X7 discussion

Here's something interesting I found in the PDF manual, it states:

Current limit value setting (optional)

CUR stands for current limit. The current limit can be set in the range of 7.0-25.0A. Press the UP / DOWN button to change the maximum current value of the controller. Press and hold the ‘i’ key to confirm and return to the setting item selection interface of the display. The display's factory default is 15.0A.

If I'm understanding this correctly then the default 15A setting will allow a peak output of 720W (48V x 15A), while the max 25A setting will allow up to 1200W (48V x 25A).

Has anyone played around with these settings?

What manual do you have? My X7 plus is very old, I've had it for more than 3 months so I'm completely out of step with the current models and documentation. Things like Cruise Control and 750 W motors were but a dream back in the day ...

Here's something interesting I found in the PDF manual, it states:

Current limit value setting (optional)

CUR stands for current limit. The current limit can be set in the range of 7.0-25.0A. Press the UP / DOWN button to change the maximum current value of the controller. Press and hold the ‘i’ key to confirm and return to the setting item selection interface of the display. The display's factory default is 15.0A.

If I'm understanding this correctly then the default 15A setting will allow a peak output of 720W (48V x 15A), while the max 25A setting will allow up to 1200W (48V x 25A).

Has anyone played around with these settings?

The Manual Notes this caveat, of course.

Ensure you do not change Personalization settings. Changing Personalization settings may cause your bike to stop working properly. If you need the default settings for the advanced settings menu, please contact Eahora.

What manual do you have? My X7 plus is very old, I've had it for more than 3 months so I'm completely out of step with the current models and documentation. Things like Cruise Control and 750 W motors were but a dream back in the day ...

It's on their website, click on the pre-order drop-down and at the bottom in orange it says download display manual:

Screenshot_20200601-194433.png

What tools do you need to assemble the X7? I see a fixed wrench and an Allen wrench in the assembly video.

What sizes of each tool is needed? Are any of the tools needed supplied with the bike?

So it has a 25a controller and max 1200w?

Seems like it, here's a 1 kw motor that could be a possible upgrade.

#Aliexpress US $240.29 27%OFF | 4.0 Fatbike Motor 48V 1000W Brushless Hub Motor Both Suit V brake Disc brake Waterproof Wire High Speed Rear E-bike Motor Wheel

Last edited:
Seems like it, here's a 1 kw motor that could be a possible upgrade.

#Aliexpress US $240.29 27%OFF | 4.0 Fatbike Motor 48V 1000W Brushless Hub Motor Both Suit V brake Disc brake Waterproof Wire High Speed Rear E-bike Motor Wheel
They don't list max torque. Think it is 90 Nm?

I saw a response from eAhora in Amazon that a rear light can be added to an X7 bike. Any idea how this would be done and if you can do it yourself? Is it worth it since you can add a battery operated one for under $20.
I bet it can split off the existing headlight connection in some way

If the headlight uses a 2-pin/2-wire connector you can use something like this Y-splitter.

View attachment 54164

It does, but right near the light. Might be a longish run to the rear, but your idea would be the least intrusive mod. Haven't dug in to noticing but maybe another plug connection somewhere.

Hey all. After a week with my x-7 plus, I can report it's pretty solid. It shipped with a flat tire (there was a hole in the front tube!!), and no plastic seat post shim, but I was able to fix both of issues with minor difficulty. (no response from Eahora customer service unfortunately). I get the feeling if something is wrong you are on your own.

My bike also didnt shift properly out of the box but I was able to adjust the derailleur with this website: https://prevelobikes.com/pages/altus-derailleur-adjustment

Now I can shift through all gears. For the price point its definitely a steal, especially if you are into servicing your own bike - or learning how, like me.

If anyone takes a stab at upgrading their motor to an 1000w I would love to hear the results. A little more torque would be all this thing needs.

