Your experiences with the new Mahle MySmartBike app (replacement for Ebikemotion)

7B16DCB9-2201-40F0-BF6F-A39154D70988.png
A68088EE-11C2-433F-A6A3-316D152087B8.png

Screen 2 and 3 only see speed figure compressed
But loving the new app good job

Screen 2 and 3 only see speed figure compressed
But loving the new app good job
Thank you ;)

The back button it is fixed. Was a branding color issue, was fixed on backend. About the other issues about the numbers cut we will work on it an release an update 👍
Thanks a lot for your help!

Thank you ;)

The back button it is fixed. Was a branding color issue, was fixed on backend. About the other issues about the numbers cut we will work on it an release an update 👍
Thanks a lot for your help!
You welcome
Thank you for sorting issues out so quickly back button works correctly

mi bici tiene x35, lo de el nivel de brillo automatico no lo veo por ninguna parte en los ajustes de la aplicacion,gracias.

mi bici tiene x35, lo de el nivel de brillo automatico no lo veo por ninguna parte en los ajustes de la aplicacion,gracias.
In settings bottom of page
Should be the same x35 and x20

Attachments

• B6EA7AC9-258B-4948-82C3-262E7D00C351.png
    B6EA7AC9-258B-4948-82C3-262E7D00C351.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 96
yes 2.0.0

I am sorry. The autobrightness was an experiment that I made on iOS totally out of the scope of the 2.0.0 version.
People on the office get crazy with that experiment and I added to the 2.0.0.
For Android we will implement it soon.

Ok, thank you I am testing it.
Thanks for finally working on the application, for me it's too late i sold (semi reluctantly my vide since i prefer my synapse néo).

Some important remark :

- The app should start recording immediatly when asked, please don't wait for a GPS signal. The old application was the worst possible, it searched for a gps signal with a 3mn timeout, and once it failed or succeed it ask the user to click something.

- When the ride is stopped simply record and save it, don t ask for again1-2 click to confirm.

- Remember the bike you were paired too and auto connect to it. If the user has several bike he may have to click or change the default bike but this will be rare.

- Display again the bike power and the assistance level (from the pictures i saw this has been done).

Good luck and thanks for the work, for me it s too late but for others it is very welcome.

Thanks for finally working on the application, for me it's too late i sold (semi reluctantly my vide since i prefer my synapse néo).

Some important remark :

- The app should start recording immediatly when asked, please don't wait for a GPS signal. The old application was the worst possible, it searched for a gps signal with a 3mn timeout, and once it failed or succeed it ask the user to click something.

- When the ride is stopped simply record and save it, don t ask for again1-2 click to confirm.

- Remember the bike you were paired too and auto connect to it. If the user has several bike he may have to click or change the default bike but this will be rare.

- Display again the bike power and the assistance level (from the pictures i saw this has been done).

Good luck and thanks for the work, for me it s too late but for others it is very welcome.
Thank you for your feedback. Most of the things that you comment are now improved:
- Android app start the activity inmediatly without wait GPS signal
- The app autoconnect with the last bike that you used
- Now we show the assistance level and allow to the user to increase or decrease it using the app.

Thanks again and a i am sorry that you can not use our new app.
Enjoy your new bike!

Hello Javi
No doubt, the app has been greatly improved. We hope that this effort will continue for a long time for the benefit of all loyal users of the Mahle X35 and X20 system. Thank you very much.
Speaking of possible improvements to the app, I want to comment that during the two years that I have been using my Orbea Gain and from the analysis of the data collected during each and every one of my rides, I have come to the conclusion of a pattern of use of the levels of assistance depending on the slope of the land. In my case and for my configuration of the assistance levels (L1=75%, L2=60%,L3=59%), it results:
L0= negative slope up to 4%,
L1= from 4% to 6%
L2= from 6% to 9%
L3= from 9% onwards.
It would be very useful to have an option in which the change of assistance level is done automatically and that I can define the necessary parameters for my needs.
Well it's just an idea that needs to be refined.
Thanks again.

