Is there a 3rd party higher capacity battery that will fit the Rook/Colt???

I've been told (meaning I have not tried to put this battery on the Rook/Colt) that the Magnum Peak battery is a direct drop in replacement for the Rook/Colt bikes at 13ah ($650 at $50/Ah)... HOWEVER, given that you can get an additional 10.4Ah battery direct from Surface604 at $48/Ah, it would be a better deal to get an additional 10.4Ah battery for a total of 20.8Ah and carry it in a bag somewhere on the bike. Not only would be cheaper ($48/Ah vs $50/Ah) but a slight less weight as well.

SPARE battery for those that want longer range with the 10.4Ah stock one : 48V 7.8Ah ($28.65/Ah) - $200 (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
48V 10.4Ah ($48/Ah) - $499 https://surface604bikes.com/products/48v-10-4ah-lithium-ion-battery-for-rook-and-colt-2018
48V 13Ah ($50/Ah) - $650 (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
48V 16Ah ($37.5/Ah) - $599 http://www.voltbike.ca/replacement-parts/electric-bike-parts/li-ion-battery-48v-16ah.html
48V 17.5Ah ($43/Ah) - $750 https://www.hicbattery.com/Dorado-505-Battery-48v-175ah_p_16.html
48V 20Ah ($34.95/Ah) - $699 (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
48V 11Ah ($27.36/Ah) - $301 https://www.dhgate.com/product/free-plus-reention-dorado-48v-battery-pack/427673088.html
48V 17.5Ah ($23.31/Ah) - $407.92 https://www.dhgate.com/product/china-supplier-plus-reention-dorado-battery/425378482.html

If you guys know of any other batteries with higher capacity let me know. Thanks.
I've been told (meaning I have not tried to put this battery on the Rook/Colt) that the Magnum Peak battery is a direct drop in replacement for the Rook/Colt bikes at 13ah ($650 at $50/Ah)... HOWEVER, given that you can get an additional 10.4Ah battery direct from Surface604 at $48/Ah, it would be a better deal to get an additional 10.4Ah battery for a total of 20.8Ah and carry it in a bag somewhere on the bike. Not only would be cheaper ($48/Ah vs $50/Ah) but a slight less weight as well.

SPARE battery for those that want longer range with the 10.4Ah stock one : 48V 7.8Ah ($28.65/Ah) - $200 (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
48V 10.4Ah ($48/Ah) - $499 https://surface604bikes.com/products/48v-10-4ah-lithium-ion-battery-for-rook-and-colt-2018
48V 13Ah ($50/Ah) - $650 (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
48V 16Ah ($37.5/Ah) - $599 http://www.voltbike.ca/replacement-parts/electric-bike-parts/li-ion-battery-48v-16ah.html
48V 17.5Ah ($43/Ah) - $750 https://www.hicbattery.com/Dorado-505-Battery-48v-175ah_p_16.html
48V 20Ah ($34.95/Ah) - $699 (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
48V 11Ah ($27.36/Ah) - $301 https://www.dhgate.com/product/free-plus-reention-dorado-48v-battery-pack/427673088.html
48V 17.5Ah ($23.31/Ah) - $407.92 https://www.dhgate.com/product/china-supplier-plus-reention-dorado-battery/425378482.html

If you guys know of any other batteries with higher capacity let me know. Thanks.

I had ordered online 2 battery’s from a company in China off Alibaba. My wife owns a Rook, the max capacity that fits in the casing is a 20.4 AH Lithium battery, my Shred I ordered a 13.6 AH. This company was a 5 Star company to deal with. The landed costs in U.S funds to my door in Canada we’re $515.00 and $372.00. Shanghai Aijiu Energy Science and Technology Co. Ltd. contact name was Susie Cen. Can’t say enough good stuff about how the ordering process went, many pictures and details.

I had ordered online 2 battery’s from a company in China off Alibaba. My wife owns a Rook, the max capacity that fits in the casing is a 20.4 AH Lithium battery, my Shred I ordered a 13.6 AH. This company was a 5 Star company to deal with. The landed costs in U.S funds to my door in Canada we’re $515.00 and $372.00. Shanghai Aijiu Energy Science and Technology Co. Ltd. contact name was Susie Cen. Can’t say enough good stuff about how the ordering process went, many pictures and details.

Is the battery case a Dorado PLUS that fit into your Rook? There are several Reention casings. Is the size about 455mm x 100mm x 64mm?

Hi Hoppy, here’s some pictures from my order. These were sent to me from Susie prior to shipping to make sure I was happy with my order. The communication back and forth was excellent. In terms of length and width etc. To my knowledge from Susie, there’s only one style casing that’s fits the Rook and one style casing that fits the Shred which is the stock one. You then have the choices on what AH cells you want in there...I asked for the best and Maximum AH available that would fit...and that is for the Rook or Colt 20.4AH and the Shred 13.6AH. You can cut costs by quite a bit going with less AH but why if your going through all this. Susie claimed for the best performance use the Samsung cells, they have others that are less expensive but I chose these.

