X7 discussion

DeiviJones

Check out Eahora's latest addition to the folding mtb game, the X7!

What do you think of this bike? Checks off a lot of boxes for myself and love the colors.

I ordered an X7 E-PAS that is scheduled for delivery by mid Feb (domestic shipping starts Feb 10th). I will post my comments and photos upon receipt and I'll do a review after a week or so of use. This bike will be going to my daughter after my order for the Rattan XL ebike arrives (also getting the Rattan X for my wife). Once the Rattan's arrive, I can do a compare review between these new fat tire folders.

Last edited:
I ordered an X7 E-PAS that is scheduled for delivery by mid Feb (shipped from Mumbai yesterday). I will post my comments and photos upon receipt and I'll do a review after a week or so of use. This bike will be going to my daughter after my order for the Rattan XL ebike arrives (also getting the Rattan X for my wife). Once the Rattan's arrive, I can do a compare review between these new fat tire folders.
Thats awesome that you got the x7 and the XL and X. I almost went with the XL myself but I missed the early bird pricing, so decide on the X7 plus. Looking forward to hearing what you think about them all!

Thats awesome that you got the x7 and the XL and X. I almost went with the XL myself but I missed the early bird pricing, so decide on the X7 plus. Looking forward to hearing what you think about them all!
Thanks, so you have the X7 E-PASS now? When did you order?

Thanks, so you have the X7 E-PASS now? When did you order?
No I wish. I should get it around the same time you will I think (mid-Feb). Ordered about a week ago. I've noticed the Eahora website as well as the amazon listings for the X5, and X7 have been getting updated, which is somewhat exciting while we wait haha.

Heard from Eahora today and was told the first shipment of X7's are here and should begin domestic shipping next week. If as I suspect their distribution center is in So Cal, I should have mine before the end of the week. :cool:

They sent an MP4 to show the bikes and colors available 45244. I got the army green ...

The Eahora Customer Service Dept has been very responsive to my many questions. It seems that most of the first batch are X7 Standard models and that surprises me. The Plus model is only $200 more and includes a brake upgrade (hydraulic vs mechanical), better drive (derailleur, shifter) components and a front/rear suspension upgrade. That seems like a lot of useful upgrades for $200 ...

Nice! Ya I heard back from them yesterday that mine should ship on Feb 10th with and the fenders rack would ship the same time but separate.
I know they only sell the standard on Amazon, so people might not even know about the plus version unless they visit their actual site or ask.
Plus version seems so worth it though for the hyrdaulic and 8 speed vs 7. Plus better all around components like you said. The thumb throttle vs twist is the only difference Im unsure about. Ive never used either and Im sure I’ll like/get used to the thumb. Im pretty excited, I got some tire liners and slime just to help with punctures too. My main route has a rough area with debris where Ive had punctures before. I wish they posted more vids of the X7’s in action.

Nice! Ya I heard back from them yesterday that mine should ship on Feb 10th with and the fenders rack would ship the same time but separate.
I know they only sell the standard on Amazon, so people might not even know about the plus version unless they visit their actual site or ask.
Plus version seems so worth it though for the hyrdaulic and 8 speed vs 7. Plus better all around components like you said. The thumb throttle vs twist is the only difference Im unsure about. Ive never used either and Im sure I’ll like/get used to the thumb. Im pretty excited, I got some tire liners and slime just to help with punctures too. My main route has a rough area with debris where Ive had punctures before. I wish they posted more vids of the X7’s in action.
Any link to the Fenders/Rack you mentioned?

BTW, I rented a Pedego Mt bike recently and it had a twist throttle. I think I will prefer the thumb throttle. For long rides, the Rattan Cruise Control feature will come in very handy (no pun intended ;-)

So I just asked through email if they offered any fenders and rack and in the attached pics are their responses. I asked them to include them with my order number. Not entirely sure the rack shown would work with the suspension. I asked them again for clarification. But either way, cheap and should do the job.
Thats good to know about the throttle, I hope the X7 has cruise control like Rattan, I wasnt able to confirm that or not.

