X7 discussion

Yeah, the regen and rear suspension were top selling points for me. I have to say the regen feature really is all that's its cracked up to be so far in my handful of rides to date. 12 miles and only one bar down using minimal pedal power so I can see how its working. You can clearly feel the recharge when coasting.

So the website says there is a back light too?

Package Included

• Bike
  • Battery and charger
  • Integrated front light and tail light
  • User Manual
  • Partly-assembled

I just got my Eahora X7 Plus fat tire Ebike and wanted to post my experience to give others looking to buy this bike some insight. The box says X7-8. The bike has 8 gears and a thumb throttle. Out of the box there are a some issues, but it seems that most are a result of the shipping process and insufficient packaging.

FedEx just dropped off my bike in the hallway of my apartment building without even notifying me it had arrived. Luckily I checked online to see if it had been delivered and it was only out there for about 30 minutes. As I walk up to the box I noticed that the top of the box was COMPLETELY open. I was so worried that parts had fallen out, but fortunately after assembling the bike i found everything was still there. The box had a few holes, most notably where the axle of the front tire was pressed up against the side of the box.

Upon initial inspection of the bike everything looked OK except that the back tire was completely flat. No big deal, but I note it to warn you to be careful when you inflate the tire. Make sure the tire and tube are properly placed before completely inflating it or the tire might slip off of the rim or pinch the tube.

Next I noticed (as others on this forum have also) that the guard to protect the derailleur was bent in and completely pressed against the derailleur to the point where the gears wouldn't shift. I bent the guard back and the bike shifts into every gear now, but it still needs to be tweaked a bit to make everything a bit more smooth.

The only thing I noticed that is actually broken is the little window on the gear shifter that indicates what gear you are in. The housing is cracked and the window is completely missing. Im not sure if I can just replace the little window or if I will have to buy a new shifter. It still functions perfectly fine, it is mainly a cosmetic issue.

Next we come to the brakes. The front brake works fine with a bit of squeal every once in a while. I can probably fix that with a bit of adjustments. The big issue is the rear brake. The brake lever is really squishy and loses its stopping power. I have never had hydraulic brakes before, so a quick check online suggested that I need to bleed the brakes. The process doesn't seem too complicated, but it can be messy, time consuming, and you have to buy the right tools/hydraulic fluid. Furthermore, different manufacturers have different procedures for bleeding the brakes and I haven't been able to find a tutorial on Logan hydraulic disc brakes. At least I know to use mineral oil because it says so on the brake lever. I'm debating whether I should do it myself or save the hassle and take it to a bike shop.

A few notes about the controller/computer. Going through the settings, I found the my tire settings were set way too high, so I bumped that down. It also took me a while to figure out that in order to reach top speed during pedal assist, you have to be on the highest level. I also had to go into the setting to turn on the walk power assist. I think you have to power cycle for the changes to take effect, i think.

My personal thoughts so far is that I like it. It is a beast of a machine that is a lot bigger and heavier than I had imagined. I'm 5'8" - 150 lbs, not a big dude, which is good and bad. The pedal assist and throttle are responsive and the bike is zippy. The bad is that the step-over is pretty high and might be hard to mount if you are much shorter than me. Lastly, I'm used to road bikes, so the more upright position is a bit odd to me, stressing slightly different muscles which will take a bit of getting used to.

I hope that helps if you are looking to get one. Happy riding!

Last edited:
I just got my Eahora X7 Plus fat tire Ebike and wanted to post my experience to give others looking to buy this bike some insight. The box says X7-8. The bike has 8 gears and a thumb throttle. Out of the box there are a some issues, but it seems that most are a result of the shipping process and insufficient packaging.

FedEx just dropped off my bike in the hallway of my apartment building without even notifying me it had arrived. Luckily I checked online to see if it had been delivered and it was only out there for about 30 minutes. As I walk up to the box I noticed that the top of the box was COMPLETELY open. I was so worried that parts had fallen out, but fortunately after assembling the bike i found everything was still there. The box had a few holes, most notably where the axle of the front tire was pressed up against the side of the box.