Hey guys, one other thing that is slightly concerning... has anyone removed their rear tire? Just saw this review on Amazon:

"After only a few rides I decided to remove the rear nut to put a receiver for a cargo trailer on the bike. Nut spun freely, meaning either the nut or axle was stripped during assembly at factory. Immediately contacted Eahora. Customer service told me that the wheels aren't meant to be removed by anyone other than a bike mechanic. Funny-- I was once a bike mechanic, not that you have to be to remember 'lefty loosey'.

After verifying that the problem existed with the bike upon arrival and not due to misuse on my part, nothing but radio silence. In short, once the bike has its first flat I won't be able to remove the rear wheel. If you own any Eahora bikes check your nuts to see if this affects you. Everything else about the bike has been wonderful, but as customer service first tried blaming me, then avoidance, and then just ignoring me, I'm convinced I've been scammed.

However, I do have a solution. One which involves a dremel and probably an hour of careful cutting:(

I'll be reposting this review everywhere that will host it, and a youtube review will follow soon. Feel free to share if you've had a similar experience. "

Hey guys, one other thing that is slightly concerning... has anyone removed their rear tire? Just saw this review on Amazon:

"After only a few rides I decided to remove the rear nut to put a receiver for a cargo trailer on the bike. Nut spun freely, meaning either the nut or axle was stripped during assembly at factory. Immediately contacted Eahora. Customer service told me that the wheels aren't meant to be removed by anyone other than a bike mechanic. Funny-- I was once a bike mechanic, not that you have to be to remember 'lefty loosey'.

After verifying that the problem existed with the bike upon arrival and not due to misuse on my part, nothing but radio silence. In short, once the bike has its first flat I won't be able to remove the rear wheel. If you own any Eahora bikes check your nuts to see if this affects you. Everything else about the bike has been wonderful, but as customer service first tried blaming me, then avoidance, and then just ignoring me, I'm convinced I've been scammed.

However, I do have a solution. One which involves a dremel and probably an hour of careful cutting:(

I'll be reposting this review everywhere that will host it, and a youtube review will follow soon. Feel free to share if you've had a similar experience. "
I actually had a bike mechanic change the tires on mine and he said nothing about any problems like that. I also removed the rear nut to install a trailer hitch and it went fine with mine. He also had to mess with the derailleur to get it to work right. We did have an issue with the fender rubbing on the chain when in lowest gear. We notched a tiny gap in the fender. I also had about 4-5 random scratches in various spots.

Last edited:
What tools do you need to assemble the X7? I see a fixed wrench and an Allen wrench in the assembly video.

What sizes of each tool is needed? Are any of the tools needed supplied with the bike?
You'll need a phillips head screw driver for the fenders (and if I remember right, the rack) and they send two sizes of allen wrench for main assembly. IF you want to adjust anything on the handlebars, you will need smaller sized allen wrenches.

That really sucks,
Hey all. After a week with my x-7 plus, I can report it's pretty solid. It shipped with a flat tire (there was a hole in the front tube!!), and no plastic seat post shim, but I was able to fix both of issues with minor difficulty. (no response from Eahora customer service unfortunately). I get the feeling if something is wrong you are on your own.

My bike also didnt shift properly out of the box but I was able to adjust the derailleur with this website: https://prevelobikes.com/pages/altus-derailleur-adjustment

Now I can shift through all gears. For the price point its definitely a steal, especially if you are into servicing your own bike - or learning how, like me.

If anyone takes a stab at upgrading their motor to an 1000w I would love to hear the results. A little more torque would be all this thing needs.

Good to hear you got everything straightened out. It's unfortunate support has been poor on Eahora's part.

What capacity is your battery? 10.4Ah or 11.6Ah?

Did a rear flat repair and, took the rear tire off to work on the bent derailleur hanger and had no issues with the hub nut. Ordered a replacement hanger and will be removing both tires to replace the tires and, the add the new derailleur hanger. If the bike shops weren't slammed busy (I'm told two week turnaround), I'd be paying someone to do this stuff. Can't handel 2 weeks without the ebike.

Back