Is there a 3rd party higher capacity battery that will fit the Rook/Colt???

Was very excited to find this thread. Contacted Susie yesterday and made arrangements to purchase 17ah battery. Also had conversation with 604 tech and was given the impression that they have gone to a different battery & controller design. Seems 'our' battery configuration will not be offered by them in the future. Any recent updates as to past Chinese battery purchases generated by this great thread? Take care.

Hey Thomas, which Surface 604 bike to you have? I’m only asking because I bought a 20.4AH
for my wife’s Rook and I bought a 13.6AH for my Shred from Susie last year...very happy with the product.

Hey Thomas, which Surface 604 bike to you have? I’m only asking because I bought a 20.4AH
for my wife’s Rook and I bought a 13.6AH for my Shred from Susie last year...very happy with the product.

I’ll add to that we also bought 2 battery chargers that Susie‘s company makes and worth the money...very nice high quality aluminum cases, fan cooled, 4 amp, excellent electrical connections with a very positive fit.

Attachments

• 534B0F15-B063-47F1-B142-B5F59BE54D4F.jpeg
    534B0F15-B063-47F1-B142-B5F59BE54D4F.jpeg
    380.6 KB · Views: 442
I’ll add to that we also bought 2 battery chargers that Susie‘s company makes and worth the money...very nice high quality aluminum cases, fan cooled, 4 amp, excellent electrical connections with a very positive fit.

Oops wrong person Thomas, meant to ask mrgizmow what 604 bike do you own?

Charger looks like the one i purchased from Luna. Am very happy with it. Susie repeated to me a number of times that i should not charge over 3 amps if i purchase battery with DC 2.1mm or DC 2.5 mm plugs. Perhaps wires from socket to BMS will not safely transport more than 3 amps. Just a guess. Take care. Purchased a Colt.

That’s really very unfair. There is no prejudice. No hate. Just an expectation that battery sellers are honest about their products.

Everyday on nearly every builder forum someone buys a battery direct from China and has zero warranty support. Batteries cannot be returned. Most batteries aren’t shipped under the same standards AMERICAN resellers have to live with. So Joe Shmoo buys a battery with nickel coated steel connections, inadequate bridging, a $10 non balancing BMS, looses his house and you have zero culpability or responsibility.

And odd event? Sadly not. A resent post here showed a customer that shorted his battery and the cheap BMS offered zero protection. Another young couple lost their house. And the reseller has an even bigger presence today now with a CA service center and Amazon sales. Still the same construction.

I do not have a battery from you, but you are certainly free to post pictures and specification sheets. I see none anywhere. Not even a well defined English site. So you continue to have an unfair advantage over a LBS and no responsibility for errors and omissions. You can use these forums as a free advertising source. And still no data is presented.

I have never seen one of these companies of help or input helping posters With battery problems. No threads on BMS function or what we can expect from your BMS. Just a sales pitch. And pitching a cell that might not be the best choice, but nowhere is there any time taken to educate buyers.

Please don’t use inflammatory language like hate and prejudice. I work with many resellers in China. I do much business on Aliexpress. But do expect me to question a seller whose only purpose here is garnering sales. Businesses EARN respect.
Hey TOm
I am interested in getting a spare BMS can you point me in the right direction?
I need a an upgrade from the UPP BMS for a 52v 20AH battery.

Hey TOm
I am interested in getting a spare BMS can you point me in the right direction?
I need a an upgrade from the UPP BMS for a 52v 20AH battery.
More easily done from UPP when you are buying. BMS can be fussy adventures. I no longer sell them as to many n00bs ruinthem with static charges and then want a replacement. Ask UPP!

You say you need an upgrade? From?

Charger looks like the one i purchased from Luna. Am very happy with it. Susie repeated to me a number of times that i should not charge over 3 amps if i purchase battery with DC 2.1mm or DC 2.5 mm plugs. Perhaps wires from socket to BMS will not safely transport more than 3 amps. Just a guess. Take care. Purchased a Colt.
None of the 5.5 x 2.1 plugs are rated over 2A continuous. Another dumb idea used by most China factories.

More easily done from UPP when you are buying. BMS can be fussy adventures. I no longer sell them as to many n00bs ruinthem with static charges and then want a replacement. Ask UPP!

You say you need an upgrade? From?
Well I'm not sure where I heard this but, I understand UPP has had issues with their BMs's. So I wanted to have a spare upgrade = dependable, BMS, for back-up. I dislike waiting for parts shipments, if it means I can't ride :(
IDK maybe the issue has been resolved on the new ones, so it maybe a non issue.

