New Folding E Bike Help!

Yeti1452

Region
USA
Hello, new fanatic here!

I'm in the market for a folding E Bike and I'm wondering if I can get some advice on e bike choices. I prefer a comfortable ride, but would like to also be able to take it off road. So I was thinking a fat tire e bike would do the trick. I'm currently going back and forth between the Emerald Fold and Aventon Sinch.2. It would be great if I can get some help.

Here is my dilemma. The bikes look very similar, identical really. The difference is the Emerald fold has far more premium parts than the Aventon Sinch.2. Should be an easy choice right? Wrong. The Aventon has way more reviews than the Emerald Fold which gets my mind racing. Is Emerald a new brand? Has any one heard of it here? Is Aventon just a popular brand with less reliability. I personally would rather have the premium parts due to better functionality, but would love to hear peoples opinion on this

I saw a Sinch in person at a local bike shop but didn't stay to check it out. The bike shop was dark and gloomy and my wife wanted out, asap. Aventon sells thru dealers as well as DTC. Now, onto your question:
The Sinch has a suspension fork.
The Sinch has fenders.
What one is lighter? I got $5 on the Sinch.
Those mags look HEAVY!
Not saying the other choice is terrible but I'd personally go with the Aventon.

Thank you, very helpful. It looks like the Sinch is 68 pounds and the Emerald is 70 pounds. So almost exact weight. Anything else that I should look out for? Considering the weight is the same am I paying for brand name with Aventon?

Like I mentioned, Aventon has retail thru select physical bike shops. So unless you really want to service your own ebike see if you have a Aventon dealer in your area. Most bike shops won't work on "generic" ebikes, even if they have known brand parts. IF I get a Aventon Abound cargo I know I can have it serviced locally at the spooky bike shop.

Hello, new fanatic here!

I'm in the market for a folding E Bike and I'm wondering if I can get some advice on e bike choices. I prefer a comfortable ride, but would like to also be able to take it off road. So I was thinking a fat tire e bike would do the trick. I'm currently going back and forth between the Emerald Fold and Aventon Sinch.2. It would be great if I can get some help.

Here is my dilemma. The bikes look very similar, identical really. The difference is the Emerald fold has far more premium parts than the Aventon Sinch.2. Should be an easy choice right? Wrong. The Aventon has way more reviews than the Emerald Fold which gets my mind racing. Is Emerald a new brand? Has any one heard of it here? Is Aventon just a popular brand with less reliability. I personally would rather have the premium parts due to better functionality, but would love to hear peoples opinion on this

Have you checked out the Tern Vektron family of bikes?

Hey Yeti, you need to set some base lines! You're overthinking this and loosing riding time.
Set a honest budget.
Realize that price and long term quality typically go hand in hand.
Do you want mid or hub drive?
Mid is for more experienced riders per say and hub drive is squirrel proof.
You can test the waters with a entry level ebike.
I like my Lectric XP 3.0 for what I paid. It fits my needs.
Be aware of your needs.
I find 20mph just fine for messing around.
Local support is nice if you have limited skills.
My Pedego dealer was 5 miles from my house. I miss that support.
Does this bike have to be a folder?
Can you safely lift a heavy ebike. My Lectrec is awkward to load!
Finally, let us know what you narrow it down to.

Hey Yeti, you need to set some base lines! You're overthinking this and loosing riding time.
Set a honest budget.
Realize that price and long term quality typically go hand in hand.
Do you want mid or hub drive?
Mid is for more experienced riders per say and hub drive is squirrel proof.
You can test the waters with a entry level ebike.
I like my Lectric XP 3.0 for what I paid. It fits my needs.
Be aware of your needs.
I find 20mph just fine for messing around.
Local support is nice if you have limited skills.
My Pedego dealer was 5 miles from my house. I miss that support.
Does this bike have to be a folder?
Can you safely lift a heavy ebike. My Lectrec is awkward to load!
Finally, let us know what you narrow it down to.
Perfect, I appreciate the help! I think given the premium parts and free return policy I'm going to go with the Emerald.

Maxfoot has a nice for under 1000$( violet as well) just check them out had a maxfoot bike once quality was alright, mag wheels do not add an extreme amount of weight( my default now, no spokes to loosen)

Last edited:
Maxfoot has a nice for under 1000$( violet as well) just check them out had a maxfoot bike once quality was alright, mag wheels do not add an extreme amount of weight( my default now, no spokes to loosen)
How did you discover this brand? I dig that lavender! The MF-19 model is currently on sale for $1000. Not a bad deal.

How did you discover this brand? I dig that lavender! The MF-19 model is currently on sale for $1000. Not a bad deal.
following! Interested in how you heard of them. I've never heard of them. I thought I was cutting edge with Emerald. Apparently some here have heard of it before though.

following! Interested in how you heard of them. I've never heard of them. I thought I was cutting edge with Emerald. Apparently some here have heard of it before though.
I had a Maxfoot beach cruiser think it was 45 inch wheelbase, fit me better than anythig else I had only trouble was it a Mens bike not a step through, its bafang 750 watt motor peaked at 85NM, plenty powerful for Me,I would like to to get a MF-17 if I ever catch them on sale the lavender or violet is a great color,BTW they were very good on guarantee issues.

I had a Maxfoot beach cruiser think it was 45 inch wheelbase, fit me better than anythig else I had only trouble was it a Mens bike not a step through, its bafang 750 watt motor peaked at 85NM, plenty powerful for Me,I would like to to get a MF-17 if I ever catch them on sale the lavender or violet is a great color,BTW they were very good on guarantee issues.
Nice, I'll have to take a look at this.

Back