On my order for the Rook battery is as follows:
Customized Reention Dorado Max 48V 20.4AH, 500W by Samsung Cells, Discharging Port 2 Pin, Charging Port 3 Pin.

On my order for the Shred battery is as follows:
Customized Reention Dorado Plus Max 52 Cells 48V 13.6AH, 500W, by Samsung cells, Discharging Port 2 Pin, Charging Port 3 Pin.

Note: I ordered there upgraded fan cooled battery chargers which have double the output and a different electrical end. If your going to use the stock plastic battery charger you will need to specify that in your order for that end, just send Susie the picture. Some of the questions on my order was what wall electrical end did I want, I sent the picture which is the same in North America...this company builds battery’s for all country’s and that’s important that you get that 115/120 3 prong. Susie and I through many e-mails got this down. Regards Robert ??

Attachments

• B18F0FE5-DF3A-4606-BE01-2FB94C94E7BC.jpeg
    B18F0FE5-DF3A-4606-BE01-2FB94C94E7BC.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 832
  • 53876B83-699B-4149-AF06-C5D9C2578B01.jpeg
    53876B83-699B-4149-AF06-C5D9C2578B01.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 865
  • 48EED7B0-605C-411B-86F4-0757D98AC484.jpeg
    48EED7B0-605C-411B-86F4-0757D98AC484.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 1,363
  • 8C49F138-406F-48E0-938A-35C91E7D4CF6.jpeg
    8C49F138-406F-48E0-938A-35C91E7D4CF6.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 888
  • 6C7F7F3F-0731-4FC5-BB35-D55F894BE6B8.jpeg
    6C7F7F3F-0731-4FC5-BB35-D55F894BE6B8.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 841
  • 94378AFE-54B3-4B23-95B8-18A85560899A.jpeg
    94378AFE-54B3-4B23-95B8-18A85560899A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,126
  • BFF1EB68-27BE-48D6-89DA-44807BF8F0D6.png
    BFF1EB68-27BE-48D6-89DA-44807BF8F0D6.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 864
  • FEB13764-4C13-4809-89E5-01101A494F45.jpeg
    FEB13764-4C13-4809-89E5-01101A494F45.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 834
I just ordered the same two batteries as Robert. Will see what the delivery time is.

For my wifes Rook - 20.4 AH and for my Shred 13.6 AH.

As Robert Indicates, Susie is extremely helpful and ensures everything is clear over many emails. A great experience so far.

Hi Hoppy, here’s some pictures from my order. These were sent to me from Susie prior to shipping to make sure I was happy with my order. The communication back and forth was excellent. In terms of length and width etc. To my knowledge from Susie, there’s only one style casing that’s fits the Rook and one style casing that fits the Shred which is the stock one. You then have the choices on what AH cells you want in there...I asked for the best and Maximum AH available that would fit...and that is for the Rook or Colt 20.4AH and the Shred 13.6AH. You can cut costs by quite a bit going with less AH but why if your going through all this. Susie claimed for the best performance use the Samsung cells, they have others that are less expensive but I chose these.

Customized Reention Dorado Max 48V 20.4AH, 500W by Samsung Cells, Discharging Port 2 Pin, Charging Port 3 Pin.

Customized Reention Dorado Plus Max 52 Cells 48V 13.6AH, 500W, by Samsung cells, Discharging Port 2 Pin, Charging Port 3 Pin.

Note: I ordered there upgraded fan cooled battery chargers which have double the output and a different electrical end. If your going to use the stock plastic battery charger you will need to specify that in your order for that end, just send Susie the picture. Some of the questions on my order was what wall electrical end did I want, I sent the picture which is the same in North America...this company builds battery’s for all country’s and that’s important that you get that 115/120 3 prong. Susie and I through many e-mails got this down. Regards Robert ??

Great information. Thank you very much. I plan to order the Rook battery.

Hi Robert (jv34) and all. I have just joined the forum so that I can thank you Robert for your posts regarding the battery upgrade. A little about myself. I have the Rook. I have had it for about 16 months and have now ridden almost 2,000 miles. I am retired and ride for pleasurable exercise. I live in Silicon Valley and directly behind me are some very steep hills. I normally ride with an assist setting of 2, about 50/50 in the hillsides and in the valley. On a combination of hillside and valley I can get almost 33 miles on a full charge. On the valley only at a setting of 1, I have gone (over several rides) as far as 145 miles on a charge. Of course, I'm peddling in all cases. Because I prefer long rides on varied terrain, as we have many choices here and nearby, the only downside to the bike is the limited distance of the battery. It has often caused me to turn around, to go back, long before I wish to do so. For me, the bike has been perfect otherwise.

As such, from the very beginning of having received the bike, I have been searching for a larger battery. Eventually I found a possible battery upgrade on Alibaba. By coincidence, I have been exchanging emails with Susie Chen since September. I agree with you that she is very responsive, professional and great to deal with. I reached the point of almost ordering the 20.4 AH battery. However, I had ongoing concerns about it damaging the $129.00, 18AH controller and / or the $189.00 display and keyboard, something I was not able to obtain reliable information about. I decided to postpone the purchase while I tried and obtain more information regarding compatibility and risk. I was also considering to maybe purchase another bike instead with the 20 AH battery. All the while, I have also been watching this forum for advice. A few days ago, to great joy, I found your posts. What a great Christmas present Robert. Thank you!

