Thompson trail out by Anacortes. And while riding through Deception Pass is just plain heinous, most of the rest of Whidbey and Fidalgo Islands is full of decent (if often windy) riding (although unfortunately it is hard to get to the Shrimp Shack on a bike because you are fighting the heavy traffic on a shouderless highway 20). And further east in Skagit county there are insanely awesome gravel riding options.

And you aren't really that far to the Islands either.

... so if you organize some kind of ride before the highway closes I can attempt to make my way over and not be a hermit for a day.
We have grandkids (and their parents) in Greensboro, so we spend a good amount of time there. Yep, looking at (GULP!) TWO bikes!
Have done both the trails you mentioned on dino-bikes in the past - both very nice- and would be riding mostly side roads (NOT route 20) on Whidbey...I'll let you know when we get back!

We have grandkids (and their parents) in Greensboro, so we spend a good amount of time there. Yep, looking at (GULP!) TWO bikes!
Have done both the trails you mentioned on dino-bikes in the past - both very nice- and would be riding mostly side roads (NOT route 20) on Whidbey...I'll let you know when we get back!

Another suggestion I would make: I am considering a mid-October trip (3-5 days) to San Juan or Orcas Island. If we can get a reasonable gang together it might make sense to AirBnB a good-sized house in (or at least near) Eastbound for such an adventure.

Looking for an e-bike group to ride with? Want to start a group? Already belong to a group? Post here! Please include the Country/Region/State/Area/Type of riding (road/paved trail, mountain bike, etc.) you're interested in to connect with other e-riders. And, thanks, Steve Mercier, for the suggestion of what to call ourselves 😁!
I live south of Boston and would like to get a group together and ride some of the most beautiful rail trails Massachusetts and Rhode Island has to offer. In the past 3 months a friend and I have been riding and enjoying ourselves. It would be more fun to do it with others, where we could learn from each not only about e bikes but also something about the trails that we ride. If anyone is interested, you can contact me and I would be happy to suggest a first ride. We could bring a lunch and something to drink along the way.
Let’s see if we can get this going. There must be others who are interested and it would be a fun thing to do. Anyone and all ages are welcome.

Another suggestion I would make: I am considering a mid-October trip (3-5 days) to San Juan or Orcas Island. If we can get a reasonable gang together it might make sense to AirBnB a good-sized house in (or at least near) Eastbound for such an adventure.

I am thinking of doing a trip with my family Oct 25-27 and would be willing to head down there. I would stay separately though, but would be willing to meet up for riding. I know that's a bit later than mid-October though.

We will be river cruising from Amsterdam to Strasbourg in October - hope to try out a few Euro Ebike models! The highway will probably be closed by the time we get back to the PNW...

I think it would be an international "gang" if a group was formed around here. It would take a merging of the Okanagan with the Okanogan.

I live in Forest Grove, Oregon, and purchased a Gazelle Arroyo about 6-months ago. I haven't been able to ride with other e-bikers yet and would love to join a ride in the pacific northwest.

Good idea, we can meet at my house in the Okanagan.

Are them trails paved up there? I think the closest "trail system" for me is the short one out of Oroville that goes up the Similkameen to not quite Enloe Dam. It is a whopping 3.5 miles. I am too lazy to convert that to metric. :)

Hi guys and galls
im new to ebikes and live in the dandenongs melbourne Australia
if anyone is interested in going for a spin in the area hit me up
would love to get to know more of the trails around my area

Back