I'm officially one of you now...

kingtermite

Just bought my R&M Roadster Touring yesterday. I got a great deal on a floor model (2018). I should be able to pick up in a couple of days (kept it to tune it up, and add a couple of things for me).

Anybody know exact specs (or where to find them) on the 2018 model?

Guy at the bike shop specifically mentioned it had the higher torque (75 N-m) motor versus the 2019 model with the 63 N-m motor. It's not that I don't trust the bike shop...just trying to dive into the specs (I'm an engineer....it's the kind of stuff I love) while I'm waiting to go pick it up in a few days.

Attachments

• RMRoadster_sm.png
    RMRoadster_sm.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 755
Just bought my R&M Roadster Touring yesterday. I got a great deal on a floor model (2018). I should be able to pick up in a couple of days (kept it to tune it up, and add a couple of things for me).

Anybody know exact specs (or where to find them) on the 2018 model?

Guy at the bike shop specifically mentioned it had the higher torque (75 N-m) motor versus the 2019 model with the 63 N-m motor. It's not that I don't trust the bike shop...just trying to dive into the specs (I'm an engineer....it's the kind of stuff I love) while I'm waiting to go pick it up in a few days.
Nice Ride , Enjoy ! ??

Congrats on the new bike! You can trust the guys at G&O they are good people for sure. I recognize the woodworking on the counter. He’s correct, although for 2019 the Roadster 20mph version actually has 50Nm (Bosch Active Plus) of torque and the 28mph version has 63Nm (Bosch speed motor).

Congrats on the new bike! You can trust the guys at G&O they are good people for sure. I recognize the woodworking on the counter. He’s correct, although for 2019 the Roadster 20mph version actually has 50Nm (Bosch Active Plus) of torque and the 28mph version has 63Nm (Bosch speed motor).
Yes, the fact that this previous year model had the better torque motor was a big selling point for me.

Congrats on the new bike.

To answer your question: the 63Nm drive is a class 3 drive (Bosch Performance Speed), whereas the 75Nm is a class 1 (Bosch CX). Therefore your bike will be limited to 20mph if you have the 75Nm version. Because no Bosch 28mph drive with 75Nm of torque exists. Hope that clarifies things.
Correct. It’s limited to 20 mph on the cx. That’s fine with me. I’m more interested in the torque than the speed.

I guess I'll be one of you also. I just ordered 2019 Nevo GH Vario 43 cm from Fly Rides San Diego. It should ship on Monday. This bike was actually purchased for my wife. She just had replacement shoulder surgery and does not plan to ride it until spring.

The size will fit me OK and I plan to ride it for the next 2-3 months while I shop for a new bike for myself. This Nevo is our first R&M as well as our first ebike. The next few months should give me a chance to see how I like the R&M brand as well as the Nuvinci/Enviolo hub. If all goes well, I will be looking to purchase a Superdelite, Supercharger, Homage, or Nevo for myself.

Last edited:
Welcome to ebiking and the world of Riese & Muller. There are quite a few great bikes out there. R&M are among the best...innovative design, outstanding build quality, top notch component choices. Riding a bike around Western Washington is hard to beat.

My Delight at Artist Point Mt. Baker

P1032724.JPG

Back