Body Float Suspension Seat Post Thoughts

I think that the body float is to high for me. From my bike post frame to the top space I only have 2 1/2" of post height for my proper riding position. Being 5'5" is too hard to raise post height any taller.

My Suntour is about 4" from the top of the seatpost to where the seat rails attaches to the post. My Sunlite Cloud-9 seat adds about another 3 inches on top of that (7" total). The Bodyfloat range is about 4 1/4" at the highest setting of 1 and about 3 1/4" at the lowest setting (range 1-7 to adjust soft/neutral/firm settings). Depending on your weight and settings, the bodyfloat might lower the seat more into a comfortable seat height when riding.

Maybe the the extra 2" you will need for the Bodyfloat or Suntour might just be in your seat. I would check to see how tall your seat is from the top of the seatpost rails to top of the seat. You might find a lower profile seat that might give you the extra room you need for the suspension seatpost? I imagine padded shorts would make up for a less padded low profile seat.

Last edited:
My Suntour is about 4" from the top of the seatpost to where the seat rails attaches to the post. My Sunlite Cloud-9 seat adds about another 3 inches on top of that (7" total). The Bodyfloat range is about 4 1/4" at the highest setting of 1 and about 3 1/4" at the lowest setting (range 1-7 to adjust soft/neutral/firm settings). Depending on your weight and settings the bodyfloat might lower the seat more into a comfortable seat height when riding.

Maybe the the extra 2" you will need for the Bodyfloat or Suntour might just be in your seat. I would check to see how tall your seat is from the top of the seatpost rails to top of the seat. You might find a lower profile seat that might give you the extra room you need for the suspension seatpost? I imagine padded shorts would make up for a less padded low profile seat.
Thanks for the info. I'm trying to figure out how to get the suntour or bodygloat to work for my hieght. I don't need more hieght. I have only 4" from my body post to the top of my seat rail. Would that be enough to use the body float or suntour suspension seat post without me losing my feet range for pedalling?

I think that the body float is to high for me. From my bike post frame to the top space I only have 2 1/2" of post height for my proper riding position. Being 5'5" is too hard to raise post height any taller.
I have one of these on a bike, not as good as the TB or BF I have, but it does help a lot. With 1.77 inches of suspension travel, you'd have plenty of room for it.

https://www.amazon.com/Origin8-Pro-Fit-Suspension-Post/dp/B0046W0N9G

31VxVy6aN0L._SL1500_.jpg

My battery is behind and under the seat with hinges that let me lift the seat up and out of the way for battery removal. Great!, but I miss out on great products like this. In a perfect eorld they'd make one with the hinge for bikes like mine because I don't want to pull the seat off every time I remove the battery.

My battery is behind and under the seat with hinges that let me lift the seat up and out of the way for battery removal. Great!, but I miss out on great products like this. In a perfect eorld they'd make one with the hinge for bikes like mine because I don't want to pull the seat off every time I remove the battery.
You have a pic. Maybe I can come up with an idea

Hi there. Here is a pic of my bodyfloat at the lowest setting. As you see it's 4 1/2" from bottom of seat rail to tube insert. Would you have the proper seat height after adding a bodyfloat and your seat looks taller too.

Attachments

• IMG_6528.JPG
    IMG_6528.JPG
    242.3 KB · Views: 1,218
Well after putting some miles and riding I can honestly say the body float makes for one smooth ride. I just love it.
I have two. One on a human powered bike and one on my e-bike. It works well for me (black/black combination). I have two orange springs that they sent me in error when I ordered my second BF and I was thinking of posting them on this forum to give away (recipient pays postage). Maybe I'll get around to that soon. Perhaps there is an orange/orange rider out there who needs some spare springs?

I've had mine (Body Float) for 2 years now. Originally on my E3 Peak, now on my Trek Super Commuter 8 +. Could not ride enjoyably without it.
However, one issue. The under seat pack that snaps on the rails interferes. Not bad, but was curious to know if anyone has any solution for under the seat storage with a body float? (
Bontrager Pro Quick Cleat or optional/similar type to work with the Body Float.

I've had mine (Body Float) for 2 years now. Originally on my E3 Peak, now on my Trek Super Commuter 8 +. Could not ride enjoyably without it.
However, one issue. The under seat pack that snaps on the rails interferes. Not bad, but was curious to know if anyone has any solution for under the seat storage with a body float? (
Bontrager Pro Quick Cleat or optional/similar type to work with the Body Float.
I ran across the same dilemma as you did. You need to have good space between the saddle and the rear tire (or fender). I fabricated my own seat pack to carry my spare battery. I originally used a shoulder back pack to carry my spare but got tired of the inconvenience and back sweat, so I cut the original strap and made new straps to secure it under the seat. The nice thing about it is that my spare battery is also isolated from road impacts.
seat pack.jpg

I have two. One on a human powered bike and one on my e-bike. It works well for me (black/black combination). I have two orange springs that they sent me in error when I ordered my second BF and I was thinking of posting them on this forum to give away (recipient pays postage). Maybe I'll get around to that soon. Perhaps there is an orange/orange rider out there who needs some spare springs?

It's a bit late but if your bf orange springs are still available I'd be interested.

Back