Ebikemotion x35 speed limiter "fix"

Guys, I have a couple of questions. I have not yet played with the power levels. I mostly have ridden in Assist 1 with the occasional move to Assist 2 for some help climbing. I also turn the power off and on as needed. However I'm curious to read some of you have adjusted your power levels to different percentages. My question is what are the starting levels of each power level? I note that one poster has gone to to 50% in A1 and 15% in A2. Another has gone to 80% of A1. It seems to me that whatever the power level of A1 is, 15% of A2 would be less. Any help to determine what 100% of A1/A2/A3 is would be appreciated. Thx.
I think you might be over complicating this; as I understand it, each level does not have a preset power, it is completely within user control (the % set just represents the % of maximum available power). I have green set to 35%, yellow to 70% and red to 100% so it feels fairly linear between each step. Is it any more complicated than that? I'm happy to be corrected if wrong.

I think you might be over complicating this; as I understand it, each level does not have a preset power, it is completely within user control (the % set just represents the % of maximum available power). I have green set to 35%, yellow to 70% and red to 100% so it feels fairly linear between each step. Is it any more complicated than that? I'm happy to be corrected if wrong.

No, but that's not how it works. Each of the three assistance levels has a maximum power output, I don't know what the exact figures are but for sake of arguement (ans easy maths) let's say A1 (Green) is 100w, A2 (Yellow) is 200w and with A3 (Red) you get the full monty of 250w. If you set A1 to 35% you'll only get 35% of 100w i.e. 35w, not 35% of 250w. Set A2 at 70% and you'll get a maximum assistance of 140w, so on and so forth. What you can't do is increase the power lever over and above the preset level.

I dare say that someone will hack the app one day so you can do more than the original programmers allowed for and both increase the power output and top speed, after all this thread is called "x35-speed-limiter-fix" and you really need the one to do the other.

No, but that's not how it works. Each of the three assistance levels has a maximum power output, I don't know what the exact figures are but for sake of arguement (ans easy maths) let's say A1 (Green) is 100w, A2 (Yellow) is 200w and with A3 (Red) you get the full monty of 250w. If you set A1 to 35% you'll only get 35% of 100w i.e. 35w, not 35% of 250w. Set A2 at 70% and you'll get a maximum assistance of 140w, so on and so forth. What you can't do is increase the power lever over and above the preset level.

I dare say that someone will hack the app one day so you can do more than the original programmers allowed for and both increase the power output and top speed, after all this thread is called "x35-speed-limiter-fix" and you really need the one to do the other.

The way you describe it as working is not how it appears in the stats on the app (photo attached); the 35% setting (green) gives approx 35% of total power.

Attachments

• 6D5D2EB8-928F-49D7-8072-0C1E18B70BDF.png
    6D5D2EB8-928F-49D7-8072-0C1E18B70BDF.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 608
The way you describe it as working is not how it appears in the stats on the app (photo attached); the 35% setting (green) gives approx 35% of total power.

The straight line on the graph is the power available at 100% of that assistance level. That line doesn't move if you play around with the power settings. If it worked as you say it does then you ought to be getting 85 to 90w as 35% of 250w is near enought 88w. Your graph shows you're getting under 40w on A1 and about 140 to 150w on A2, both of which are consistant with my explination of how it works.

Capt.,that's what I was hoping someone would have an answer to. I think your numbers make as much sense as anything. I did reduce my A2 to 75% yesterday just to see what happens. In theory too, 9responding another poster who said their didn't notice any gain in battery life I'm not sure that makes sense. My experience using default settings is that using A2 vs A1 reduces battery life significantly quicker, thus if you play with percentages it only makes sense there will be some savings.

Capt.,that's what I was hoping someone would have an answer to. I think your numbers make as much sense as anything. I did reduce my A2 to 75% yesterday just to see what happens. In theory too, 9responding another poster who said their didn't notice any gain in battery life I'm not sure that makes sense. My experience using default settings is that using A2 vs A1 reduces battery life significantly quicker, thus if you play with percentages it only makes sense there will be some savings.
There are definitely power savings to be had by turning down the percentage s. However I find that if you leave them higher the motor gets you over 15 mph and switches off therefore preserving power
It is about how fast you go and terrain type

There are definitely power savings to be had by turning down the percentage s. However I find that if you leave them higher the motor gets you over 15 mph and switches off therefore preserving power
It is about how fast you go and terrain type

And Stevo? By putting in a little more effort. Don't have to be much.

Hi, I just had chance to try it this morning after a week on vacation - you are absolutely correct, apologies. It just shows I shouldn't listen to the LBS who sold me the bike - that's how they had described it to me. All levels are now back to 100% and I suspect that's how they will stay. Thanks for the explanation ?

Hi, I just had chance to try it this morning after a week on vacation - you are absolutely correct, apologies. It just shows I shouldn't listen to the LBS who sold me the bike - that's how they had described it to me. All levels are now back to 100% and I suspect that's how they will stay. Thanks for the explanation ?
For clarity, this was in answer to Capt Sisko's explanation last week - I replied to the wrong person..

For clarity, this was in answer to Capt Sisko's explanation last week - I replied to the wrong person..
Hiya
Keeping them at 100% will be fine. I have knocked L1 and L2 down a bit as they give me too much help. L3 will always be full on
This way you save battery. However we are all different. We have the motor for our own reasons and therefore need to tune it to suit our own needs
Today I did 60k but never had the motor on as I simply did not need it. The overall average speed was only 13.5 mph on a mixed terrain
I have the motor as insurance

Hiya
Keeping them at 100% will be fine. I have knocked L1 and L2 down a bit as they give me too much help. L3 will always be full on
This way you save battery. However we are all different. We have the motor for our own reasons and therefore need to tune it to suit our own needs
Today I did 60k but never had the motor on as I simply did not need it. The overall average speed was only 13.5 mph on a mixed terrain
I have the motor as insurance

And that Steve, have you summed up rightly, is the whole point of such a bike and the market it is aiming to supply.

So back to the original question: Has anyone come up with a speed limiter "fix" or hack on the ebikemotion? Also, Specialized (according to rumors) is about to come out with their e road bikes. They will NOT bee using the ebikemotion motor but something else. They were supposed to announce in early July, but so far have heard nothing.

So back to the original question: Has anyone come up with a speed limiter "fix" or hack on the ebikemotion? Also, Specialized (according to rumors) is about to come out with their e road bikes. They will NOT bee using the ebikemotion motor but something else. They were supposed to announce in early July, but so far have heard nothing.
No heard of anyone cracking it
Personally not interested in changing anything quite happy with what I have

It's really expensive, but seems like a beautiful bike for those who can afford it. I'm just happy to see some attention given to bikes that don't weigh 50-60 pounds and look more like mopeds than bikes. To each his/her own and it's great that people have choices, but it was getting tiresome to only see reviews on the same type of heavy, bulky eBikes. Maybe this type of eBike will attract a different type of cyclist who wants a bit of help but who don't want a tank like a R&M, Stromer or Juiced bike.

Mid-drive motor on the new Specialized Creo designed and made just for them. "Budget" gravel bike is $9000. Yikes!!! Orbea and Bianchi and Wilier have the hub ebikemotion motors. Maybe not has high powered as the new Specialized, but low weight and way le$$ expen$ive.

Back