Anti dumping Tariff

What extras / variations did you order with yours?
i have ordered the Frey EX Advanced, due to paying upfront as the days have gone on i added a dropper post and the moto x tyres as i will be commuting quite a lot more than actual mountain biking

i have ordered the Frey EX Advanced, due to paying upfront as the days have gone on i added a dropper post and the moto x tyres as i will be commuting quite a lot more than actual mountain biking

nice choice, I’m the same kinda of. AM High spec, but have since added lights, program cable, shift sensor... and I’m now thinking about a dropper post ( never had one) but thinking why not, lol

nice choice, I’m the same kinda of. AM High spec, but have since added lights, program cable, shift sensor... and I’m now thinking about a dropper post ( never had one) but thinking why not, lol
the dropper is definitely worth the price for £65, i forgot i did add the shift sensor plus i asked for an extra charger as i wouldnt want one breaking then having to wait 4 weeks for a new one haha, the AM has the choice of the 52v battery, the EX is only 48v, yours will be faster and with over 1000wh it should go some distance

Was it $80 for the dropper
the dropper is definitely worth the price for £65, i forgot i did add the shift sensor plus i asked for an extra charger as i wouldnt want one breaking then having to wait 4 weeks for a new one haha, the AM has the choice of the 52v battery, the EX is only 48v, yours will be faster and with over 1000wh it should go some distance

I went for the 48v option. Tbh I have one of those Stealth bomber style bikes at 72v, which is fun, but it’s too much almost all of the time . And just now I’m riding a homemade bafang mid 750w mid drive, and it’s plenty fun and plenty fast for all the woods and trails near me.so the ultra should be a happy medium between the 2. I think I’ll add the dropper tomorrow, cause as you say bargain for £65. Oh and being able to program it too, will keep me interested :)

Last edited:
Was it $80 for the dropper

I went for the 48v option. Tbh I have one of those Stealth bomber style bikes at 72v, which is fun, but it’s too much almost all of the time . And just now I’m riding a homemade bafang mid 750w mid drive, and it’s plenty fun and plenty fast for all the woods and trails near me.so the ultra should be a happy medium between the 2. I think I’ll add the dropper tomorrow, cause as you say bargain for £65. Oh and being able to program it too, will keep me interested :)
stealth bombers are wicked, your prob right i think the ultra will be pretty quick as it is more like 1500w standard, i bought some bafang 250w stickers off ebay ready to put on the bike haha, there are a few youtube videos on programming and how to get the best out of it, some people say the original settings can be quite jerky? have you looked at the Eggrider? it lets you programme on the go via bluetooth, these are around £80.

stealth bombers are wicked, your prob right i think the ultra will be pretty quick as it is more like 1500w standard, i bought some bafang 250w stickers off ebay ready to put on the bike haha, there are a few youtube videos on programming and how to get the best out of it, some people say the original settings can be quite jerky? have you looked at the Eggrider? it lets you programme on the go via bluetooth, these are around £80.

I’ll check out the Eggrider, the only reason I wanted to program is, my current bike you can use the throttle from a standstill, which I find really handy when pulling away,or in to traffic etc, and I believe it doesn’t come like that from standard (which I get why) but I wanted to change it. I also think other same cable will allow me to mess around with the my existing 750w which out the box is great, but I can’t hurt, can it, lol.

I’ll check out the Eggrider, the only reason I wanted to program is, my current bike you can use the throttle from a standstill, which I find really handy when pulling away,or in to traffic etc, and I believe it doesn’t come like that from standard (which I get why) but I wanted to change it. I also think other same cable will allow me to mess around with the my existing 750w which out the box is great, but I can’t hurt, can it, lol.
def worth checking out the eggrider, i want the same for mine with using the throttle from start off, i havent found any info in doing this though? sure somebody knows how to though. or if you find out pop it on here :cool:

I think this is what these folk were discussing and the screenshot of the settings at the bottom seems to have fixed the throttle issue.

I think this is what these folk were discussing and the screenshot of the settings at the bottom seems to have fixed the throttle issue.
i will give that a read, nice one for pointing that out :cool:

I asked Frey about programming and they discouraged/declined to send programming cable: "Because through the changed motor, there is no after-sales service. Our appearance will be set to non-zero start.". I wasn't sure if that meant that you can't access/service the motor, or if there isn't service support, after the motor ships.

I asked Frey about programming and they discouraged/declined to send programming cable: "Because through the changed motor, there is no after-sales service. Our appearance will be set to non-zero start.". I wasn't sure if that meant that you can't access/service the motor, or if there isn't service support, after the motor ships.
That’s interesting, when I asked about the cable and software, they just said sure $15 please... and that was a couple of weeks ago.. anyone else had experience on that?

same here i just asked Cecilia when i ordered the bike and paid $15
same here i just asked Cecilia when i ordered the bike and paid $15
Hmmm. That is interesting. I'm curious if you guys built your order through Alibaba or through Frey's sales contact on their website. I've been trying to get to a final build spec ironed out for about 3 weeks now, trading emails every couple of days. Super slow process, especially with the language barrier, to make sure that they understand what I'm asking for. I eventually sent a screen cap from their own website of their standard component offerings.

Hmmm. That is interesting. I'm curious if you guys built your order through Alibaba or through Frey's sales contact on their website. I've been trying to get to a final build spec ironed out for about 3 weeks now, trading emails every couple of days. Super slow process, especially with the language barrier, to make sure that they understand what I'm asking for. I eventually sent a screen cap from their own website of their standard component offerings.
Hi,
I just used Alibaba and the chat app. It’s works really well, and normally they get back to me the same day with queries, and even in almost real time if I sent it early enough, I’m UK so they are 7 hours ahead just now I think.

i used the contact through Frey at first then set up an account on Alibaba then chatted trough the message center in my account, i normally sent all my questions around 7am UK time and it was responded to virtually right away, any later than that and it was answered the day after

I’ve just had word that my bike has again been delayed in production. That’s 2 1/2 weeks late at this point, and I’ve been told that it will ship next week. We will see..... communications are still good, and to be honest this may be more to do with the Covid situation than normal FREY production, it’s just frustrating as I’m like a kid at xmas waiting on Santa. Lol.

I’ve just had word that my bike has again been delayed in production. That’s 2 1/2 weeks late at this point, and I’ve been told that it will ship next week. We will see..... communications are still good, and to be honest this may be more to do with the Covid situation than normal FREY production, it’s just frustrating as I’m like a kid at xmas waiting on Santa. Lol.
8 weeks in i have just messaged Cecilia on an update if this is being held off for over 10 weeks including the freight then i will be asking for me money back, hopefully this isnt the case. i have also read that the frames builders cant keep up with the orders.

Back