Well I'm not sure where I heard this...
Every one of the Chinese builders selling here uses inexpensive BMS. Not different than Luna or any other Chinese seller supply in Shark packs and similar. UPP WILL upgrade a BMS if ordered. Here's a UPP next to a Luna BMS.
71E3E766-9F37-4157-A894-51D3567683DC_1_105_c.jpeg

Did use Google, thought UPP might be a good start. To make it a bit easier for the next person, UPP= (Unit Pack Power). This thread offers the most benefit to those seeking a battery configure to mount as a Reention Dorado. I did not see the Reention Dorado offered by this company

Was just contacted by Susie and informed, my battery will ship out today. So far the customer service/follow-up has been the best i have received in my 55 years as a consumer. All my questions have been answered promptly and when needed detailed pictures were provided. Concerns over functionality and longevity will only be answered over time. Given cost and shipping concerns i am not sure what one can expect from most vendors offshore or in the U.S. when it comes to e-bike batteries. I will keep you folks update. So far, am very impressed and glad i found this thread. Take care.
8/17/20 Battery delivered by Fedex very well packaged in box marked with Lithium battery caution advisory. Easily installed on bike and showed 10 bars (full Charge) on function screen. Time will tell as to durability and performance but given the ongoing attention and support by vendor during manufacture problems seem unlikely. Would highly recommend vendor and Susie. Gerry

Last edited:
I purchased a Reention Dorado Plus 48V 17 Ah battery for my 2017 Surface 604 Rook from Susie over a year ago. I am very happy with the purchase process with Susie. After over 650 miles, the battery is performing well. I can get over 65 miles with a full charge. My rides are usually below 30 miles so I only charge the battery to 90% level with a Luna smart charger. The Luna charger is great since it can charge the battery to specified levels and and up to 5 amp charge rate. Sometimes I use 5 amp charge rate for faster charge and the 5.5 x 2.1 plug can handle the amp rate.

Reactions: MMM
Was just contacted by Susie and informed, my battery will ship out today. So far the customer service/follow-up has been the best i have received in my 55 years as a consumer. All my questions have been answered promptly and when needed detailed pictures were provided. Concerns over functionality and longevity will only be answered over time. Given cost and shipping concerns i am not sure what one can expect from most vendors offshore or in the U.S. when it comes to e-bike batteries. I will keep you folks update. So far, am very impressed and glad i found this thread. Take care.
8/17/20 Battery delivered by Fedex very well packaged in box marked with Lithium battery caution advisory. Easily installed on bike and showed 10 bars (full Charge) on function screen. Time will tell as to durability and performance but given the ongoing attention and support by vendor during manufacture problems seem unlikely. Would highly recommend vendor and Susie. Gerry
Yes, Susie is very diligent in helping her customers to find out about their battery so everything is as expected. The shutdowns did interfere with my bike usage so I've been OK with just my original battery that came with the bike.

I puchased a Retention Dorado Max 48v 20.4 A 500W battery from Susie in August. It fit and works perfectly on my 2018 Surface Colt. I am north off 300lbs and the stock 10.4A just did not cut it for me. With this battery I can now get close to 50 miles on a charge. Just make sure you order a 5 pin output port. I live in Vancouver, B.C. and there are a lot of hills on the mountain side of the city so I usually ride in level 3 assist. My experience with Susie was absolutely fantastic she repied to emails promptly and sent pictures to ensure I was getting the right battery for my bike. I don't know why anyone would give her a hard time. There is no difference between this battery and the one that came with the bike. The only difference is that the 20A was less expensive than the 14A that Surface offers. Don't let the nay sayers put you off dealing with Susie as she is a lot easier to deal with than people here. So what if she lives in China it is a global world now with Amazon and Alibaba. If someone is on this forum bashing Susie it is because they are having trouble ripping people off for the batteries they are sell. I would suggest they get them from her and offer them here for a reasonable price. It is not rocket science buying direct from China and through Alibaba you have assurance that you will get what you ordered. Thanks for everything Susie you are a pleasure to deal with.

I puchased a Retention Dorado Max 48v 20.4 A 500W battery from Susie in August. It fit and works perfectly on my 2018 Surface Colt. I am north off 300lbs and the stock 10.4A just did not cut it for me. With this battery I can now get close to 50 miles on a charge. Just make sure you order a 5 pin output port. I live in Vancouver, B.C. and there are a lot of hills on the mountain side of the city so I usually ride in level 3 assist. My experience with Susie was absolutely fantastic she repied to emails promptly and sent pictures to ensure I was getting the right battery for my bike. I don't know why anyone would give her a hard time. There is no difference between this battery and the one that came with the bike. The only difference is that the 20A was less expensive than the 14A that Surface offers. Don't let the nay sayers put you off dealing with Susie as she is a lot easier to deal with than people here. So what if she lives in China it is a global world now with Amazon and Alibaba. If someone is on this forum bashing Susie it is because they are having trouble ripping people off for the batteries they are sell. I would suggest they get them from her and offer them here for a reasonable price. It is not rocket science buying direct from China and through Alibaba you have assurance that you will get what you ordered. Thanks for everything Susie you are a pleasure to deal with.
Well spoken. I recommend Susie as an excellent source to people locally who inquire of where to buy a battery even though I haven't bought a new battery myself because shipping was too high at that time.

I keep reading Susie for batteries but I don't read who she is and how to contact her.

Thank you so much for your trust!

Back