Upon initial inspection of the bike everything looked OK except that the back tire was completely flat. No big deal, but I note it to warn you to be careful when you inflate the tire. Make sure the tire and tube are properly placed before completely inflating it or the tire might slip off of the rim or pinch the tube.

Next I noticed (as others on this forum have also) that the guard to protect the derailleur was bent in and completely pressed against the derailleur to the point where the gears wouldn't shift. I bent the guard back and the bike shifts into every gear now, but it still needs to be tweaked a bit to make everything a bit more smooth.

The only thing I noticed that is actually broken is the little window on the gear shifter that indicates what gear you are in. The housing is cracked and the window is completely missing. Im not sure if I can just replace the little window or if I will have to buy a new shifter. It still functions perfectly fine, it is mainly a cosmetic issue.

Next we come to the brakes. The front brake works fine with a bit of squeal every once in a while. I can probably fix that with a bit of adjustments. The big issue is the rear brake. The brake lever is really squishy and loses its stopping power. I have never had hydraulic brakes before, so a quick check online suggested that I need to bleed the brakes. The process doesn't seem too complicated, but it can be messy, time consuming, and you have to buy the right tools/hydraulic fluid. Furthermore, different manufacturers have different procedures for bleeding the brakes and I haven't been able to find a tutorial on Logan hydraulic disc brakes. At least I know to use mineral oil because it says so on the brake lever. I'm debating whether I should do it myself or save the hassle and take it to a bike shop.

A few notes about the controller/computer. Going through the settings, I found the my tire settings were set way too high, so I bumped that down. It also took me a while to figure out that in order to reach top speed during pedal assist, you have to be on the highest level.

My personal thoughts so far is that I like it. It is a beast of a machine that is a lot bigger and heavier than I had imagined. I'm 5'8" - 150 lbs, not a big dude, which is good and bad. The pedal assist and throttle are responsive and the bike is zippy. The bad is that the step-over is pretty high and might be hard to mount if you are much shorter than me. Lastly, I'm used to road bikes, so the more upright position is a bit odd to me, stressing slightly different muscles which will take a bit of getting used to.

I hope that helps if you are looking to get one. Happy riding!

Thanks for the update. A few questions:

1. Can you provide the model number of the motor? Is it supposed to be the 500W or 750W?
2. Is the controller the one with the 5 bar power display (with black background) or the 10 bar power display (with white background)?
3. Is there a rear tail light or just a reflector?
4. Did you get the Electronic Lock and Cruise Control features? If so, how do they work?

Thanks in advance, just ordered mine today, in Red! I plan to call this my first Tesla. My next will be a Model Y, in 2022, also in Red.

Thanks for the update. A few questions:

1. Can you provide the model number of the motor? Is it supposed to be the 500W or 750W?
2. Is the controller the one with the 5 bar power display (with black background) or the 10 bar power display (with white background)?
3. Is there a rear tail light or just a reflector?
4. Did you get the Electronic Lock and Cruise Control features? If so, how do they work?

Thanks in advance, just ordered mine today, in Red! I plan to call this my first Tesla. My next will be a Model Y, in 2022, also in Red.
I think he just got his 1st edition X7+ like I have. I dont think the newer one is shipping yet???

Not bad at all, that looks like a great alternative for the money!

Personally, I am already invested in the battery form factor that fits my Lectric XP and the X7+ with two 14Ah batteries. To me it makes sense to stick with this type of battery for a few more years. That said I also want a full suspension and cruise control as I use it all the time on long distance rides (highly underrated). I think regen should be standard on all ebikes like on EVs. Lastly, I plan on wiring in a rear taillight on my X7+ so that's no biggie.

