X7 discussion

Well Lectric fits the lesser component quality better price and CS profile I described above. Sondors sells a comparable bike component wise for more $. Neither brand offer the Regen capability of the Eahora X7+. The Rattan Fat Bear Plus is a near carbon copy of the X7 plus and it was reviewed here and compared to a Lectric XP. Although I am a big ebike fan, I am not a brand loyal type of person unless I see really exceptional customer service. The bar is set very low with ebikes and bikes in general outside of some very expensive speciality brands.

All of this is just IMHO and you know what they say about opinions ... ;-)

Lectric (US-based, fluent English) hands down has better customer service, better communication and a very active community. You're not just buying the ebike but everything that comes with it. Eahora is not for the faint of heart, many unknowns have yet to be answered.

Eahora responded to my question about the rear rack's max load capacity:

Hi,

The max load capacity of this rear rack is about 130lbs.

And the max capacity for the whole bike is about 350lbs.

Eahora Service

Glad you like your Lectric. They were a little small for me and I wanted better components e.g brakes, motor, drive train etc. That Lectric Fat Bear comparison by a Lectric owner was also influential for me. I have 1125.4 miles on the Eahora X7plus and those were compiled in the last 3 months so I've put it through it's paces. The back tire is now a slick yet the front has plenty of tread. Probably all the weight being on the back tire but I hate replacing one so I've continued to ride it. I've got 4 replacements so time to change the tire. All the bike shops are slammed so I can't even off load that simple responsibility ...

I remember that brief comparison between the Rattan and the Lectric, it was informative. I'm also not an ebike brand loyalist and willing to test uncharted waters with a new brand if I think the value is there. The X7+ definitely caught my eye, I had never heard about Eahora before.

Cool, were nearly at the same mileage with our ebikes! My tires are also wearing down but I don't know if I should stick with knobby tires or go more slick street style like the Kenda Kraze.

My go-to bike shop is also slammed so I've done a lot of my own work. I've gotten a flat and I've changed my stock 7 speed freewheel. Its been fun getting my hands dirty.

I remember that brief comparison between the Rattan and the Lectric, it was informative. I'm also not an ebike brand loyalist and willing to test uncharted waters with a new brand if I think the value is there. The X7+ definitely caught my eye, I had never heard about Eahora before.

Cool, were nearly at the same mileage with our ebikes! My tires are also wearing down but I don't know if I should stick with knobby tires or go more slick street style like the Kenda Kraze.

My go-to bike shop is also slammed so I've done a lot of my own work. I've gotten a flat and I've changed my stock 7 speed freewheel. Its been fun getting my hands dirty.

Rattan is selling two different 4 inch city tires.

Attachments

• Accessories_-_Rattan_-_2020-06-01_12.09.42.png
    Accessories_-_Rattan_-_2020-06-01_12.09.42.png
    601.9 KB · Views: 244
Just bought the X7 plus. I didn't want to wait all summer to enjoy the bike and it checked most of the boxes. I'll buy a cheap bike stand so I can work on it myself if issue comes up.

Rattan is selling two different 4 inch city tires.

I would be careful about buying those from Rattan unless they are shipped with an ebike order. In either case, you will be waiting a while and the prices are not great.

I got 2 of the Rad 4" X 20" (street type) and 2 Specialized 4" X20" nobbies. They were approx $40 each.

Probably going to use the Rads first for light/trail road riding this summer and it will be interesting to see how much quieter and the tread life delta vs the stock CST BFT's.

Does anyone know what the Cruise Control function does and how it operates? Is it only used where the Throttle is on a Thumb Switch (like the X7 Plus) instead of a Twist Grip (like the X7 Standard)?

All I see is "Keep a speed for 8s under ELECTRIC MODE to turn on the CRUISE CONTROL function, FREE your fingers!"

Does the Throttle otherwise require you to hold it in place in order to go fully electric, and Cruise Control allows you to keep going without holding down the Throttle?

Last edited:
Yes,

Fraid so, it's an oft used trick to market a 500W motor as capable of up to 750W so let's just call it a 750.
Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more ...

Yes, the stated power for the 7X Plus is now 600 Watts (a 20% increase over the Pro) but the 750W is only "peak power".

Does anyone know what the Cruise Control function does and how it operates? Is it only used where the Throttle is on a Thumb Switch (like the X7 Plus) instead of a Twist Grip (like the X7 Standard)?

All I see is "Keep a speed for 8s under ELECTRIC MODE to turn on the CRUISE CONTROL function, FREE your fingers!"

Does the Throttle otherwise require you to hold it in place in order to go fully electric, and Cruise Control allows you to keep going without holding down the Throttle?
No idea and I just got my bike in the last batch. i think they switched the description on me and are only offering it in the coming batch. You need a special controller for the feature. I complained about some shipping damages and they offered to send out the newer controller for me. Waiting on that.

No idea and I just got my bike in the last batch. i think they switched the description on me and are only offering it in the coming batch. You need a special controller for the feature. I complained about some shipping damages and they offered to send out the newer controller for me. Waiting on that.
Do you need to hold down the throttle to keep it going in all e-mode or does it just keep going where you set it?

I saw a response from eAhora in Amazon that a rear light can be added to an X7 bike. Any idea how this would be done and if you can do it yourself? Is it even worth it since you can add a battery operated one for under $20?

Last edited:
Here's something interesting I found in the PDF manual, it states:

Current limit value setting (optional)

CUR stands for current limit. The current limit can be set in the range of 7.0-25.0A. Press the UP / DOWN button to change the maximum current value of the controller. Press and hold the ‘i’ key to confirm and return to the setting item selection interface of the display. The display's factory default is 15.0A.

If I'm understanding this correctly then the default 15A setting will allow a peak output of 720W (48V x 15A), while the max 25A setting will allow up to 1200W (48V x 25A).

Has anyone played around with these settings?

Last edited:
X7 Plus back on Amazon, but costs $200 more with tax. It shows the older black and white LCD not the newer one shown on www.eahoraebike.com, and includes a bell!! Delivery - Tuesday, June 16 - Wednesday, June 24

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08936KVD4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A15HGX6EQMKP0J&psc=1
I got the bell with mine in the last batch
Do you need to hold down the throttle to keep it going in all e-mode or does it just keep going where you set it?
You have to hold - it's spring action return

Here's something I found interesting in the PDF manual, it states:

Current limit value setting (optional)

CUR stands for current limit. The current limit can be set in the range of 7.0-25.0A. Press the UP / DOWN button to change the maximum current value of the controller. Press and hold the ‘i’ key to confirm and return to the setting item selection interface of the display. The display's factory default is 15.0A.

If I'm understanding this correctly then the default 15A setting will allow a peak output of 720W (48V x 15A), while the max 25A setting will allow up to 1200W (48V x 25A).

Has anyone played around with these settings?
So it has a 25a controller and max 1200w?

Back