Anti dumping Tariff

So I ask for the tracking numbers today, and when I looked them up, the bike was due to delivery today! I’ve unboxed and started to assemble, and it’s all looking really good. Sadly the battery is shipped separately, and tracking shows it in Hungary, with no date for delivery as yet.

So I’m going to set up and check what I can tonight, but I’ve had a thought, does any have any idea of what pressure should be in the front fork and rear shock. I’m a big guy, but not sure what psi I should start at. Ideas anyone?

So I ask for the tracking numbers today, and when I looked them up, the bike was due to delivery today! I’ve unboxed and started to assemble, and it’s all looking really good. Sadly the battery is shipped separately, and tracking shows it in Hungary, with no date for delivery as yet.

So I’m going to set up and check what I can tonight, but I’ve had a thought, does any have any idea of what pressure should be in the front fork and rear shock. I’m a big guy, but not sure what psi I should start at. Ideas anyone?
happy days, chuffed for you. as for the fork setups Rockshox do an APP called Rockshox Trailhead for apple or android i have heard this works for some not for others, i would use the app then go to a shop and let them set it up for me whilst i am sat on it

Initial impressions of build quality, fit and finish is really good. One small paint chip, but everything else seems perfect. The lights (well the rear light to be exact), doesn’t seem great and I’m a bit worried a small bump will take if off, the front one seems better, but no idea how bright they are at this point. The saddle is like king king’s finger, so I’ll need to swap that out too. I’ll get the mud huggers fitted and I’ll update once I get the battery and the first ride out, but I’m really happy with it overall. Also A nice little touch of a free pocket tool, t shirt and cap ( it’s the little things :))

Initial impressions of build quality, fit and finish is really good. One small paint chip, but everything else seems perfect. The lights (well the rear light to be exact), doesn’t seem great and I’m a bit worried a small bump will take if off, the front one seems better, but no idea how bright they are at this point. The saddle is like king king’s finger, so I’ll need to swap that out too. I’ll get the mud huggers fitted and I’ll update once I get the battery and the first ride out, but I’m really happy with it overall. Also A nice little touch of a free pocket tool, t shirt and cap ( it’s the little things :))
awesome, i am sure it will go like a bullet compared to the 250w models we are used to over here haha, some overall thoughts once you have been on it a few times would be great, battery usage, how the PAS is etc... :cool:

Stevieman i had an email yesterday from frey saying the frame was back and in production to have its bits added on, my question is did you receive this message, and if so how long from that point was the bike ready to be shipped? cheers

Stevieman i had an email yesterday from frey saying the frame was back and in production to have its bits added on, my question is did you receive this message, and if so how long from that point was the bike ready to be shipped? cheers

Great news bud, when I got that mail, it was shipped just over a week later, I got the pictures of final assembly about 4-5 days after that mail, then once it went to shipping (by air) it was about another 5 days till it was at my house. Only down side is I’m still waiting for the battery!
Ps I got my bill from FedEx express a couple of days ago, over a week after the bike was delivered to me ( I though I wasn’t going to get one, but I did:( )

thanks for the info hopefully I get some pics in the next few days then :cool:, what's the crack with the bill from FedEx? i thought the extra pricing was due to it being shipped by air and not boat? also whats the costings if you dont mind me asking?

the battery as well what a pain, why wasnt that sent first?

Last edited:
i have just messaged Cecilia the contact i have been messaging from Frey from the start and asked wtf is the crack with the delivery charges at the consumers door step

also asked to send the batteries now seeing as i paid for them over 12 weeks ago

Last edited:
When Frey asked if I wanted the bike to shipped by air, they said they would cover the cost of this, however there would be additonal taxes to be paid of between $100 - $200. The bike arrived ( marked up as a $500 frame) then a letter arrived from FedEx saying they have paid the import taxes and now I was to cover these costs. It was £122.43. And yeah I totally agree, send the battery first, I assume the old way of rail transport taking longer means the bike and battery would turn up at the about the same time normally. The bike has been sitting on my bench for a couple of weeks now, I just look at it :(, lol

I’ve just realised you had got that communication from them yet, regarding the shipping issues, and now swapping it for air transport. I got this email just after I got my pictures. It’s states the additional costs of shipping will be covered by them, and additional taxes by the owner. This is outwits the standard terms that were originally agreed, and ironically the reason I started this thread as I was worried about unforeseen costs and tariffs. To be fair to them, this is something ( rightly of wrongly ? I agreed to, just before shipping to get the bike faster ( which I did). Overlooked the battery issue however

