Anti dumping Tariff

Stevieman

Hi, I’m new to this forum but think this is the best place to ask a question. I’ve had my order for an AM1000 in for a couple of months now, and it’s almost ready for shipping ( I’m in Scotland btw). I’ve been reading up more on forums and posts about Frey Ebikes ( as you do) and I’m getting a bit worried that I may get hit with a huge bill for the anti dumping tariff. I was prepared for some extra costs to be added once it arrives in the country ( Mayby 10-15%)but up to 80% the value of the bike as an added cost is a real game changer. Has anyone in the UK had a delivery recently and could they confirm the extra costs incurred ( out with the Frey shipping costs of $550 to the UK) ?

below is what it says on the Alibaba site under your orders, I am also bringing a bike from Frey into the UK

Shipping methodTrade TermsShipping Fee
Land freightDDP: You can receive the goods at the destination place, your supplier will do the import customs clearance at the destination port and also afford all the fees including import duty.USD 550.00

below is what it says on the Alibaba site under your orders, I am also bringing a bike from Frey into the UK

Shipping methodTrade TermsShipping Fee
Land freightDDP: You can receive the goods at the destination place, your supplier will do the import customs clearance at the destination port and also afford all the fees including import duty.USD 550.00

So if you take that at face value, then there shouldn’t be any unexpected costs... is that what you were thinking too?

Hello Stevieman, did you contact Simon at Adrenaline Ebikes?
He can tell you much more as he has gotten quite a number of Frey bikes in the UK!

Hello Stevieman, did you contact Simon at Adrenaline Ebikes?
He can tell you much more as he has gotten quite a number of Frey bikes in the UK!
Hi, yeah I did when I starting looking in to Frey but unfortunately he informed me that won’t be involved in Frey bikes for a while, as he has some other things he is taking care of, hence me contracting Frey direct.

Hi, yeah I did when I starting looking in to Frey but unfortunately he informed me that won’t be invoked in Frey bikes anymore, as he has some other things he is taking care of, hence me contracting Frey direct.
Strange as yesterday he posted about delivery of 2 EX's on FB?

Anyway, DDP is the Inco term for Delivery, Duty Paid. It means that the shipper has arranged for all duties and taxes.
Legally this means that if customs has queries about duties, they have to go to the shipper and not you.

Last edited:
Strange as yesterday he posted about delivery of 2 EX's on FB?

Anyway, DDP is the Inco term for Delivery, Duty Paid. It means that the shipper, has arranged for all duties and taxes.
Legally this means that if customs has queries about duties, they have to go to the shipper and not you.
Ideal, thanks for that. It was shame about Simon, but we did have a couple of emails back forth at the start of June, where had could not help at that time. By the sounds of it, things must have changed etc. Which is good for him. Although I did see another post about a company a few days ago near London saying they were the UK disti for the AM1000 and they had loadS in stock ??!? I’m glad I didn’t wait though with long lead times, it might have been xmas till I got one :). Hopefully mine is shipping soon. I appreciate the quick reply though as it puts my mind as ease a bit :).

Hi, yeah I did when I starting looking into Frey but unfortunately, he informed me that won’t be involved in Frey bikes for a while, as he has some other things he is taking care of, hence me contracting Frey direct.
that is exactly the route I went when wanting a Frey, Simon was backing off for a while, he did say I could wait but I decided to contact Frey and start the ball rolling, 6 weeks waiting up to now, there is also no air freight at the minute so that option isn't available, I did ask by the time the bike is made if the air freight is back up and running could I have the option of that, they said no problem (extra cost)

On my order. The countdown of days ran out on Friday, and Ive not heard the latest update of when they expect to ship. It should be soon, but with everything that is going on with the world right now, I’m expecting delays. I’ll ask about the air freight when I speak to them though on Monday.

On my order. The countdown of days ran out on Friday, and Ive not heard the latest update of when they expect to ship. It should be soon, but with everything that is going on with the world right now, I’m expecting delays. I’ll ask about the air freight when I speak to them though on Monday.
the countdown on my order started at 95 days, it is slightly annoying that even when the bike is built it will still take a month to send it over by boat 8-(
once the bike has been built you should receive pictures of your own build, do you message them? when i need to ask something i normally post it as soon as i wake up around 6am and more often than not get a reply and end up having a chat so i know whats going on

Yep the exact same with me, the count down started at 65 and an estimate of 30 days shipping. They have been really good when as Ive contacted them a couple of times to add things to the order, and ask questions. As you say they are good at getting back to you. When the countdown ran out on Friday , I hadn’t spoke with them for a month or so, dropped a message early morning to ask for a quick update. Haven’t had anything as yet, so was just browsing forums and came across the Anti dumping tariff stuff, and if got me thinking, hence the Original post.

Yep the exact same with me, the count down started at 65 and an estimate of 30 days shipping. They have been really good when as Ive contacted them a couple of times to add things to the order, and ask questions. As you say they are good at getting back to you. When the countdown ran out on Friday , I hadn’t spoke with them for a month or so, dropped a message early morning to ask for a quick update. Haven’t had anything as yet, so was just browsing forums and came across the Anti dumping tariff stuff, and if got me thinking, hence the Original post.
i think you should be ok, would you mind updating this forum with your progress, there a lot of people in the same boat and information is great for the consumer. :cool: it looks like i wont be getting mine till winter haha 8-(

Lastest update this morning, the bike has been delayed due to paint colour. I went with yellow, which wasn’t popular but now is, so slight delay in paint. Should be shipped next week

Lastest update this morning, the bike has been delayed due to paint colour. I went with yellow, which wasn’t popular but now is, so slight delay in paint. Should be shipped next week
yes they have just started doing yellow on the AM1000 same colour as on the M600, looks mint in that yellow

Back