Latest News from Riese & Müller

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
For people bummed about the lack of 1500wh dualbatt for the Smart System rollout, here's a comparison showing just how massive 750wh Powertubes are.

Attachments

• IMG_4522.jpg
    IMG_4522.jpg
    794.4 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
That’s an interesting upgrade for the Packster. I wonder how much it will canabalise the sales of the Load? Maybe this is deliberate and the Load is on its way out?

That’s an interesting upgrade for the Packster. I wonder how much it will canabalise the sales of the Load? Maybe this is deliberate and the Load is on its way out?
I hope not! A lot of us don't want a bike with a box like this, they may be great for small kids but if you want to carry large or heavy objects, having to lift them further into the box would be unhelpful. (My dog is 100 lbs, no way I'd be lifting him to put him in the box, and then if he laid down he would be unable to watch the scenery as we ride, definitely not a preferred config for some of us.)

Well, the announcement of the Load 4 series was interesting, but darn, while I quite like the idea of ABS, having no Rohloff option and also being restricted to a single battery with the Smart System - so my current dual battery Load 75 has 1/3 more battery capacity than the maximum available on the new ones - is quite a downgrade in several significant respects. I guess they're really stuck waiting on Bosch here, but I'll be curious to see the reception on these until they manage feature parity.

Last edited:
Oh dear. That's a deal breaker for me. But I love my new dual battery Homage with the R14...

Same, the significantly wider gear range of the Rohloff and increased riding range of the dual battery, not forcing you to ride in Eco mode all the time, are both things I would not give up for the ABS.

Riese & Müller Transporter 85:
How to load the boards…

Back