Your experiences with the new Mahle MySmartBike app (replacement for Ebikemotion)

You have to press the central red button below 2 times to start recording and go a certain distance.
Yes I agree you have to push start twice
But it’s been like this for a long time since the ebikemotion changed to MAHLE app over a year ago now
You will know it’s started to record as the time count starts but if you don’t move it auto pauses until you do

I wonder if someone can help. I’ve looked everywhere but can’t find what I want. My Garmin is giving me my power output figures in watts. Great! But how are these figures calculated? Are they the effort I’m putting in, the combined figure me and motor together and do the figures differ between when the motor is on and off? I have BMC bike and X20 system. Is there an explanation anywhere? And the SmartBike app doesn’t seem to have a power field when recording a ride.

Hi all .... First time poster ... JaviGPZ congrats on a fantastic app!

Small requirement request from me ...
Any chance when auto-synching with Strava - that you can tag as an eBike ride (as opposed to regular bike ride)?

Hi all .... First time poster ... JaviGPZ congrats on a fantastic app!

Small requirement request from me ...
Any chance when auto-synching with Strava - that you can tag as an eBike ride (as opposed to regular bike ride)?
I don‘t think you can auto sync. Strava default seems to be a road bike ride. For an e-bike ride you need to go into “Edit Activity” and then “Sport” (just above the map) and scroll down so you can nominate “e-bike ride”. But I don’t know the definitive answer to your question. This is how I deal with the issue.

I don‘t think you can auto sync. Strava default seems to be a road bike ride. For an e-bike ride you need to go into “Edit Activity” and then “Sport” (just above the map) and scroll down so you can nominate “e-bike ride”. But I don’t know the definitive answer to your question. This is how I deal with the issue.
Yeah I do same (after the auto-synch from the app happens)

Hello everyone,
For a long time I have used MySmartBike app on my Android phone to record data such the level of assistance, power, voltage, % remaining charge, .. and others.
Curiously since the launch of the new version of the app, it has been impossible for me to register said information.
The app connects to the bicycle, I press the button twice, the application indicates that the data recording has started, but at the end of the journey there is no recorded data. Just distance and speed. See attached photo.
I would appreciate any suggestion on how to solve this issue.

Attachments

• 2023-01-16 11_04_03-Window.png
    2023-01-16 11_04_03-Window.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 118
@JaviGPZ, I'm sure you're messing something with that app.

I recently got a new phone, Googl Pixel, Pro version. Original, pure Android, high reliability and GPS accuracy. And although I promised to give up the app, the devil did not give me peace. I had to try, one more time.

Tried it! Does not work.

Well, if it doesn't work on stock Android and Google's most advanced phone, then you're really messing something with the app, which you shouldn't. Otherwise, I don't see any reason why the app wouldn't work.

I'm really angry now. Sorry community.

si ami tambien me da error de conexion con el x20,cuando quiere conecta y cuando quiere no conecta,no se que hacen,es increible, en el x35 si funciona bien.

si ami tambien me da error de conexion con el x20,cuando quiere conecta y cuando quiere no conecta,no se que hacen,es increible, en el x35 si funciona bien.
@JaviGPZ, I'm sure you're messing something with that app.

I recently got a new phone, Googl Pixel, Pro version. Original, pure Android, high reliability and GPS accuracy. And although I promised to give up the app, the devil did not give me peace. I had to try, one more time.

Tried it! Does not work.

Well, if it doesn't work on stock Android and Google's most advanced phone, then you're really messing something with the app, which you shouldn't. Otherwise, I don't see any reason why the app wouldn't work.

I'm really angry now. Sorry community.

We are having issues on Android during the connection process. Sorry for that, we are working very hard on it.

My SmartBike versus PulsarOne - a new problem (engineX35)
It's like I've gone back half a year. - Greetings "JaviGPZ"
After a new update 07/02/2023 - (ver.2.0.4.) problems return!
Before this last update, PulsarOne Display worked together with the app My SamrtBike very well, I always had the app activated in my jersey pocket
and shifted gears using the PulsarOne Display on the handlebars, which is designed and purchased for this!!
NEW Mistake No.1:
I activate the application and store my mobile phone in my pocket (previously without a problem).
On the PulsarOne (on the handlebars), however, it is not possible to change the 0-1-2-3 assistance,
it is only possible on the mobile in the application. Whatever other level of assistance I put on the PulsarOne,
it still returns to the level that is set in the app in my pocket. Restarting the HMI Head Control Unit did not help.

This is the first of the problems I mention, the next one I will describe next.
Thank you for the solution.

For information:
PulsarOne = new battery, new app uninstalled and reinstalled clean new ver. 2.0.4. (Mob. Android 10 version)
It was a mistake that I left automatic updates turned on and if you succeed fixed, I will disable other updates.
The mobile phone is in your pocket because it is too big and impractical for the handlebars.

Thank you ;)

The back button it is fixed. Was a branding color issue, was fixed on backend. About the other issues about the numbers cut we will work on it an release an update 👍
Thanks a lot for your help!
hi! I’m new to this forum, I have not be able to try the new app, but it seem to be very good, I live in Canada and it is winter here so I’m eager to try it soon, one question is to know what is the Smart Assist for as it not implemented yet.

