Body Float Suspension Seat Post Thoughts

I guess this guy needs to work on his then;
;)

you are 100% right, that is extremely poor adjustment. I am over the recommended weight limit of the hardest spring and mine doesn't come anywhere close to that kind of bounciness.

Cirrus-Cycles-BodyFloat-1-900x600.jpg

All you have to do is look at it to see the stress point; the leverage a rider's weight puts on the seatpost. Please be careful if you use one of these. Maybe only a few of them will snap but...

All you have to do is look at it to see the stress point; the leverage a rider's weight puts on the seatpost. Please be careful if you use one of these. Maybe only a few of them will snap but...
Any seat post with setback will have similar stress points but the stresses would be even more abrupt on them without the springs to absorb impacts.

So, I'm probably going to order one of these sometime this week - those of you that have had one for an extended period, are you still happy and think it's worth the price?

I have been using one for several months and am happy with the Body Float - more comfortable ride; better handling - I don't regret spending the money

Well, I bought in to the hype and splurged on the Body Float seat post from Bellingham.
Will a quick release seat post clamp hold it or is there an alternative one piece clamp?
If so, what diameter does it need to be to accommodate the 31.6mm diameter seatpost?

Well, I bought in to the hype and splurged on the Body Float seat post from Bellingham.
Will a quick release seat post clamp hold it or is there an alternative one piece clamp?
If so, what diameter does it need to be to accommodate the 31.6mm diameter seatpost?
What did you buy? If you bought the carbon one it requires a shim (which Cirrus will provide) for the 31.6 dia. If you purchased the aluminum seat post it does not require any shin or special clamp. Charlie at Cirrus provides very quick response and service. Send him a quick email and he will respond.

The Bodyfloat was delivered via USPS 3 days after placing the order and the initial impression is positive. The build quality and aesthetics appear to be very good. The adjustability of the spring pre-load seems to provide a continuum of responsiveness. Compared to the Satori Harmony suspension seatpost, there is a noticeable difference, which there should be given the 9X price difference.

The initial test ride included a bike path made up of individual concrete squares with deep grooves between each square. At a speed of 20-22 MPH the junction between each square transmitted an irritating, constant frequency vibration with the old seatpost. However, with the Bodyfloat, the vibration is essentially gone. The jar transmitted to the rider from larger bumps is also significantly attenuated. The spring pre-load is currently set to approximately 3.5 on the scale on the side of the seatpost, which corresponds to a seat depression of ~1cm when in a normal, upright riding position.

I own a pedego ridge rider. My seat post is 3o.9 Would the body float work ?
Yes!

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Double check the length, as there's a 350mm and a 420mm. Also check the Cirrus website for the correct springs for your weight. There are deals to be had online for the aluminum model. I got a good price from Lenny.

Yes!

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Double check the length, as there's a 350mm and a 420mm. Also check the Cirrus website for the correct springs for your weight. There are deals to be had online for the aluminum model. I got a good price from Lenny.
Thanks for the reply. I just didn't see any post sizes that are 30.9. Do I need to buy shims ? May I ask how much you paid around ? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I just didn't see any post sizes that are 30.9. Do I need to buy shims ? May I ask how much you paid around ? Thanks.
The link I included was for the 30.9. No shim required.

Last edited:
I just switched from the Suntour NCX SP-12 (27.2, 400mm, firm spring) to the bodyfloat on my Radrover (27.2, 350mm, orange springs) on my Radrover. Amazon has a 30 day return policy and you have another 30 days to ship back when you start the return. The $250 price seems to be pretty firm at Cirrus and most of the other reseller sites I've found. The free Amazon prime shipping and up to 60 days before returning option made me go with them.

I'm still fine tuning the bodyfloat for comfort/control for work commuting and trail riding. I have the bodyfloat seatpost stem at its max height and I almost sent it back because it looked like it might be too short for me when set properly (6'3", 34 inseam, +260lbs with riding gear+commuter backpack). The extra 1-1.5 inches of thickness of my padded 11.5X12.5 Sunlite Cloud-9 seat does help with a little extra height for the bodyfloat for me compared to most regular bike seats. I think I would have to go with the extra length (and cost) of the carbon fiber bodyfloat if I had a thinner seat.

The bodyfloat and Suntour are about even on smooth paved roads/bike paths (as you would expect). I get a little more bounce/dips on the bodyfloat on larger bumps or undulating trails compared to the Suntour. That could just require me to do more fine tuning on the bodyfloat to reduce the bounce. The bodyfloat is far superior with much smaller bumps, ripples, and pockmarked trails in reducing the vibrations compared to the Suntour. Less vibrations are being transmitted to my backside; but, you know they are there because you can feel them in the pedals and handlebars. We have to share the trails with horses near the river and some parts can be riddled with pockmarks from the horseshoes.

The Suntour for the way I ride is the 80%-85% solution. I find the bodyfloat is able to get me to about 90%-95% in smoothing out the minor uneven surfaces the Suntour SP-12 just couldn't reach.

Back