Attachments

• 205C426F-BACD-4512-8DE6-87F63BE2CA00.png
    205C426F-BACD-4512-8DE6-87F63BE2CA00.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 712
  • 230D406B-9144-429A-B854-AC74FF17CC01.png
    230D406B-9144-429A-B854-AC74FF17CC01.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 631
  • FCA2AD50-CA96-4321-A177-3B2006C1553E.png
    FCA2AD50-CA96-4321-A177-3B2006C1553E.png
    332.3 KB · Views: 609
  • D6E34059-528C-4361-8420-D8FCB1B94650.png
    D6E34059-528C-4361-8420-D8FCB1B94650.png
    184.1 KB · Views: 613
It looks like theres at least some attachment points similar to the X5, so it actually should work as the hydraulic would be above all the rack attachments.

Attachments

• 3206BC08-8AD9-4DB8-9FE9-12C8E1B5AE43.png
    3206BC08-8AD9-4DB8-9FE9-12C8E1B5AE43.png
    794 KB · Views: 867
  • 20DC8E4E-FF3F-488C-8F39-8DDA8B7380A3.png
    20DC8E4E-FF3F-488C-8F39-8DDA8B7380A3.png
    769.4 KB · Views: 770
Got an update that my X7 has shipped, eta is the 19th!
Me too, also with a pre-shipment ETA of the 19th but since I'm only +/- 400 miles from the origin point (Ontario CA), I expect delivery by Friday unless of course, it is routed through Memphis ... ;-)

Just received a delivery update and it will be Friday (02/14). The weather has been great so I'm anxious to get the bike rolling ...
BTW, they are sold out of the "Plus" model on the Eahora site and with the Standard model being on Amazon, it shouldn't be much of a problem moving them quickly as well. I ordered black but was told they were sold out and so I was supposed to get green The order info still says black so we'll see. Actually, I don't really give a fig, just get here already ...

Last edited:
Ok, Ahora X7 Plus bike came today at 3pm. Unfortunately, I see no way to post photos here. The shipping box was pretty beat up. So much so that the front wheel axle nut was sticking out of the box. Both ends of the box had taken hits and one end was partially opened. I took many photos (including one of the Fedex driver) in anticipation of damage to the bike. There was a lot of swearing but as they say ... I gotter done. :)

Once opened it didn't look as bad inside. I removed the front wheel and then the rest of the bike. The website says 100% assembled ... umm try 80%. So I started the final assembly of this bike. The manual was pretty much useless as were the installation video referenced in the documentation. So I just decided to wing it.

The rear shock was not attached at both ends making the bike very floppy to handle. I did that first and then wanted to get the front wheel on. If your doing this please heed this advice. Install the disk brake on the fork before fitting the front wheel. Keep the mounting bolts for the brake caliper slightly loose and then once the wheel is installed, apply (eg grip) the front brakes while tightening the brake caliper bolts. That will properly adjust the front brakes.

Installing the handle bars is also a bit tricky getting the head geometry right and the Installation videos do cover that somewhat although that video is for the standard model and I have the Plus so some differences.

The biggest problem was the derailleur guard. I had read on other forums that this "guard" could be bent and mine was. So much so that it pushed the derailleur into the wheel hub and gears. I decided to remove the guard (it is held on by the rear wheel nut) and deal with straightening it later. I had to "gently" bend the derailleur back into a normal position. Shifting was perfect when I took the bike for a 9 mile trial ride just before sunset.

I loved the ride even though I forgot to unlock the front forks. Even got off pavement on some light trails. The bike handled great and I got to 24-25 mph on the flat with just throttle (I'm 6'5" 210 lbs). When I was pedaling, it was easy to get it to 30 mph and a bit more down a slight grade with Pedal Assist.

Some challenges but overall, a good start to ebike ownership for me.

Back