The DDP that Frey say your purchase is protected and the DDP definition either by boat or air is the same -

its a shame that the battery doesnt turn up, i mean whats the point of flying it over in the first place lol, i am just going to ask to send the lot by boat and then when it arrives put it in the shed until summer :cool:

i feel your pain especially when you just want to ride the fecking thing

Definition of DDP
Delivery duty paid (DDP) shipping is a type of delivery where the seller takes responsibility for all risk and fees of shipping goods until they reach their destination. Mainly used for international shipping, DDP is a common shipping method developed by the International Chamber of Commerce which helps to standardize shipping options throughout the world.
Many companies will only use DDP when shipping goods by air or sea freight. Buyers benefit heavily from DDP because they assume less risk, liability, and costs. Although DDP is a good deal for the buyer, it may be a big burden for the seller because it can quickly reduce profits if handled incorrectly.

I’ve just realised you had got that communication from them yet, regarding the shipping issues, and now swapping it for air transport. I got this email just after I got my pictures. It’s states the additional costs of shipping will be covered by them, and additional taxes by the owner. This is outwits the standard terms that were originally agreed, and ironically the reason I started this thread as I was worried about unforeseen costs and tariffs. To be fair to them, this is something ( rightly of wrongly ? I agreed to, just before shipping to get the bike faster ( which I did). Overlooked the battery issue however
yeah i get what your saying if you have agreed to different terms then the conditions will be different 8-(

yeah i get what your saying if you have agreed to different terms then the conditions will be different 8-(
Hi Stephen ,

I am writing to tell you that we found recently the railway shipping to European countries is not reliable enough
and the shipping time is not very stable, it’s around 45days or even much longer.
So for future orders, we will recommend air shipping to Europe as a priority shipping way, as air shipping way has recovered in most of European countries now.

For your present order, as we concluded to deliver by railway shipping earlier that air shipping was stopped for past several months.
In order to support our customer better, and ensure you receive your bike earlier and safer.
We have a special support to switch railway shipping to air shipping for earlier placed orders.
There will be around 350USD cost more for us to ship by air compare with by railway to Europe.
Bike will be delivered by express like TNT, battery will be separately delivered by special line for battery shipping to you. shipping time is around 15-20 days to you.
We will not charge you the extra cost for air shipping, but there will be around 100-200USD taxes you need to pay for the bike arrive to you. Please note.
You can decide whether you would like to switch to air shipping or just keep the train shipping.
Anyway, we will guarantee your interest.
Wait for your confirmation.
Best regards
Cecilia

On 09/05/2020 14:07, [email protected] wrote:
Dear Stephen Ripley
Regarding your order: 41973499501025968‬, The latest status is:
Your order has been inspection and test, sent to packaging department, waiting for the packing.

17_2020956637_7.jpg

17_2020956637_6.jpg

17_2020956637_5.jpg

17_2020956637_4.jpg

17_2020956637_3.jpg

17_2020956636_2.jpg

17_2020956636_1.jpg

17_2020956636_0.jpg

This is a system generated email to indicate your latest order status!
If any doubt, please don't hesitate to contact your customer manager: Cecilia.
From the Frey Team, It's our pleasure to serve you!

Frey Team
2020-09-05 14:14:14​

Frey Bike

Free Ride Enjoy Yourself!
---------------------------------------
Your Customer Manager: Cecilia
Customer Manager E-mail: [email protected]

ahh ok thats fair enough, they are being upfront with the info i think the only pisser is the battery, hopefully you get that soon and then you can throw a few reviews up 👍

Last edited:
I got the "Frame in production" email about 3 weeks ago. Was told I'd receive photos about a week later but they never arrived. I'd assume its been built by now but I've not heard anything to confirm.

I haven't received a "sent to packaging department" email yet. So maybe there is a delay.

But apparently the batteries are on their way, so we're getting there but the waiting has become a bit tedious.

today I received the air freight message asking me would I want mine flown over at there cost but the charge at my end would be 100-200USD and the batteries would take around 15 days, I haven't had any pictures sent to me yet either? have you had the air freight message?

Back