IMG_20200517_223621.jpg

IMG_20200517_223320.jpg

IMG_20200517_223542.jpg

IMG_20200517_223454.jpg

It sucks the marketing material is so confusing and contradictory when it comes to the specs of this bike. If we can research the motor part numbers we might be able to uncover what the manufacturer specs are including torque, wattage, etc.

Last edited:
So I reached out to Synergy Rides / Vintage Iron Cycles about purchasing their Synergy Kahuna fenders and rear rack with integrated taillight. I like them a lot and I think they look better than the Eahora ones on the X7+. The bike frame looks nearly identical to the X7+ so I assume they would attach without a problem. Only issue is that this company is based out of Vancouver Canada and I am in Chicago U.S. so they would have to charge me a 25% import duty tax on top of the cost and shipping for the kit. I'm not sure what the out-the-door cost would be but it may be something worth having in the future, maybe as a unique kit to stand out from the rest of the X7+'s.

thumbnail_IMG_2099.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2008.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2007.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2009.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2097.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2010.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2012.jpg

Last edited:
So I reached out to Synergy Rides / Vintage Iron Cycles about purchasing their Synergy Kahuna fenders and rear rack with integrated taillight. I like them a lot and I think they look better than the Eahora ones on the X7+. The bike frame looks nearly identical to the X7+ so I assume they would attach without a problem. Only issue is that this company is based out of Vancouver Canada and I am in Chicago so they would have to charge me a 25% import duty tax on top of the cost and shipping for the kit. I'm not sure what the out-the-door cost would be but it may be something worth having in the future, maybe as a unique kit to stand out from the rest of the X7+'s.

thumbnail_IMG_2099.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2008.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2007.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2009.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2097.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2010.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2012.jpg
Nice - it does look much better and also more robust. Although with that angle, it probably still can only handle so much weight. Still a great look and larger rack. You thinking total price around $200? IF someone is a source for these, you'd think availability at some point here in the US too.

I'm in process to customize a front wheel rack. Will likely have to go with some pipe style clamp mounts on the forks since there really isnt much room or a straight shot to mount on the axle. Free return thru amazon, so I got nothing to lose to try. Would match this one nicely.

41UnP1A0VcL._AC_.jpg

I like the diameter of the tubing and the length of the rack. The included light with plate attachment is nice and the coverage size of the fenders look good. I think with enough demand there'd be a business case for this.

Unfortunately the fenders and rack are attached to unsprung weight (the wheels). The more unsprung weight we carry the more likely to reduce the tires' grip. This is something to keep in mind and for safety's sake.

A front rack would be cool too, more practical. Let us know how that turns out.

I did a little handlebar upgrade. Damn online seller sent me chrome instead of black but I think I like it better now. Matches the forks as a highlight. It's a flat bar with a good curve. Hated the stock handlebars. Didn't seem like the components fit very well at all. This is much better and also gave me room for my phone mount, temp bike light until I upgrade the weak stock light and plenty of space to hang a handlebar basket or something else. And for me, this sits better. No need for anything that rises since it extends up plenty.

Also a pic of the cargo bag they sent me. It nicer than what I thought itd be in the pics. Zippered expanding sides make it hold alot of stuff, like a small grocery run.

IMG_20200606_125009.jpg
IMG_20200606_125156.jpg
IMG_20200606_125206.jpg
IMG_20200606_125223.jpg

I did a little handlebar upgrade. Damn online seller sent me chrome instead of black but I think I like it better now. Matches the forks as a highlight. It's a flat bar with a good curve. Hated the stock handlebars. Didn't seem like the components fit very well at all. This is much better and also gave me room for my phone mount, temp bike light until I upgrade the weak stock light and plenty of space to hang a handlebar basket or something else. And for me, this sits better. No need for anything that rises since it extends up plenty.

Also a pic of the cargo bag they sent me. It nicer than what I thought itd be in the pics. Zippered expanding sides make it hold alot of stuff, like a small grocery run.

love the look of that chrome, where’d you get that handlebar?

