Is there a 3rd party higher capacity battery that will fit the Rook/Colt???

So Susie is selling top quality batteries. Samsung35E great for more gentle use and charging, SanyoGA for higher stress application and charging.

So Susie is selling top quality batteries.
Thanks friend. Some customers like to use Sanyo 35GA cells (the first type in the video), which are also certified to have very good performance.
But Samsung 35E cells are the most cost-efficient, Sanyo 35GA cells will be more expensive.

Thanks friend. Some customers like to use Sanyo 35GA cells (the first type in the video), which are also certified to have very good performance.
But Samsung 35E cells are the most cost-efficient, Sanyo 35GA cells will be more expensive.
I think that the high mileage report for Samsung35E for the guys who ride with PAS 2 or 3 is reflected in the video test results of high capacity. So they are cost-efficient and the mileage is good as well. If you charge at higher Amps and push the speed, SanyoGA is better.

I think that the high mileage report for Samsung35E for the guys who ride with PAS 2 or 3 is reflected in the video test results of high capacity. So they are cost-efficient and the mileage is good as well. If you charge at higher Amps and push the speed, SanyoGA is better.
Yes Sanyo 35 GA cells have high discharging rate.

I got a Dorado max 20.4 Ah from Susie / Aijiu last week for my Colt and it has been working great.

My commute involves large inclines and I typically do most of my ride at PAS5 and light pedaling. When I charge my stock 10.4 to 80% I end up in flashing empty by the end of the return trip.

With the 20.4 charged to 80% i end up with the battery half full which is impressive considering all of the extra weight of the 20.4.

I'm not doing nearly as many miles as other posters here (I've got a pannier full of tools and locks, and another pannier with my work backpack), only 14 miles round trip but the new battery has exceeded my expectations (assuming the battery meter is linear(?) I would have expected the 20.4 to show more like 40% remaining.)

The only downside which is probably unavoidable is that the added weight of the 20.4 takes some of the teeth off of the bikes' acceleration but it is still plenty fast for my purposes...!

Part of me sort of wanted a Dorado micro so that my Colt would work better with our car carrier but I think my next battery will be another max from Susie and Aijiu...!

Attachments

• 20191008_175808.jpg
    20191008_175808.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 531
PS oops I meant Dorado mini, not micro. Per Susie the max they can cram in that pack is 10.x Ah and due to size limitations it may not be possible to fit the 25A BMS within that case so i went with another dorado max...

Horse pucky.

According to the testing video, the Samsung 35E continuous discharge limit is 8A. Discharge cutoff is 2.65V. Max charging current is 2A.

The Sanyo GA continuous discharge limit is 10A. Discharge cutoff is 2.5V. Max charging rate is 3.35Amps.

All well and good, but for most users here no real advantage to the GA. Expected cycle life of the GA may be shorter. Some GA specs indicate "Cycle life: 300 cycles to 70%"

Cycle Life estimated at 500-700 for the 35E. and with
25A Continuous, 34A Max Burst Current the 35E will give most users better service life than a GA pack.

A better choice might be LG HG2 for higher current and burst

But GA sales pitches and fanboys.

All well and good, but for most users here no real advantage to the GA. Expected cycle life of the GA may be shorter. Some GA specs indicate "Cycle life: 300 cycles to 70%"

Cycle Life estimated at 500-700 for the 35E. and with
25A Continuous, 34A Max Burst Current the 35E will give most users better service life than a GA pack.

A better choice might be LG HG2 for higher current and burst

But GA sales pitches and fanboys.
All well and good. But did I say "most riders"? Nope.

I try to post data relevant to the majority here. GA cells are typically over rated for classed eBikes. Where the average user wants longer service life. 🤔

Now to something that might be informative. Thomas, have you any information on lifespan of GA cells when treated gently and charged slowly? When not used for high draw and not run down to 2.5V ?

Now to something that might be informative. Thomas, have you any information on lifespan of GA cells when treated gently and charged slowly? When not used for high draw and not run down to 2.5V ?
But you touted the high charge rates. I’m Just simply offering the lessons learned from dealing with more than a few Battery builders and many hundreds of sales. I have no vested interest in promoting any one cell. Just the experience and suggestion that paper stats don’t tell the entire story. Take it or leave it. I have aGA cell battery as well as Grin battery test equipment. Again, nothing to sell, just suggesting that GA cells aren’t a panacea. As always YMMV. My direct experience is limited to 8-10 different cells and running the packs through their paces. I’m far from an expert but I do have expanded experience that leads me to suggest choices might be better made on actual need not some forum reviews. Yup, pucky, just like one bike fits all posts.

If we’re going to suggest battery builders I’d hope we’d review BMS features, parameters, and quality as well as materials used. Nickel coated steel? Pure nickel? Adequate parallel to series connections? Fusing? reducing reviews to a single cell specification is weak, at best.

Last edited:
But you touted the high charge rates.
That isn't a complete thought. However, I can try to guess what you're referring to. By asking you if you have any information on what the life span is if the cell is used gently, you're implying that I'm skating on my supposed "touting" position of the higher charging and discharging ability and quality of the cell.
1. The definition of "tout":
attempt to sell (something), typically by pestering people in an aggressive or bold manner.
"Jim was touting his wares"

So by that definition I was not touting because I have nothing and have never had anything to do with selling such batteries nor have or had any association with the company or their representative Susie other than to ask a price for a battery for my bike. I have not purchased any battery additional to the stock one my bike came with. So not touting. Your claim is simply wrong - maybe you were using hyperbole. Not acceptable, when you're calling BS on something, to be BS ing.

