2021–2022 Riese & Müller Homage

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
Just remember to factor in the cost of a small van to transport your new (real or imagined) Homages to the idyllic, but distant, countryside that they will demand you explore.

Last edited by a moderator:
A R&M Homage IS a better car instead....
🚴‍♂️
Unfortunately, I cannot mount a rack to carry my other e-bikes with Homage :) Also, hard to believe in the 600 km of range between refuelling of the Homage...

Just remember to factor in the cost of a small van to transport your new (real or imagined) Homages to the idyllic, but distant, countryside that they will demand to explore.
Exactly. I often need to transport my e-bikes.

OK, guys. Take this: It's Tuesday (early morning) here. In the afternoon, I am to see a friend I haven't seen for three years (she lives in NYC; interested how she could fly from the U.S. to Europe? Ask). It is a 55 km round trip urban ride. Even if I had Homage HS, my Speed Vado would be more practical for the ride.

If I were as experienced a year ago as I am today, I might go for Homage GT touring HS with dual battery, dropper post, GX option, Nyon. With all the compromise it takes, it might be my single e-bike at the cost lower than my existing three :) Still, a compromise. Now, what if the Homage broke?

Last edited:
Which brings Stefan to that flowchart, adapted from a post on a Leica camera forum, which heads our Are you going to buy a Riese & Müller? thread.
I can remember that! :D
Which leads to these questions, not included in the chart:
  • Do R&M sell to a customer in Poland? Yes - buy R&M; No - buy another e-bike.
  • Do R&M have a representation in Poland? Yes - buy R&M; No - buy another e-bike.
  • Can R&M provide EU Certificate of Conformity for R&M HS? Yes - buy R&M HS; No - Move to Australia/New Zealand and buy 25 km/h R&M (you cannot ride a HS there anyway) :D
Which leads to another question:
What will you ride when your R&M is in a shop for months waiting for repair?
Are you David? Ride the Powerfly
Are you Richard? Ride the Allant+
Aren't you David or Richard? What will you ride?
:)

What a dilemma!

Move to New Zealand. Beautiful country, friendly people and ebike-friendly. To the best of my knowledge, the only limit they apply is 300 watt max for the motor; the speed limit for motor assist is what is posted on the road.

The last time I was in New Zealand, there wasn't a single creature other than human that could cause you harm. No scorpion, snake, large animals or flying creatures known to result in your demise. Now, the big place know as Australia did has lots. Maybe the bull sheep if you were caught amongst the herd would butt you.

I can remember that! :D
Which leads to these questions, not included in the chart:
  • Do R&M sell to a customer in Poland? Yes - buy R&M; No - buy another e-bike.
  • Do R&M have a representation in Poland? Yes - buy R&M; No - buy another e-bike.
  • Can R&M provide EU Certificate of Conformity for R&M HS? Yes - buy R&M HS; No - Move to Australia/New Zealand and buy 25 km/h R&M (you cannot ride a HS there anyway) :D
Which leads to another question:
What will you ride when your R&M is in a shop for months waiting for repair?
Are you David? Ride the Powerfly
Are you Richard? Ride the Allant+
Aren't you David or Richard? What will you ride?
:)
Stefan, you cherrypick people's complaints to support your decision to avoid a brand you clearly desire.

My Allant+ (which is a terrific bike when it works) has spent way too much time in the shop as did my 2019Homage.

Nancy's 2018 Homage Rohloff HS has never even been overnight in a bike shop. Her Nevo was supremely reliable. My Delite mountain (with derailleur) has been rock solid and now has over 7,000 miles in a year and a half. The only repairs have been chains and cassette replacement.

Many 2019/2020 Homages had problems, that model was the exception, not the rule. It appears the 2021 models have fully addressed those issues. TIme will tell.

The bike I have always been able to ride when others were in the shop is a Riese & Muller Delite.

Methinks the lad doth protest too much ;)

Last edited:
Methinks the lad doth protest too much ;)
@Alaskan! Do you think Polish kids were taught the English version of "Hamlet" in the Polish People's Republic? :D
I felt I knew that phrase... I recollected that when I was using the word "meseems" at some post. 'Cause I indeed read Shakespeare in the original when I was a university student...

The waiting.....
The Waiting!.....

The Horror.gif

Back