Hello Javi
No doubt, the app has been greatly improved. We hope that this effort will continue for a long time for the benefit of all loyal users of the Mahle X35 and X20 system. Thank you very much.
Speaking of possible improvements to the app, I want to comment that during the two years that I have been using my Orbea Gain and from the analysis of the data collected during each and every one of my rides, I have come to the conclusion of a pattern of use of the levels of assistance depending on the slope of the land. In my case and for my configuration of the assistance levels (L1=75%, L2=60%,L3=59%), it results:
L0= negative slope up to 4%,
L1= from 4% to 6%
L2= from 6% to 9%
L3= from 9% onwards.
It would be very useful to have an option in which the change of assistance level is done automatically and that I can define the necessary parameters for my needs.
Well it's just an idea that needs to be refined.
Thanks again.
Hello Antonio,

Thank you for your feedback. We are hiring people on the software team to continue adding more and more functionalities so the idea it is improve the app to be the best on the market ;)

About your idea, there is way to do it right now but you need a Heart Rate band. The "Auto HR" option on monitor (or on Settings), activate the automatically Level of your bike using your current bpm (beats per minute).
The idea it is that on Settings set a maximum bpm and the bike will increase the assitance level automatically trying to not pass that limit.
If you want to have more assistance you just need to decrease your maximum bpm.

Best Regards

Attachments

• A68088EE-11C2-433F-A6A3-316D152087B8.png
    A68088EE-11C2-433F-A6A3-316D152087B8.png
    560.5 KB · Views: 91
Hello Antonio,

Thank you for your feedback. We are hiring people on the software team to continue adding more and more functionalities so the idea it is improve the app to be the best on the market ;)

About your idea, there is way to do it right now but you need a Heart Rate band. The "Auto HR" option on monitor (or on Settings), activate the automatically Level of your bike using your current bpm (beats per minute).
The idea it is that on Settings set a maximum bpm and the bike will increase the assitance level automatically trying to not pass that limit.
If you want to have more assistance you just need to decrease your maximum bpm.

Best Regards
Yes, Javi, I know the application that you mention well. But the reason why I don't use it is because the HR variation in reality depends on many factors and not only the effort you are exerting at that moment, so the automatic change of assistance level based on HR can happen without you really need it. On the contrary, the functionality that I propose depends solely and exclusively on the slope of the terrain. In other words, the strength that isneeded to overcome that slope.
Best Regards

Yes, Javi, I know the application that you mention well. But the reason why I don't use it is because the HR variation in reality depends on many factors and not only the effort you are exerting at that moment, so the automatic change of assistance level based on HR can happen without you really need it. On the contrary, the functionality that I propose depends solely and exclusively on the slope of the terrain. In other words, the strength that isneeded to overcome that slope.
Best Regards
Oh, I see... that is very interesting and I have a conversation pending about this. Because the HR also works "late".
Use the slope it is the solution, the problem here is how to get the slope of the road. The GPS it is not very exact, so use the location to get the slope it is not a good idea. Other possibility is use the mobile sensor, but it will need a calibration (put the device on the handlebar and then on a flat road calibrate it as 0º). Also X20 have slope sensors.
In my opinion the calibration is the best solution for X35 and X20 but it will no work if you have your phone on a pocket or on backpack.
We have to think about it ;)

Best Regards

Oh, I see... that is very interesting and I have a conversation pending about this. Because the HR also works "late".
Use the slope it is the solution, the problem here is how to get the slope of the road. The GPS it is not very exact, so use the location to get the slope it is not a good idea. Other possibility is use the mobile sensor, but it will need a calibration (put the device on the handlebar and then on a flat road calibrate it as 0º). Also X20 have slope sensors.
In my opinion the calibration is the best solution for X35 and X20 but it will no work if you have your phone on a pocket or on backpack.
We have to think about it ;)

Best Regards
Hello Javi,
I personally like a GPS-based solution , since it is more independent of calibrations, independent of the position of the phone and is already being used in some way in the Mahle app. I understand that it is a question of precision, but like everything in life, that precision should be quantified. I have some measurements with different devices for a same route and I will try to compare results.
By the way, have you ever thought about incorporating a GPS into the PulsarOne?
Best Regards

Back