What I did was note commendation-worthy qualities of both type of cells under discussion that Susie is selling as her/their good recommendations for various ebikes.

And you still haven't replied responsively to my question "how was my statement horse puckey?"

Meanwhile I've now got an untrue accusation aimed at me, or maybe that's just hyperbole that you use casually. Anyway, it's a second deflection from the question, introduced by a wrong interpretation of what I was doing.

I’m Just simply offering the lessons learned from dealing with more than a few Battery builders and many hundreds of sales. I have no vested interest in promoting any one cell. Just the experience and suggestion that paper stats don’t tell the entire story.

So we're essentially even wrt we're both not selling batteries. Except that you know sellers, you attest for some, and it seems you have been doing biz at sometime or other. Me, never. So you're more likely to have tout qualities than I am. But that's all deflection - I am able to respond to it and knock it down and proceed. Nothing you've said makes what I said Horse pucky.

So maybe we get some info from you if not a responsive reply to the question. That's OK with me. Onward.

I have aGA cell battery as well as Grin battery test equipment. Again, nothing to sell, just suggesting that GA cells aren’t a panacea.
That's never been suggested by me as a panacea, has it? So why say that? More hyperbole? That is called a strawman argument. Knock down something that was of your own invention.

As always YMMV. My direct experience is limited to 8-10 different cells and running the packs through their paces. I’m far from an expert but I do have expanded experience that leads me to suggest choices might be better made on actual need not some forum reviews.

Nothing you've said shows that anything I said was horse puckey. I didn't suggest, say, or imply that needs were not what should be first consideration. So on principle, you're not actually saying anything to critique what I actually said, and I agree totally on needs. You're imagining something I neither said nor intimated, apparently.

Yup, pucky, just like one bike fits all posts.
You haven't shown anything that supports your notion. I agree that fitting needs, is the desired object.
Now you still haven't been able to say directly what was horse hockey because you imagined something that did not happen, and now my question about if you know what the GA cell does when it's treated gently has become simply another entanglement and it looks like you're not answering the question that you quoted in your post.

I didn't ask if it was a panacea. I asked if you have info on what happens to lifespan if you treat it gently and charge it gently.

I'm sure you've heard sometime of apples to apples comparisons? I'm asking if you have any knowledge of what happens when it's "apples to apples" time; comparing "same-same".
Maybe it means you're not interested in that question since you didn't reply responsively.

I think it's got to be a feature of any fair comparison if you're asserting a lifespan deficiency/price disadvantage. Without info on how that fairly judged cookie crumbles, why even argue one way or the other? How do you manage that?
OR perhaps you do have info on what happens to lifespan.
Got any? Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes I did promote my batteries at a wrong section of the forum just because I was new, I'm sorry about this.
Anyone who needs batteries will contact with me by himself/herself.
I did not sell batteries to this gentleman, I did not push him to buy anything.
Also, regarding the cell types I may mention, they're only suggestions or options to all friends, I never force anyone to choose any cells.
What's more, our quality is accepted not only because of the cell type, quality includes all components such as BMS, wiring, case, packing and service etc.
Finally, thank you all friends who always trust me and support me!
You're all warm to me except few people.

Last edited by a moderator:
This gentleman-Thomas Jaszewski hates me so much, I don't know why he has such prejudice to me. He doesn't like me and I can see him everywhere writing me bad.
Yes I did promote my batteries at a wrong section of the forum just because I was new, I'm sorry about this.
If I'm that disgusting, sorry I have to leave here. Anyone who needs batteries will contact with me by himself/herself.
I did not sell batteries to this gentleman, I did not push him to buy anything.
Also, regarding the cell types I may mention, they're only suggestions or options to all friends, I never force anyone to choose any cells.
What's more, our quality is accepted not only because of the cell type, quality includes all components such as BMS, wiring, case, packing and service etc.
Finally, thank you all friends who always trust me and support me!
You're all warm to me except few people.
That’s really very unfair. There is no prejudice. No hate. Just an expectation that battery sellers are honest about their products.

Everyday on nearly every builder forum someone buys a battery direct from China and has zero warranty support. Batteries cannot be returned. Most batteries aren’t shipped under the same standards AMERICAN resellers have to live with. So Joe Shmoo buys a battery with nickel coated steel connections, inadequate bridging, a $10 non balancing BMS, looses his house and you have zero culpability or responsibility.

And odd event? Sadly not. A resent post here showed a customer that shorted his battery and the cheap BMS offered zero protection. Another young couple lost their house. And the reseller has an even bigger presence today now with a CA service center and Amazon sales. Still the same construction.

I do not have a battery from you, but you are certainly free to post pictures and specification sheets. I see none anywhere. Not even a well defined English site. So you continue to have an unfair advantage over a LBS and no responsibility for errors and omissions. You can use these forums as a free advertising source. And still no data is presented.

I have never seen one of these companies of help or input helping posters With battery problems. No threads on BMS function or what we can expect from your BMS. Just a sales pitch. And pitching a cell that might not be the best choice, but nowhere is there any time taken to educate buyers.

Please don’t use inflammatory language like hate and prejudice. I work with many resellers in China. I do much business on Aliexpress. But do expect me to question a seller whose only purpose here is garnering sales. Businesses EARN respect.

Last edited:
Back