A2B - Still in Business? Bankrupt? Bought by HerEco? Help!

eewhopp

Does anyone have any credible information that A2B is no longer in business AND/OR now owned by HeroEco? My bike is currently in the shop and my mechanic needs to contact someone from these companies to ask some questions regarding the new models and where some of the features are located on the bike. Specifically the "Controller"..

Holler to Ann M. on this forum. On another thread I opened a few weeks ago someone mentioned that you might have some information on this topic. Thanks!

If A2B/HeroEco is no longer in business would anyone know what to do with a 2015 A2B model Alva +/Shima? Sell for parts? Donate?

It went bankrupt in 2011. HeroEco (india firm) took it over in 2013. Should still be in business. They have a US office:

A2B Sales and Distributions Centre, USA
Hero Eco Inc.
23104 Bernhardt St, Suite A
Hayward, CA. 94545
Email: [email protected]

For any service related query please send email to [email protected]

Does anyone have any credible information that A2B is no longer in business AND/OR now owned by HeroEco? My bike is currently in the shop and my mechanic needs to contact someone from these companies to ask some questions regarding the new models and where some of the features are located on the bike. Specifically the "Controller"..

Holler to Ann M. on this forum. On another thread I opened a few weeks ago someone mentioned that you might have some information on this topic. Thanks!

If A2B/HeroEco is no longer in business would anyone know what to do with a 2015 A2B model Alva +/Shima? Sell for parts? Donate?
Ann M. was a great source of info for questions like this but hasn't been on the forum lately.

I suggest you call Lenny's store in Madison. https://www.crazylennysebikes.com/
Lenny bought 250+ A2B bikes back in 2017 and sold all of them in local Madison area. Seeing his ability to sell bikes in HUGE volumes, the CEO of Hero Eco ( the company bought the A2B in Europe) flew in from London and met him personally.
Lenny's store still has few bikes left last time I saw and his mechanics can certainly help you with any parts that are not available elsewhere.

Here is Lenny with Ganguly, the CEO for the global operations of Hero Eco emobility.

Ganguli and Lenny.jpg

Reactions: JRA
Hello, I have a 2009 A2B Metro and have recently lost the keys. My local locksmith is saying it will be much easier to make a replacement key if I could find a photo of what the original key looks like. Does anyone still have this bike? If so can you please post a photo? Or do you know where I can get a replacement key?

Thanks!

Hello, I have a 2009 A2B Metro and have recently lost the keys. My local locksmith is saying it will be much easier to make a replacement key if I could find a photo of what the original key looks like. Does anyone still have this bike? If so can you please post a photo? Or do you know where I can get a replacement key?

Thanks!

Does your bike have an electronic key? For my Alpha + the key looks like a circle about the size of a quarter with an RFID tag inside the key. You swipe it in front of the HUD and the bike turns on. If you have a similar style key Ill post pic

Side note. Save yourself a world of headache and ditch A2B. Parts are nearly non-existent as well as the manuals for the bikes. Check out Sears.com for some crazy deals on ebikes. They are having a fire sale...

Does your bike have an electronic key? For my Alpha + the key looks like a circle about the size of a quarter with an RFID tag inside the key. You swipe it in front of the HUD and the bike turns on. If you have a similar style key Ill post pic

Side note. Save yourself a world of headache and ditch A2B. Parts are nearly non-existent as well as the manuals for the bikes. Check out Sears.com for some crazy deals on ebikes. They are having a fire sale...
Thanks so much. Unfortunately mine is an older model so has the small traditional key not an electronic key. I was hoping to get one more summer out of the A2B but I'll check out Sears though!

I'm posting in case someone Google searches A2B or A2B Entz. buyers please beware. The company does not honor warrantys, neither do the one or two still selling them. There's a prominent company called electricbikecity that seems to be on the level but really is not selling these bikes with a legitimate warranty to replace bad batteries. They will simply ghost you if you have a problem on receipt.-

They will sell some with batteries DOA (I believe knowingly because she claims they test them) and with zero customer service to replace the bike or the battery. They sold me a dead bike with no intention of making good on the battery. SO many stories, outright lies from a very nice person who answers the phone but never followed through- I had another highly reputable company (e-bike marketplace) try to 'repair' the battery thinking it was the cells wililing to spend $600 to get it right- they say they can repair the older A2B Entz but with mine it turned out to be a proprietary controller board connection (battery management system is defective) soldered into the main battery - because of the proprietary connection they were unable to repair the BMS to make the system talk to the battery. I write this because I know there are others. They don't answer the phone in Hayward, nor do they respond to email.

Here is the upshot- google electricbikecity and you will see them trying to sell the A2B Entz Battery for 1300... today...you see that right. The bike itself cost 1699 last summer (they've raised the price a few hundred) so now they were rotten enough NOT to send me a working battery even though they do have them and would rather be out the 1699 to try and make 1300 on the batteries alone. Their math doesn't add up- lousy customer service, deplorable sales tactics. Sad.
What I have is a 67 lb bike with a dead battery. I let the credit card company battle it out with them and got my money back. I will never understand what motivates large sellers like that but please don't get stuck with bicycles from A2B that are simply not being covered under warranty and are ghosting their customers.

I'm posting in case someone Google searches A2B or A2B Entz. buyers please beware. The company does not honor warrantys, neither do the one or two still selling them. There's a prominent company called electricbikecity that seems to be on the level but really is not selling these bikes with a legitimate warranty to replace bad batteries. They will simply ghost you if you have a problem on receipt.-

They will sell some with batteries DOA (I believe knowingly because she claims they test them) and with zero customer service to replace the bike or the battery. They sold me a dead bike with no intention of making good on the battery. SO many stories, outright lies from a very nice person who answers the phone but never followed through- I had another highly reputable company (e-bike marketplace) try to 'repair' the battery thinking it was the cells wililing to spend $600 to get it right- they say they can repair the older A2B Entz but with mine it turned out to be a proprietary controller board connection (battery management system is defective) soldered into the main battery - because of the proprietary connection they were unable to repair the BMS to make the system talk to the battery. I write this because I know there are others. They don't answer the phone in Hayward, nor do they respond to email.

Here is the upshot- google electricbikecity and you will see them trying to sell the A2B Entz Battery for 1300... today...you see that right. The bike itself cost 1699 last summer (they've raised the price a few hundred) so now they were rotten enough NOT to send me a working battery even though they do have them and would rather be out the 1699 to try and make 1300 on the batteries alone. Their math doesn't add up- lousy customer service, deplorable sales tactics. Sad.
What I have is a 67 lb bike with a dead battery. I let the credit card company battle it out with them and got my money back. I will never understand what motivates large sellers like that but please don't get stuck with bicycles from A2B that are simply not being covered under warranty and are ghosting their customers.

I had exactly the same problem. Refused to reply to emails, promised call-backs that never came, and just a terrible experience. I called my bank and stopped payment. Electric Bike City should be avoided, they are dishonest people.

I had exactly the same problem. Refused to reply to emails, promised call-backs that never came, and just a terrible experience.
I called my bank and stopped payment. Electric Bike City should be avoided, they are dishonest people.

Sorry to hear that EBC is still in business... they are now on my blacklist.

Reactions: TMH
Back