Redshift ShockStop "Full Suspension" Review

I have never used any grease on any seatpost for any of the four e-bikes I used to own. And the seatpost height used to be changed to allow riding by other users without any trouble. (Many users will disagree with me). If you feel you must grease the seatpost, use a proper paste such as Shimano Anti-seize.
Stefan, thank you. I actually don’t want the hassle and mess of using any type of grease. Redshift was recommending it, but now that I know you’ve never had any problem not using grease, then I think I will order myself a new Redshift seatpost :). Thanks again for your input. Greatly appreciated!!

I always use grease, but apply to the inside of the seat tube, not to the post. This eliminates the mess of grease being scraped off when you insert the post and there's no residual grease on the post afterwards. Of course if you are frequently sliding the post up and down your experience could be different.

I have never used any grease on any seatpost for any of the four e-bikes I used to own. And the seatpost height used to be changed to allow riding by other users without any trouble. (Many users will disagree with me). If you feel you must grease the seatpost, use a proper paste such as Shimano Anti-seize.

P.S. Anti-seize paste should be used on two contacting parts made of different material (for instance a steel pedal spindle inside an aluminium crank). Why should two contacting aluminium parts be greased remains a mystery to me.
Stefan Mikes, that Redshift Seatpost is a game changer. I let my wife try it out, now I have to buy another one. Boy, she’s expensive! ;) So thanks again for your excellent review on EBR and for answering my questions about the seatpost!!

I put Redshift stems on both of our Yamaha Cross Cores. Except for the less jarring ride on gravel, you wouldn’t even know that it was there. I highly recommend these stems.

For your information:
Redshift Sports has released a huge variety of ShockStop seat-posts:
  • SHOCKSTOP ENDURANCE SUSPENSION SEATPOST: available in 27.2, 30.4, 30.9 or 31.6 mm diameter, 280, 350, 400 or 450 length
  • SHOCKSTOP PRO ENDURANCE SUSPENSION SEATPOST (new): a combination of springs and elastomers. 27.2 mm diameter, 280 or 350 mm length
  • SHOCKSTOP PRO RACE SUSPENSION SEATPOST (lightweight): a combination of springs and elastomers. 27.2 mm diameter, 280 or 350 mm length.
Bad for me but the 30.9 x 450 mm seat-post has not been made available for Europe yet. I will try the 400 mm one on my Vado 6.0, as it might work for me at the minimum insertion length.

Last edited:
Back