Ebikemotion x35 speed limiter "fix"

Riroman - I am plus 90 k in weight. So my configuration cannot be same as yours. Tonight I have done 20k with eco on all the time set up as 80%. I used 3% battery as my speed was constantly over 16 mph.
It all depends on the route, speed and terrain
I am continually experimenting. I have used full power once but it was way too much even though the hill was long and steep

Riroman - I am plus 90 k in weight. So my configuration cannot be same as yours. Tonight I have done 20k with eco on all the time set up as 80%. I used 3% battery as my speed was constantly over 16 mph.
It all depends on the route, speed and terrain
I am continually experimenting. I have used full power once but it was way too much even though the hill was long and steep

No, won't be investing in additional battery Steve, as it's surplus to requirements. I'm gonna need left hip replacement in the future. My left leg is now only good for 50, 60 miles at the most and as you know I have enough battery to easily cover those distances. Further info for you. I weigh 73 kilos, been riding and racing since 1966. Only last year I could still do a 25 mile TT. under 56 mins. With replacing some parts on my Orbea, I now have it weighing 25lbs. My average HR for a ride, regardless of distance is around 125bpm (I cycle within my abilities) not interested in pushing too hard, I'm here to enjoy it. Being on immusupresant drugs I have a greatly reduced immune protection, so always err on the side of caution and take it easy. I believe like you? It's worth experimenting, to find that "sweet spot" that works best for you?

Last edited:
No, won't be investing in additional battery Steve, as it's surplus to requirements. I'm gonna need left hip replacement in the future. My left leg is now only good for 50, 60 miles at the most and as you know I have enough battery to easily cover those distances. Further info for you. I weigh 73 kilos, been riding and racing since 1966. Only last year I could still do a 25 mile TT. under 56 mins. With replacing some parts on my Orbea, I now have it weighing 25lbs. My average HR for a ride, regardless of distance is around 125bpm (I cycle within my abilities) not interested in pushing too hard, I'm here to enjoy it. Being on immusupresant drugs I have greatly reduced protection, so always err on the side of caution and take it easy. I believe like you? It's worth experimenting, to find that "sweet spot" that works best for you?
Cool I understand what you are saying. I have back issues, which is why I got the bike. Still ride others but riding e bike more and more, at end of the day I will use as much or as little help that makes me feel good. I ride around Derbyshire e bike just makes it more fun

Cool that is what I intend to do. You like the 5000. Tubeless?.

Oh yes. I run them with tubes, however brilliant tyre. Noticeably smoother running compared to the Fusion and very grippy. Have ridden the 4000's for years on all my bikes. Last ten years or so, no more than two punctures. Well worth the extra cash over some other tyres?

Oh yes. I run them with tubes, however brilliant tyre. Noticeably smoother running compared to the Fusion and very grippy. Have ridden the 4000's for years on all my bikes. Last ten years or so, no more than two punctures. Well worth the extra cash over some other tyres?
Ok I am going to try them. Slashed a tire - 3 inch cut in wall on Sunday - tubeless would not have helped
Not yet fully convinced about tubeless
Saw go 5000 for £74 del with two tubes

end of June or beginning of July available

Attachments

• IMG_20190618_211023.jpg
    IMG_20190618_211023.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 631

Ok I am going to try them. Slashed a tire - 3 inch cut in wall on Sunday - tubeless would not have helped

If that's for the pair? That's a great deal.

Yes it is. Out of stock at mo but more this week

Yes it is. Out of stock at mo but more this week

Please send me the link. Deal too good to miss.

They are in but I got the tubeless great price

Yes, ordered mine yesterday. On another note? Used the second level of assist for first time today. Last section of hill near me is in "old money" 1 in 4. Two years ago when I last climbed it, I had a 23 sprocket on the rear. Today a 28, would not have made the final 200 yards without the Gains help.

Guys, I have a couple of questions. I have not yet played with the power levels. I mostly have ridden in Assist 1 with the occasional move to Assist 2 for some help climbing. I also turn the power off and on as needed. However I'm curious to read some of you have adjusted your power levels to different percentages. My question is what are the starting levels of each power level? I note that one poster has gone to to 50% in A1 and 15% in A2. Another has gone to 80% of A1. It seems to me that whatever the power level of A1 is, 15% of A2 would be less. Any help to determine what 100% of A1/A2/A3 is would be appreciated. Thx.

Guys, I have a couple of questions. I have not yet played with the power levels. I mostly have ridden in Assist 1 with the occasional move to Assist 2 for some help climbing. I also turn the power off and on as needed. However I'm curious to read some of you have adjusted your power levels to different percentages. My question is what are the starting levels of each power level? I note that one poster has gone to to 50% in A1 and 15% in A2. Another has gone to 80% of A1. It seems to me that whatever the power level of A1 is, 15% of A2 would be less. Any help to determine what 100% of A1/A2/A3 is would be appreciated. Thx.

Good question. Anyone???

I've also done experiments with assistance levels and have gone as low as 50% for A1 but found I could barely feel the assistance. 60% felt okay, but I settled on 75%. A2 & A3 I've left as is, as in I'm riding an ebike FFS and as I've been hauling all that extra weight around all day and I'm bloody well going to use it on the hills. 100% feels nice, like riding with the wind behind me, but for me that felt just a bit too much, 75% seems a good compromise given I'm neither a light weight or a fast rider and live in what I'll call undulating terrain. No big hills, but not that much flat either. Because of this and level of fitness I spend most of my time below the 15.5mph cut off speed, but 75% feels right to me given my riding style and the speed I ride at.

Lastly, and haven't been able to get my head around this at all, but reducing the assistant percentage doesn't seem to give an increase in range. I can't figure it out, in theory it ought to, in practice it doesn't.

Back