Intermittent ebike motion X35 motor cut out problems diagnostic, dealers or DIY ?

Esensium300W

Region
United Kingdom
Ebike Motion X35: Can some one perhaps a bicycle mechanic skilled in electric bikes explain why a Software Upgrade or a replacement PASS SENSOR (pulse sensor) or replacement cassette lock ring fitted with magnets, will prevent the motor from intermittent power cut offs. The bikes motor is faulty and It seems impossible to try and fix such issues without going to a bike shop mechanic skilled and knowledgeable in Ebike motion X35 Mahle motor systems. As a cyclist always used to mending your own bike unless it becomes just to frustrating, suddenly, ebikes take away the DIY aspect of bike maintenance. Can customers perform their own software updates? No. Can customers buy their own leads or use the dealer Mahle application to access the management system? No. Can customers buy the leads dealers have for maintenance? With a lot of difficulty if your lucky……..

Ebike Motion X35: Can some one perhaps a bicycle mechanic skilled in electric bikes explain why a Software Upgrade or a replacement PASS SENSOR (pulse sensor) or replacement cassette lock ring fitted with magnets, will prevent the motor from intermittent power cut offs. The bikes motor is faulty and It seems impossible to try and fix such issues without going to a bike shop mechanic skilled and knowledgeable in Ebike motion X35 Mahle motor systems. As a cyclist always used to mending your own bike unless it becomes just to frustrating, suddenly, ebikes take away the DIY aspect of bike maintenance. Can customers perform their own software updates? No. Can customers buy their own leads or use the dealer Mahle application to access the management system? No. Can customers buy the leads dealers have for maintenance? With a lot of difficulty if your lucky……..
My Bianchi Aria e is currently in the local shop.
The problem is that the motor cuts out despite there being no flashing pink error light.
One of the issues that came up is that despite the guy being very ontop of the system, he is an Orbea dealer and cannot access my bike through his dealer app as its not authorised due to it being in a Bianchi. Crazy as its exactly the same as Orbea but in a different frame.

My Bianchi Aria e is currently in the local shop.
The problem is that the motor cuts out despite there being no flashing pink error light.
One of the issues that came up is that despite the guy being very ontop of the system, he is an Orbea dealer and cannot access my bike through his dealer app as its not authorised due to it being in a Bianchi. Crazy as its exactly the same as Orbea but in a different frame.
If your bike is out of warranty then there’s no need to take the bike to a dedicated dealer for your own bike. If it’s a motor, electrics (wires and connectors) or software problem, any bike shop with staff knowledgeable in solving and mending your make of motor will take on the job. My girlfriend’s ebike fitted with a Mahle X35 first generation system was repaired by the owner of PoweredBicycles in Long Eaton, Nottinghamshire, UK. He ordered a new PASS sensor, changed one of the leads from the battery to the joystick button controller, and upgraded the bikes software. That’s solved the problem of intermittent motor cut outs. It cost nearly £300 due mainly to labour costs since it took time to understand and solve the problems.

If your bike is out of warranty then there’s no need to take the bike to a dedicated dealer for your own bike. If it’s a motor, electrics (wires and connectors) or software problem, any bike shop with staff knowledgeable in solving and mending your make of motor will take on the job. My girlfriend’s ebike fitted with a Mahle X35 first generation system was repaired by the owner of PoweredBicycles in Long Eaton, Nottinghamshire, UK. He ordered a new PASS sensor, changed one of the leads from the battery to the joystick button controller, and upgraded the bikes software. That’s solved the problem of intermittent motor cut outs. It cost nearly £300 due mainly to labour costs since it took time to understand and solve the problems.
Update on problem. The bike shop have tried everything but no joy. Have had to contact ebikemotion directly and after sending proof of purchase etc they have joined in. They are saying there is no problem as there is no flashing light. Shop trying to get across that thats the problem. Its not working but no showing an error. Its been about a month now and to be honest its a bit of a joke. The shop is trying really hard to fix this but as is the norm its the people who will ultimately have to foot the bill that are dragging their feet. A two year warrenty should mean exactly that. No questions get it replaced.

“They are saying there is no problem as there is no flashing light.”

Don’t let them get away with that. Record your ride on the MAHLE app then look at the graphs that are created in your on-line account. Scan the “Level of Assistance” graph for places the level drops to zero. Keep zooming in and scan carefully because those sections can be only a fraction of a second. I and my LBS struggled with MAHLE for 5 months before, eventually, Bianchi stepped up and sent me a whole new bike. I have not had that cutout experience once on the new bike. Dealing with MAHLE was a very, very frustrating experience for both my LBS and me.

Attachments

• F4408A5B-5F93-426F-B08E-655D3ED64B62.png
    F4408A5B-5F93-426F-B08E-655D3ED64B62.png
    171.8 KB · Views: 320
Update. Ebikemotion have accepted that its a warranty job and say they have sent out a replacement. Its been a month now and its still not here tho. Ive since bought a Gain to enable me getting out. Whole thing is so bad and still not fixed.

Update on problem. The bike shop have tried everything but no joy. Have had to contact ebikemotion directly and after sending proof of purchase etc they have joined in. They are saying there is no problem as there is no flashing light. Shop trying to get across that thats the problem. Its not working but no showing an error. Its been about a month now and to be honest its a bit of a joke. The shop is trying really hard to fix this but as is the norm its the people who will ultimately have to foot the bill that are dragging their feet. A two year warrenty should mean exactly that. No questions get it replaced.
I have an M30 Gain I purchased in 2020. Worked amazingly at first.
After 6-7 months started to have issues with motor cutting in and out or just not providing assist.

In short, I returned the bike to the dealer - they had it between July-Oct (3 months) last year trying to identify problem. I didn’t ride much (with assist) over the winter as I only try to use assist when commuting. Sadly when starting to use again in early spring 22 the same issues occurred.

Returned to dealer who again had bike in between March to June (3 months). Various parts replaced.

On my first ride back problems still occur. It is variable but the current issues are:
1: I set the assist at level 2 or 3. After 20-30 seconds when you can feel assist, it resets itself to 0.
2: On other occasions the assist stays on but when climbing a hill the power stops for a few seconds then returns. It feels like a resistance or the brakes put on - when not. It’s also no me going too fast or stopping pedalling.
3: I also notice that when the assist has been engaged and cuts out at 25 kmh again there is a feeling of resistance which doesn’t stop until my speed gets to about 29-30kmh.
4: I have recorded other rides where assist level set -and stays on but no assist provided.

I have recorded 1&4 or Mahle App but others don’t show up. No warnings seem to occur.

The dealer has had bike for 6/12 months (peak cycling season) and admit they have no idea what to do.

I have contacted Orbea Custimer Services and they seem reluctant to help and just push back to dealer.

Anyone had similar motor problems? Any solutions? Anyone had any better experience of Orbea Customer Services?

Thanks

Latest on this saga.
The replacement battery has arrived and installed. New issue is that it is not recognised by the app and an Aria but just shows Mahle and does not allow access to engineering mode etc. phoned Start in Newcastle as the are a good dealer. Was told that they would be able to sort it. Took it there only to find they could not get into it either. Its currently there waiting fir response from Mahle. 140 mile round trip dow the pan but its staying there till fixed. I have contacted the rep again snd had no response other than this emoji 🤷‍♂️

Back