So now you have taken the plunge, the risk so to speak, for the rest of us. Therefore, after having tested the battery for a reasonable period of time, please let us know if you have, or are, experiencing any compatibility issues or damage to the bike's electrical system. Additionally, it would be very nice to know how many more miles you are getting in comparison to what you had been getting with the original battery.

Again, Robert, thank you very much for your very detailed post. Regards Norm

Hi Robert, can you inform us the riding ranges that you are getting on the Rook with the 48V 20.4Ah battery? Thanks

Thanks for the info Robert. However I'm a bit confused. Looking at the alibaba site https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Reention-Dorado-Mini-Pro-Plus-36V_60736873926.html
I see this image with dimensions:
HTB1zThrl_qWBKNjSZFAq6ynSpXad.jpg
So given that I measured the Rook battery and it has the same dimensions as the Reention Dorado Plus of 458mm x 61.4mm x 104mm (length x width x height). But instead in your post above you have the Dorado Max listed for the Rook battery which has dimensions of 390mm x 75.5mm x 98mm which I doubt the short length of 390mm would fit the Rook. So am I reading this right or do you have the batteries for the Rook and Shred in your post labeled incorrectly? I also see that you have the Shred battery listed as Dorado Plus Max. You probably meant just Plus or just Max (and if the 2 batteries are reversed I would think it's Plus) as I don't think there is a Dorado Plus Max, right? Thanks.

Thanks for the info Robert. However I'm a bit confused. Looking at the alibaba site https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Reention-Dorado-Mini-Pro-Plus-36V_60736873926.html
I see this image with dimensions:
View attachment 29253
So given that I measured the Rook battery and it has the same dimensions as the Reention Dorado Plus of 458mm x 61.4mm x 104mm (length x width x height). But instead in your post above you have the Dorado Max listed for the Rook battery which has dimensions of 390mm x 75.5mm x 98mm which I doubt the short length of 390mm would fit the Rook. So am I reading this right or do you have the batteries for the Rook and Shred in your post labeled incorrectly? I also see that you have the Shred battery listed as Dorado Plus Max. You probably meant just Plus or just Max (and if the 2 batteries are reversed I would think it's Plus) as I don't think there is a Dorado Plus Max, right? Thanks.

To clarify battery's. I own two Surface 604 bikes and had ordered two new battery's as extra back-ups more than anything. The stock Rook battery is a longer battery then a stock Shred and the description on my packing slip for the Rook says it is a Reention Dorado Max 48V 20.4AH 500W. Again going from my packing slip my Shred has the Reention Dorado Plus 48V 13.6AH 500W. Hope this helps you out.

To clarify battery's. I own two Surface 604 bikes and had ordered two new battery's as extra back-ups more than anything. The stock Rook battery is a longer battery then a stock Shred and the description on my packing slip for the Rook says it is a Reention Dorado Max 48V 20.4AH 500W. Again going from my packing slip my Shred has the Reention Dorado Plus 48V 13.6AH 500W. Hope this helps you out.

When giving Susie at the factory the measurements she wants to know the length of the battery mounting hardware on your frame, from the outside of the plastic on both ends.

My two batteries arrived today. 20 AH for my wifes rook and 13.4 AH for my shred. Great packaging and delivery.
The 20 AH is big and my wife should be able to go for a long time on that one.
For me, I have two 13.4 AH now and can carry one as a spare to get me through a long day.

Unfortunately no test riding going on out my way with temperatures just hitting -20 for a high. Maybe in a few weeks.

My two batteries arrived today. 20 AH for my wifes rook and 13.4 AH for my shred. Great packaging and delivery.
The 20 AH is big and my wife should be able to go for a long time on that one.
For me, I have two 13.4 AH now and can carry one as a spare to get me through a long day.

Unfortunately no test riding going on out my way with temperatures just hitting -20 for a high. Maybe in a few weeks.

Can you inform us the total price you paid for the 20AH battery for the Rook? This may include the battery cost, shipping, insurance, duty, etc. Thank you.

For both batteries, with two chargers $985.00 US to my door, all customer etc included.
For just the 20.4 Ah Rook battery, estimate half the shipping so $507.00 US to my door
For Just the 13.4 Ah Shred battery, estimate half the shipping $405.00 US to my door

Thank you. So the total delivery price is $985 ($775 plus $210).
The way to look at it is $/Ah... So $985/(13.6+20.4=$34Ah) = $29/Ah

If you do just 20.4Ah then it's $507/20.4 = $25/Ah

So not bad when you compare to the OP prices.

See above post for my order.

NOTE - you need to order 5 pin discharging port NOT 2 Pin.
Could you please post a picture of your discharge port? Cause both of your orders state: Discharging port: 2 pin, Charging port: 3 pin. And AFAIK all Reention Dorado packs that I looked at come like that. Thanks.

Back