Ebikemotion x35 speed limiter "fix"

So today was my first ride on my new bike , 46 miles, 3600 feet of climbing and I set off with 85% in the battery and returned with 20% . Definitely made life a lot easier but my legs were knackered by the end of the ride.

So today was my first ride on my new bike , 46 miles, 3600 feet of climbing and I set off with 85% in the battery and returned with 20% . Definitely made life a lot easier but my legs were knackered by the end of the ride.

Good going PD, having lived in the South Hams (Cornworthy) I know all too well how tough Devon roads are. I used to regularly ride the early Spring Road Race series, based around Bovey Tracey. Man those are tough roads.

That’s where I was riding , from Newton Abbot up the Teign valley towards Moretonhampstead then down to Bovey Tracey ,then up to Manaton across to Haytor and back to Newton

Lovely ride, I think considering you where out first time, getting used to a new position etc. A little nervous ernergy, both yourself and the battery usage are looking good. I've come to the conclusion? Lower cadence (bigger gear) = lower battery consumption. The sweet spot for me is around 75rpm, that's when the assist appears to be useful. So, for hills, where I used to climb in and out of the saddle, I now spin, getting great assist. However on flat rolling sections, I'm back to pushing, a little around 65rpm average. I believe my figures back me up? As I am averaging 120/130miles per charge riding in the East Yorkshire Wolds.

Hi All, I did an extended test ride an Orbea Gain M30. Pretty nice, but when grinding up a climb out of the saddle with the assist on, the power would sometimes cut out mid-stroke. It was definitely an unpleasant experience and the guys in the shop were able to duplicate it. Is this normal for this system? Never had that happen on other ebikes.

The other thing was a noticeable amount of drag trying to slow me down when coasting or just slowly spinning the cranks when travelling over the 20mph limit. Does the amount of assist you have programmed into each step have any bearing on this?

Farrallon, never experienced any drag whatsoever. Have noticed though? When dropping from level 3 back through to eco mode, it takes the motor a little while to "catch up" A couple of reverse turns on the pedals brings it back on line. Now like you, I climb hills "in n out" the saddle pushing a bigger gear. Or I should say used too? The Gains motor has a sweet spot for assisting, for me this is around 75/80rpm. When climbing I now spin lower gears and in return receive maximum assist with whatever level I'm in at that moment. To confirm this, I've done rides pushing a largish gear (average 65rpm) with very little battery usage. Same 40 mile ride, averaging this time 78rpm, I used 3 times the amount. My conclusion? The motor likes revs on hills, otherwise it doesn't fulfil it's role very well. Where I live in East Riding of Yorkshire, we have the rolling Yorkshire Wolds, with some short but very steep climbs. Now that I use revs on those hills, the bike tackles them well.

Hi All, I did an extended test ride an Orbea Gain M30. Pretty nice, but when grinding up a climb out of the saddle with the assist on, the power would sometimes cut out mid-stroke. It was definitely an unpleasant experience and the guys in the shop were able to duplicate it. Is this normal for this system? Never had that happen on other ebikes.

The other thing was a noticeable amount of drag trying to slow me down when coasting or just slowly spinning the cranks when travelling over the 20mph limit. Does the amount of assist you have programmed into each step have any bearing on this?
Haven't noticed either of these. The motor rpm is 0 above 20 mph according to the ebikemotion app, so I doubt there is any drag.

I do not understand very well what is the problem that you experience, I have not noticed any of that which exposes

Farrallon, never experienced any drag whatsoever. Have noticed though? When dropping from level 3 back through to eco mode, it takes the motor a little while to "catch up" A couple of reverse turns on the pedals brings it back on line. Now like you, I climb hills "in n out" the saddle pushing a bigger gear. Or I should say used too? The Gains motor has a sweet spot for assisting, for me this is around 75/80rpm. When climbing I now spin lower gears and in return receive maximum assist with whatever level I'm in at that moment. To confirm this, I've done rides pushing a largish gear (average 65rpm) with very little battery usage. Same 40 mile ride, averaging this time 78rpm, I used 3 times the amount. My conclusion? The motor likes revs on hills, otherwise it doesn't fulfil it's role very well. Where I live in East Riding of Yorkshire, we have the rolling Yorkshire Wolds, with some short but very steep climbs. Now that I use revs on those hills, the bike tackles them well.