My SmartBike versus PulsarOne - a new problem (engineX35)
It's like I've gone back half a year. - Greetings "JaviGPZ"
After a new update 07/02/2023 - (ver.2.0.4.) problems return!
Before this last update, PulsarOne Display worked together with the app My SamrtBike very well, I always had the app activated in my jersey pocket
and shifted gears using the PulsarOne Display on the handlebars, which is designed and purchased for this!!
NEW Mistake No.1:
I activate the application and store my mobile phone in my pocket (previously without a problem).
On the PulsarOne (on the handlebars), however, it is not possible to change the 0-1-2-3 assistance,
it is only possible on the mobile in the application. Whatever other level of assistance I put on the PulsarOne,
it still returns to the level that is set in the app in my pocket. Restarting the HMI Head Control Unit did not help.

This is the first of the problems I mention, the next one I will describe next.
Thank you for the solution.

For information:
PulsarOne = new battery, new app uninstalled and reinstalled clean new ver. 2.0.4. (Mob. Android 10 version)
It was a mistake that I left automatic updates turned on and if you succeed fixed, I will disable other updates.
The mobile phone is in your pocket because it is too big and impractical for the handlebars.

Hello Veteran,
PulsarOne and the app work using different protocol and should not interact between them.
Do you have a Heart Rate band? There is an option called "Auto HR" on the mobile apps that change automatically the assist level using your Heart Rate.
Do you have the same issue on the Pulsar One if you do not use the mobile app?

Best regards
Javier

hi! I’m new to this forum, I have not be able to try the new app, but it seem to be very good, I live in Canada and it is winter here so I’m eager to try it soon, one question is to know what is the Smart Assist for as it not implemented yet.
Hello sergag1957,
Thank you, i hope you like it once you start to using it :D
If you use a Heart Rate band and connect it to our app you can activate "Auto HR" that will increase or decrease the Assist level using your Heart Rate.
You have to configure you "Maximum beats" on Settings -> Pulsometer. Then the app calculate the best assist level trying to never arrive to your "Maximum beats".
You can decrease your "Maximum beats" to start the assist early (my maximum beats is 180ppm but I set it as 150 to receive assist early).

The band that you need is a band with Bluetooth (usually are dual bands with Bluetooth and Ant+) and you need to connect it on the app. Is easy, on the Monitor screen on the last position you can connect the band with Bluetooth.

Best regards
Javier

Attachments

• IMG_7438.PNG
    IMG_7438.PNG
    397.3 KB · Views: 93
Hello Veteran,
PulsarOne and the app work using different protocol and should not interact between them.
Do you have a Heart Rate band? There is an option called "Auto HR" on the mobile apps that change automatically the assist level using your Heart Rate.
Do you have the same issue on the Pulsar One if you do not use the mobile app?

Best regards
Javier

Veteran responds to Javier:
Yes, according to the new members of the forum and according to me, the application is good, I do not deny it either.
Today I tested the app again along with PulsarOne and I was surprised, everything worked fine as before, as if the application was consolidating (she came to her senses).
I attach an interesting print screen that the app showed me yesterday when I had problems with the app. Today no problems.
I will try the "Auto HR" you described on my next drive. I would also like to know if it works and how are manifested "Alerts and notifications".

Attachments

• what is it.jpg
    what is it.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 100
Hello Antonio,

If we use GPS you will calculate the slope based on the height of previous GPS location compared to the current one.
The value is in meters but looks like it have decimal values... I will modify an app to get a position every second to check the precision luckily this weekend will not rain an can make some tests :D
The biggest problem that i see is the GPS chips and antenas that use every phone. On iOS we can asume that have good quality but some cheap Android devices could have cheap chips with low quality.

Best regards
Hello Javi,
I know that you are very busy improving and fine-tuning the Mahle application, but I just want to know if there is any progress with this idea or if it will not be considered at all.
Best regards

@Veteran looks like you connected your bike with not good internet connection. Because of that the image was not loaded. Try again near your Wifi
Hello Javi,
I know that you are very busy improving and fine-tuning the Mahle application, but I just want to know if there is any progress with this idea or if it will not be considered at all.
Best regards
Hello Antonio,
Yes! I was working on it to know if it is possible. Will take a few months because we have many things in progress but we will have it.
The bad thing it is that will work only on X20 and newer engines.
Best regards

@Veteran looks like you connected your bike with not good internet connection. Because of that the image was not loaded. Try again near your Wifi

Hello Antonio,
Yes! I was working on it to know if it is possible. Will take a few months because we have many things in progress but we will have it.
The bad thing it is that will work only on X20 and newer engines.
Best regards
The veteran thanks Javier from the Czech Republic for his reactions to cyclists:
I only have internet at home and not on the road.
My Polar watch records the entire route and doesn't need an internet connection.
At home, I download everything to the PC and I have been able to do it so far with My Smartbike, which I consider unique the app.
Since I have an X35, I preferred to disable updates, if you are already focusing on the X20, I do not need anything more - all I need is track recording and % climb.

Back