Your experiences with the new Mahle MySmartBike app (replacement for Ebikemotion)

Thanks for keeping us all informed JaviGPZ. The local bike shop guys are quite envious - “You talk to someone at Mahle? And they REPLY? Wow, they never reply to us. We’re just their dealer….”
😂
Our customer care team is working on answer all the questions. Sometimes if the question need to scale to developers or other teams take some time.
Thank you Javier thanks for getting back to me MAHLE just got back to me saying the same
As for the question from Antonio
I believe the update firmware on the x35 was just for the battery
But don’t know the details
The problem here is you have to go back to the dealer
I did not bother as my bike is running well
On X35 the only thing that can be updated is the battery. But on X20 there are many ECUs involved and each ECU need it's firmware.
On X20 you should have an "Active Charger" a little bit bigger than the X35 charger. It have technology to update your ebike. Once the firmware is ready we will advice you through the app with a message and a link with the information about how to make that firmware update. Anyway also I will write here once it is ready.

😂
Our customer care team is working on answer all the questions. Sometimes if the question need to scale to developers or other teams take some time.

On X35 the only thing that can be updated is the battery. But on X20 there are many ECUs involved and each ECU need it's firmware.
On X20 you should have an "Active Charger" a little bit bigger than the X35 charger. It have technology to update your ebike. Once the firmware is ready we will advice you through the app with a message and a link with the information about how to make that firmware update. Anyway also I will write here once it is ready.
I have updated firmware on my Scott addict eride x20 when I got it last week I love this facility

Hello everyone,
Looking at the Mahle page, I see that there is a recent update to the X35 system firmware. Unfortunately there is no information about what is achieved with this update, so I would like to know if anyone has any experience with it and if you can share your experience and knowledge. Why is necesary to update the firmware ? Thank you very much.
Antonio
Hello,

I am sorry but I am not sure why is the reason of that update.
But I recommend you to update it. Always that a firmware update is releases use to be because fix something.

Best regards
Javier

Hello,

I am sorry but I am not sure why is the reason of that update.
But I recommend you to update it. Always that a firmware update is releases use to be because fix something.

Best regards
Javier
Thanks Javi for your comment. Agree with you that the Ebike must be updated with last firmware but considering that in my country there is not Orbea support center, I need to buy the device interface to do the upload by myseft. I'm not sure if this expense would be reasonable. I have been using my Orbea D50 for about a year without any problem neither firmware update, but if with this new firmware I would achieve a considerable improvement in the operation of the system, I could make the expense in the interface to load the update. Is there a way to or website to get a little more detailed info about firmware update?
Best Regards

Thanks Javi for your comment. Agree with you that the Ebike must be updated with last firmware but considering that in my country there is not Orbea support center, I need to buy the device interface to do the upload by myseft. I'm not sure if this expense would be reasonable. I have been using my Orbea D50 for about a year without any problem neither firmware update, but if with this new firmware I would achieve a considerable improvement in the operation of the system, I could make the expense in the interface to load the update. Is there a way to or website to get a little more detailed info about firmware update?
Best Regards
You are welcome.
Where are you from? Maybe our department of customer care could provide you a solution (other Dealer that could update your bike or something similar)

Best Regards

You are welcome.
Where are you from? Maybe our department of customer care could provide you a solution (other Dealer that could update your bike or something similar)

Best Regards
I live in Costa Rica and my bike was bought in USA. It is an ORBEA Gain D50 year 2021.
Best Regards,

Antonio Alfaro I feel that I must at least make you aware that the local dealer that I made a tongue in cheek remark to Javi about is actually awaiting a response from Mahle regarding a dead off x35 system following an update the firmware on….an Orbea.

Antonio Alfaro I feel that I must at least make you aware that the local dealer that I made a tongue in cheek remark to Javi about is actually awaiting a response from Mahle regarding a dead off x35 system following an update the firmware on….an Orbea.
I can't believe it. Are you kidding? That is my big concern. And as my grandfather used to say: "what is working, you better not touch it"
Tnaks a lot for your feedback
Best regards
Antonio

I’ll ring my dealer tomorrow to make sure I am not misleading you. it was a remark made during a general conversation about manufacturers and their dealer support so I may have misheard.

Hello,

I just want to let you know that we released yesterday the My Smatbike 2.0.0:
- New UI design experience
- Included navigation data page for riding
- Dedicate view to see the Power Output information for better performance management
- Included Auto Brightness (On the Settings section of the app you can Activate an "Auto brightness" that decrease the brightness automatically in order to save battery)
- Many bug fixing.

@Veteran we make many fixes about connection with the bike. Let me know if it fix your issues about connect your bike for a second ride. Anyway we still working on it because on Monday I was making some hard tests and I detected some issues about background reconnections.
@ikell about the motor maps on X20. The app it is ready to support X20 motor maps, right now once the firmware is released you will be allowed to update your bike and start using thar funcionallity
@Dave the panda the issue about not show Battery information is fixed. Was an issue that appear since iOS16, sorry I did not update my device and I did not detect until I did.

Thanks all of you for your help and patience.
Best Regards
Javier

A big thank you Javier for keeping us updated. Will give it a try very soon.
Thank you Javier for the update
I will update and let you know how it is working
A big thank you Javier for keeping us updated. Will give it a try very soon.
I echo ikell thanks for the update
Once firmware released I will update and let you know how things are going
I have ridden now for 320 miles
So getting a feel for the new system
One request is that on the old ebike motion app we had voice feedback
With distance, speed, assistant level battery status etc
Would like this facilty back
This was excellent on my Bluetooth headphones especially in the dark
As I cannot see the pulsa one display I keep my phone in my jacket

One more thing. On Android we recovered old activities lost time ago :)
Hi Javier just going for a ride now
First connection
Error 32 still there I assume firmware issue
Also when you go to bike status page engineering page etc cannot return to home page or go back a page you have to close app and reopen

Hi Javier just going for a ride now
First connection
Error 32 still there I assume firmware issue
Also when you go to bike status page engineering page etc cannot return to home page or go back a page you have to close app and reopen
Hi Dave,
Maybe it is not easy to tap on that button, probably we should make bigger the tapping area.
But it should works if you tap there. Please let me know if it is completely impossible to go back and let me know the iPhone and iOS version that you are using.
Yes the Error 32 is a Firmware issue, sorry.

Thanks in advance
Javier

Hi Dave,
Maybe it is not easy to tap on that button, probably we should make bigger the tapping area.
But it should works if you tap there. Please let me know if it is completely impossible to go back and let me know the iPhone and iOS version that you are using.
Yes the Error 32 is a Firmware issue, sorry.

Thanks in advance
Javier
No visible back button to push
iOS 16.1.1 this is the latest OS

D3793C92-240C-4075-9368-EDBB1887256E.png

Attachments

• 07B8E41D-8209-4DE6-9183-7A1DC07E0CBD.png
    07B8E41D-8209-4DE6-9183-7A1DC07E0CBD.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 126
Back