Thanks Jaxx, does the app show you real-time RPM's while you are riding?

Farallon Hi, no that is only if you have a Bluetooth Cadence/Speed sensor, so that it can connect with your phone. I'm using a Mio 505 cycle computer (Magellan) in the States. That uses Ant+ sensors. Same with the heart rate, if you want to use that, you need a Bluetooth enabled chest sensor (plenty about)

[QUOTE = "Chazo, post: 200390, member: 24825"] Quelqu'un trouve-t-il un moyen d'augmenter la limite de vitesse, j'ai lu toutes les pages mais je ne trouve pas comment? [/ QUOTE]
impossible to break the speed limiter

Jaxx
I have a wilier but all same set up as orbea. Can you explain ( I am thick,
!) how you approach your riding to get better battery usage
At moment I use assistance ie turn motor on only when I need it. Usually in 100% eco

Jaxx
I have a wilier but all same set up as orbea. Can you explain ( I am thick,
!) how you approach your riding to get better battery usage
At moment I use assistance ie turn motor on only when I need it. Usually in 100% eco

Steve, my rides average 14.8 - 15.2mph I always have eco switched on (80%) Other two levels of assist (100%) Around here are the rolling hills of the Yorkshire Wolds (short but steep) climbs. I believe the assist is set-up to be most advantageous around 75-80rpm. I ride generally a larger gear (avg 66rpm) moving at 15-16mph at this cadence does not appear to use much battery. Likewise climbing (grinding a bigger gear) also appears to offer little in the way of assist. Climb the same hill maintaining a high cadence gives you more in the way of help from the motor - hence more usage of the battery. Perhaps it suits my style of riding? I am averaging at least 120 miles to a charge, and not a full charge? I usually charge to around 85%. To sumerise? On flat roads, I ride my usual lower cadence and now on hills sit and spin instead of "In n Out" the saddle. Hope this makes sense?

Steve, my rides average 14.8 - 15.2mph I always have eco switched on (80%) Other two levels of assist (100%) Around here are the rolling hills of the Yorkshire Wolds (short but steep) climbs. I believe the assist is set-up to be most advantageous around 75-80rpm. I ride generally a larger gear (avg 66rpm) moving at 15-16mph at this cadence does not appear to use much battery. Likewise climbing (grinding a bigger gear) also appears to offer little in the way of assist. Climb the same hill maintaining a high cadence gives you more in the way of help from the motor - hence more usage of the battery. Perhaps it suits my style of riding? I am averaging at least 120 miles to a charge, and not a full charge? I usually charge to around 85%. To sumerise? On flat roads, I ride my usual lower cadence and now on hills sit and spin instead of "In n Out" the saddle. Hope this makes sense?

Jaxx thanks for response. It all makes sense thanks. What is interesting is that the individual needs to experiment and find their own way I guess
I am very happy with my bike. The battery and power are fine
Look forward to other people's thoughts
Will you be buying the external battery when it's ready??

to me these data do not fit me very much, if you take assistance in echo to 80%, can you tell me the cumulative unevenness of some route you do? and your weight, taking into account that my weight is 70 kg and my configuration is in eco 57% second level 65%, and third level 80% which I do not use ever, with routes of 95 km and cumulative height difference of 1.300mts and average speed of 22km / h the cost of battery is 55%, using echo 85% and 15% the second level, but if I make routes as yesterday of 82km with 2,300 cumulative unevenness with 60% in eco mode and 40 % in second level consumption is 70% Battery, I think I explained, greetings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-16-13-13-35-583_es.usal.bisite.ebikemotion.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-16-13-13-35-583_es.usal.bisite.ebikemotion.png
    134.9 KB · Views: 470
  • Screenshot_2019-06-16-17-25-00-201_com.runtastic.android.roadbike.pro.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-16-17-25-00-201_com.runtastic.android.roadbike.pro.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 400
Back