Has anyone tried the Eahora Frame Bag (shown below)? It seems like a handy place for a tire repair kit and I like the way it holds a smart phone and let’s you use it through a rain protector. Wonder how it fits on the X7 or if it gets in the way somehow.

AA5A9954-1D77-4C87-A294-8978292C3BDE.jpeg 06ADEA1B-CF24-449C-8B2F-3100ECFAF85E.jpeg AFD8B0D1-8355-4A33-90DF-08A8F216DF4B.jpeg 9CF9C471-A509-495F-A9FC-8FC79BF4F5A1.jpeg

Last edited:
has anyone tried installing one of these on your bikes? just wondering how accessible that controller is to plug in the new battery or if the connectors are standard and not proprietary. in the picture that’s a 48v 21ah battery.
4596BA1A-4EB0-4A6E-9ED1-B1A531CAB358.jpeg

Hi All! I was just approved to post and reply so just wanted to intro myself. I hail from New York City and we are slowly getting back to life after Rona and Riots! We lifted our curfew this morning so things are even more hopeful IMHO. During this Q&R time I was doing some deep and educational research into ebikes and also decided best bang for buck was eAhora X7 Plus. However, I ran into a small ordering problem with Amazon. They (Amazon) kept changing delivery dates and prices and I inadvertently placed an order for 2 X7 Pros but posed questions to eAhora through Amazon and waited 48hrs for a reply. I asked about an additional battery and changing to color LCD displays. I was contacted by eAhora and was informed that Amazon does not have the latest information or models they carry and they advised me (on Amazon’s reply system! Ballsy! LoL) to contact them directly through their website and also told me to cancel the Amazon order for the X7 Pros and get the X7 Plus! I was a little skeptical but the pricing plus free shipping and handling via FedEx seduced me so of course I went to their site! I was in constant contact with Kiki and Nick at eAhora and eventually opted for the X7 Plus. I ordered 2 (Green and Black) X7 Plus with updated color LCD screens. They advised that I should keep the batteries shipped with the bikes and only if I have problems to contact them. Additional batteries at this time not necessary (their words). I ordered in time for the June 8th shipment and I have read every post here. Thank you for the great advice and suggestions. My biggest worry is what condition I will receive the bikes. I am nervous about bent broken and missing parts. Looks like China sales and service is just getting back to full swing but with the USA phased return delays you never know what to expect. Also getting responses for eAhora will be challenging which I am Not looking forward to - Ugh. Anywho! My intention is to report and update here from delivery to assembly to active user all my experiences and look to you professionals for HELP! I am completely new to ebikes and I ain‘t no spring chicken Wagu beef or Cornish hen - so study up guys! I‘m gonna need a community to help out here! Have a Great Day ALL! Cheers!

So what is the color display you purchased? Is there a photo you could share? Is it the one with the black background and 5 bar power indicator shown on the website? Does it have any special features over the standard display which I assume is the one with the 10 bar power indicator? Thanks.

Hi, so I have attached a pic of the color display from eAhora and according to the reps it is an upgraded version but I am not sure all of its capabilities. The power indicator is a percentage type not the 10 bar kind. We will see when it arrives. Thanx!
04372797-5897-4883-807F-24BE6DB8D1B1.jpeg

Hi, so I have attached a pic of the color display from eAhora and according to the reps it is an upgraded version but I am not sure all of its capabilities. The power indicator is a percentage type not the 10 bar kind. We will see when it arrives. Thanx! View attachment 54765

Great. Where did the picture come from? I haven’t seen it on their website. How much extra was it? Will it come on the bike or will the bike ship with the standard controller and the upgrade shipped separately? Thanks.

Last edited:
It's called the Dimension Arc bar 27 degree bend. I got it from bicycle warehouse but you can search for it from a few different places.
Re your Handlebar replacement
Hi! I'm a noob here from NYC and just placed order for X7 Plus for the post-June 8th 750W version. From your experience, did the handle bar replacement affect folding? When folded is it less compact than with stock handlebars? Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond and for sharing your experience!

Back