Let's Ride Together (Ebike gangs 😉)

Strasburg VA (Shenandoah County) here, very new to e biking.

But since I have had multiple heart and brain procedures, including multiple neuroangioplasties and two stents in the arteries of my brain following multiple strokes, we have to have our own e bike gang name:

Sons of Angioplasty

Last edited:
RECAP (and to get back on topic):

Before this thread went into hibernation for the winter, we had riders interested in group riding from the following areas:

British Columbia, CA

WA state - both sides of the Cascades, and from Island County to near the OR border.

OR - near Portland

MA - South of Boston

NY - Queens

VA - Fredericksburg area

GA - Atlanta area

Australia - the Melbourne area

Check back in page one of responses to locate who is where...

Not sure how this will work during the time of Pandemic, but if social distancing can be maintained and folks are still interested in group riding (or, forming a "Gang"), continue to post here - we'll see how it goes :). Also, if someone has already posted in your area, please reply to their comment if you're interested.
Hello All I stumbled across a link to 50 states best rides in USA pics, that probably covers your area.

Group ride planned for Central Pennsylvania. Convenient to the Mid Atlantic.

Here's how to set this up: have Court or the administrator set up a subsection with boards for different regions of the country/world. For instance, Pacific Northwest, California, Midwest, New England, etc. UK, Italy, etc. If people want to find (or found) a bike group, they would post their group as a topic or look for their specific area among the ones listed. Then they could private message the person putting it together (or be the coordinator of the group) to get in touch in the real world.

Strasburg VA here, very new to e biking.

But since I have had multiple heart and brain procedures, including multiple neuroangioplasties and two stents in the arteries of my brain following multiple strokes, we have to have our own e bike gang name:

Sons of Angioplasty
What a wonderful idea for a name, but what a terrible way to come up with it.

Stay well and keep those pedals turning!

Sounds like a custom designed cycling jersey is required. Custom Designs at Bicycle Booth.

They also have some fun designs for Team Sloth and hundreds of others.

I have zero affiliation with them, but one of my friends got one of their jerseys and has been quite happy with it. But a jersey emulating a bike gang (Sons of Anarchy for example), with BrianK's brilliant suggestion, would likely make it's way onto my torso.

Sounds like a custom designed cycling jersey is required. Custom Designs at Bicycle Booth.

They also have some fun designs for Team Sloth and hundreds of others.

I have zero affiliation with them, but one of my friends got one of their jerseys and has been quite happy with it. But a jersey emulating a bike gang (Sons of Anarchy for example), with BrianK's brilliant suggestion, would likely make it's way onto my torso.
I was just playing with a custom t shirt site’s design page:
85114982-28CD-4673-9ED4-2E323E39CC55.jpeg

Of course my own shirt must have a custom reverse:
82B89B1D-6EB3-44A6-9FE6-2C9BC43EB524.jpeg

Should be here mid August.

Too bad the best ride for California is 600 miles away. 😞
Just to rub salt in the wound, so to speak, California's American River Trail is a treasure. A paved urban trail along a river that feels more remote than it is. Shade trees, deer, coffee shops... It connects to other trails systems like the City of Folsom Humbug and Willow Creek trails and the Through the Valley Trail, that extend this system by dozens more miles. Could even be worth a trip up from So Cal...😎

USA, SE Michigan/north of Mt. Clemens

Best trail I ever found around here is the Macomb/Orchard Trail....all paved and really pretty.

Attachments

• MacombOrTr7.31.20.jpg
    MacombOrTr7.31.20.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 342
Just to rub salt in the wound, so to speak, California's American River Trail is a treasure. A paved urban trail along a river that feels more remote than it is. Shade trees, deer, coffee shops... It connects to other trails systems like the City of Folsom Humbug and Willow Creek trails and the Through the Valley Trail, that extend this system by dozens more miles. Could even be worth a trip up from So Cal...😎
Never knew of that trail before. Definitely looks like a nice trail to try and ride someday, but it will likely be a few years before I can get there.

Here's how to set this up: have Court or the administrator set up a subsection with boards for different regions of the country/world. For instance, Pacific Northwest, California, Midwest, New England, etc. UK, Italy, etc. If people want to find (or found) a bike group, they would post their group as a topic or look for their specific area among the ones listed. Then they could private message the person putting it together (or be the coordinator of the group) to get in touch in the real world.
Yes. Anything like this in forum features coming ?

Yes. Anything like this in forum features coming ?
J.R. started this thread last year which went a long way toward setting up such a group in eastern & central PA.:

It would indeed be nice to have a forum feature dedicated to this purpose. Perhaps it could be created as a sub forum under "Ebike Touring & Travel" or "Events, Rides and Shows".
I travel a great deal riding trails in the eastern US. and it would be a way to touch base with fellow riders and perhaps join one of their meets.

J.R. started this thread last year which went a long way toward setting up such a group in eastern & central PA.:

It would indeed be nice to have a forum feature dedicated to this purpose. Perhaps it could be created as a sub forum under "Ebike Touring & Travel" or "Events, Rides and Shows".
I travel a great deal riding trails in the eastern US. and it would be a way to touch base with fellow riders and perhaps join one of their meets.
Location would help in another way as well. I'm looking into a trip west and trying to see what trails and parks to try and what to skip in the midwest. If I could find a member that knows some of that area it would help.

And @J.R. s thread for PA is a big help.

Back