X7 discussion

I don’t think it’s possible with the older displays. You might be able to tweak a few settings for a bit more speed. But the controller is what’s limiting the current. And I don’t think you can remove that limit on the controller unless you upgrade the controller.
Yes you can. Go to Cur in the 2nd set of Settings and you can change it. I'd set mine to 18A but you can go even higher. The max. is 20A for this controller. My default was 15A before. It makes a lot of difference. The speed can be set to max 50 km/h.

Very interesting. How do I get to this second set of settings ? I am assuming you mean controller setting number P14 ? If not could you give me the setting numbers ? I am a newbie at this stuff. and I assume by heighting the amps my battery will die quicker yes?

Last edited:
Very interesting. How do I get to this second set of settings ? I am assuming you mean controller setting number P14 ? If not could you give me the setting numbers ? I am a newbie at this stuff. and I assume by heighting the amps my battery will die quicker yes?
Do you have the M5 display or the Yolin? Here is the Yolin manual.

Attachments

• YL80C_Manual (XC100 display).pdf
    630.8 KB · Views: 736
Yes you can. Go to Cur in the 2nd set of Settings and you can change it. I'd set mine to 18A but you can go even higher. The max. is 20A for this controller. My default was 15A before. It makes a lot of difference. The speed can be set to max 50 km/h.
Which display? M5 or Yolin? I was able to change those settings on the KD718 display but not the M5

Ok, Ahora X7 Plus bike came today at 3pm. Unfortunately, I see no way to post photos here. The shipping box was pretty beat up. So much so that the front wheel axle nut was sticking out of the box. Both ends of the box had taken hits and one end was partially opened. I took many photos (including one of the Fedex driver) in anticipation of damage to the bike. There was a lot of swearing but as they say ... I gotter done. :)

Once opened it didn't look as bad inside. I removed the front wheel and then the rest of the bike. The website says 100% assembled ... umm try 80%. So I started the final assembly of this bike. The manual was pretty much useless as were the installation video referenced in the documentation. So I just decided to wing it.

The rear shock was not attached at both ends making the bike very floppy to handle. I did that first and then wanted to get the front wheel on. If your doing this please heed this advice. Install the disk brake on the fork before fitting the front wheel. Keep the mounting bolts for the brake caliper slightly loose and then once the wheel is installed, apply (eg grip) the front brakes while tightening the brake caliper bolts. That will properly adjust the front brakes.

Installing the handle bars is also a bit tricky getting the head geometry right and the Installation videos do cover that somewhat although that video is for the standard model and I have the Plus so some differences.

The biggest problem was the derailleur guard. I had read on other forums that this "guard" could be bent and mine was. So much so that it pushed the derailleur into the wheel hub and gears. I decided to remove the guard (it is held on by the rear wheel nut) and deal with straightening it later. I had to "gently" bend the derailleur back into a normal position. Shifting was perfect when I took the bike for a 9 mile trial ride just before sunset.

I loved the ride even though I forgot to unlock the front forks. Even got off pavement on some light trails. The bike handled great and I got to 24-25 mph on the flat with just throttle (I'm 6'5" 210 lbs). When I was pedaling, it was easy to get it to 30 mph and a bit more down a slight grade with Pedal Assist.

Some challenges but overall, a good start to ebike ownership for me.
RMK, I ordered the same bike as you. Have you had any problems with the power cutting off while you're riding with pedal assist? On mine the power keeps dropping out and then coming back on in pedal assist mode.

RMK, I ordered the same bike as you. Have you had any problems with the power cutting off while you're riding with pedal assist? On mine the power keeps dropping out and then coming back on in pedal assist mode.
Sounds like loose cable connections. I would go from the motor and move my way back checking every single connection. Then I would open it up where the controllers is and also check those connections. I have heard from about a half dozen people with the same issue and its always loose wiring.

Check out Eahora's latest addition to the folding mtb game, the X7!

What do you think of this bike? Checks off a lot of boxes for myself and love the colors.
The Only defect for me Is the PAS with Only 3 magnets!!!!
Few for a elecriti bike.... Now i understand the 10.4 ah battery ... Substimated for a 500w motor!!
Uphill its hard !!!
Someone have changed the pas disc? Thank u!

Are you saying it does not happen on throttle only riding? The only time I have motor cutout is when I hit a brake lever and of course, that's normal. Assuming that isn't the issue, it is probably an issue with the Motor cutoff cable.

BTW, I'm coming up on 2500 miles on the X7 with no problems. It is no longer my primary ride but it has been a great bike for the buck.

Has anyone noticed any performance differences when changing the # of levels? I heard that the more levels, the more top end speed. Any truth to that?
GD, FYI there are options in the settings menu to make the change you asked about in addition to many more. However there is also a warning in red letters not to change any of those settings! So the option is there but apparently you get into it at your own risk.
The Eahora Customer Service Dept has been very responsive to my many questions. It seems that most of the first batch are X7 Standard models and that surprises me. The Plus model is only $200 more and includes a brake upgrade (hydraulic vs mechanical), better drive (derailleur, shifter) components and a front/rear suspension upgrade. That seems like a lot of useful upgrades for $200 ...
RMK How did you go about contacting customer service? I have tried numerous times and have not received any response whatsoever. Also FYI my pedal assist has gone from intermittent to not working at all.

Last edited:
Are you saying it does not happen on throttle only riding? The only time I have motor cutout is when I hit a brake lever and of course, that's normal. Assuming that isn't the issue, it is probably an issue with the Motor cutoff cable.

BTW, I'm coming up on 2500 miles on the X7 with no problems. It is no longer my primary ride but it has been a great bike for the buck.
It does not happen with throttle only. In fact that's the way I've been riding the bike using the throttle along with pedaling as my "manual" pedal assist. Very disappointing not to be able to use the pedal assist mode which is the way I am a custom to writing these ebikes.

It does not happen with throttle only. In fact that's the way I've been riding the bike using the throttle along with pedaling as my "manual" pedal assist. Very disappointing not to be able to use the pedal assist mode which is the way I am a custom to writing these ebikes.
You cannot use the throttle and pedal assist at the same time. Pedaling overrides the Throttle. If you are riding under throttle, and use the brakes the motor cuts out. It is the same with Pedal Assist. It is a safety feature, not a bug. That's the way it was designed to operate.

As to calling Eahora CS, I haven't done that since Feb. They got back to me quickly but it was related to delivery rather than any specific problem with the bike. As one of the early buyers, they promised me a bunch of free stuff that I didn't really want and it was never sent to me. I find most companies don't do CS correctly Eahora included.

Sounds like loose cable connections. I would go from the motor and move my way back checking every single connection. Then I would open it up where the controllers is and also check those connections. I have heard from about a half dozen people with the same issue and its always loose wiring.
RMK thanks for the feedback. I did open things up and didn't find any loose wiring. eahora is now saying it's probably a bad sensor. They are sending me out a new one.

Back