X7 discussion

Hold down the power and plus and minus for one or two seconds and you will see ok on the display and then its unlocked. Then go to the options and you can get it to work on advanced settings.
Merlin You are AWESOME!!!!! Did as instructed (didn’t see Ok at first glance) It Worked! Got it to unlock and tweaked Advanced settings. Thank You SO VERY Much! Cheers!

anyone swap out the controller/motor? Im thinking about it but not sure which ones would be compatible with this bike..?

Hi Guys . Well I finally got to take mine for a spin on Saturday with the help of someone taking it back up the stairs for me. I can still lift no more than 10lbs until September 10 because of surgery recovery but I can get it down the stairs on my own.
The thing is a BEAST !!!!
I put a quick 15 miles on it, used PAS 1 or 3 peddling on highest gear mostly.
Turned it off and peddled when going down hill.
The battery was still at 98 percent when I was done.
I haven't tweeked the controller (regular monochrome) yet (Don't really understand the instructions sent by Eahora) but still got it up to 33mph.
Everything worked like a dream.
I am very happy with this bike.

Attachments

• IMG_9069.PNG
    IMG_9069.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 456
Hey guys I've been looking into tire liners for my X7 Plus.
I am hearing all kinds of horror stories about the liners themselves causing internal flat because of the edge hitting the inner tube.
I ordered Tuffy XLs but haven't had them installed. I have no intention of removing that real wheel to install myself and I am wondering if the bike shop is gonna be savvy to proper preparation for the liners.
I am going to sand the tip for them and provide making tape to put over the edge. I am also going to let them hang for a few days so the curls will be straightened. I am going to do everything for them except take the wheels of lol !!!
I don't want to make things worse. An old saying says if it ain't broke don't fix it. I haven't had any issues with flats riding in NYC but again, I've only put about 50 miles on my bike so far. Any input would be very helpful. I can always return them if that's the consensus. I am attaching a pic of what these things can do to an inner tube. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Inner Tube 01.jpg
    Inner Tube 01.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 366
  • Inner Tube 02.jpg
    Inner Tube 02.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 354
Hey guys I've been looking into tire liners for my X7 Plus.
I am hearing all kinds of horror stories about the liners themselves causing internal flat because of the edge hitting the inner tube.
I ordered Tuffy XLs but haven't had them installed. I have no intention of removing that real wheel to install myself and I am wondering if the bike shop is gonna be savvy to proper preparation for the liners.
I am going to sand the tip for them and provide making tape to put over the edge. I am also going to let them hang for a few days so the curls will be straightened. I am going to do everything for them except take the wheels of lol !!!
I don't want to make things worse. An old saying says if it ain't broke don't fix it. I haven't had any issues with flats riding in NYC but again, I've only put about 50 miles on my bike so far. Any input would be very helpful. I can always return them if that's the consensus. I am attaching a pic of what these things can do to an inner tube. Thanks in advance.
The X7 tires are 20 inch FYI. I have been riding NYC streets for eons without any flats (knock on wood). The X7 tires are quite tuff and durable I doubt you will have many (any?) flats. Suggestion - Enjoy your X7 and keep an eye on the road ahead! Summer riding in NYC is always glorious! Here is a pic of our X7‘s on the beach. They handle Great in sand also! WoW!
Cheers!

Attachments

• 6BD98480-40B1-4EA0-AE26-1E8BBD436468.jpeg
    6BD98480-40B1-4EA0-AE26-1E8BBD436468.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 369
You know what ? I think you're right. I'm not climbing mountains with it. I think I'll just return the liners and go on without them. I As a fellow New Yorker I believe that it's the damn ginormous potholes which are actually more dangerous lol.... Thanks.

Another question. They say to charge battery only up to 80% to extend it's life. I lave it at no more than 80% while it's home and not in use. Is it ok to charge to 100% right before I take it out ? I can't get a straight answer on that. SO the concept I'm thinking about is leave it at 80% when not in use but charge up to 100% right before use. Thanks.

People think too much about this. I charge fully after every ride. Keeping the batteries out of extreme heat or cold is best for optimum life and performance. I have nearly 2000 miles on my 5 month old X7+ and the battery performs just like new. I've read recommendations saying do not leave the bike for an extended period of time fully charged or discharged. 50-60% is best if your not going to be riding it for a while. Letting the battery charge a few hours beyond the green light can even be helpful as it allows the battery to balance the cells.

Incidentally, I have burned through 2 back tires but the front tire is the original and still looks OK. Is anyone else experiencing this heavy back tire wear? With the hub motor and most of the weight being on the back tire I expected more wear but not this large of a difference. I doubt many are putting the miles on that I am nor at the speeds I ride (average 20mph).

Last edited:
People think too much about this. I charge fully after every ride. Keeping the batteries out of extreme heat or cold is best for optimum life and performance. I have nearly 2000 miles on my 5 month old X7+ and the battery performs just like new. I've read recommendations saying do not leave the bike for an extended period of time fully charged or discharged. 50-60% is best if your not going to be riding it for a while. Letting the battery charge a few hours beyond the green light can even be helpful as it allows the battery to balance the cells.

Incidentally, I have burned through 2 back tires but the front tire is the original and still looks OK. Is anyone else experiencing this heavy back tire wear? With the hub motor and most of the weight being on the back tire I expected more wear but not this large of a difference. I doubt many are putting the miles on that I am nor at the speeds I ride (average 20mph).
I completely agree with RMK regarding charging habits and routines. I charge fully after every ride, no issues. RMK you deserve an award for reaching 2000 miles in 5 months!!! WoW! You have clocked more miles than my Jeep in the same time! LoL! Also, I expect you would fry your back tires in that time and use soooo....replace and keep burning rubber Sir! Cheers!

The activity on this thread has died down considerably since July 1st. Did most of you move over to Facebook eAhora forums? (I don't do Faceplant, sorry).

Anyway, if any of you who talked about upgrading your displays (some of you called them "controllers", ha ha), how did that go? Are they compatible with the controller (yeah, that aluminum box inside your battery compartment, or external that has all the wires from your bike connected to it) that originally came with your ebike?

I'd like to know of issues, problems, or successes of changing your display. I have the Yolin YL80C (not color, despite the "C" in the product name), and have considered upgrading to the color one for my eAhora XC100 eMTB, which I just had delivered a few days ago. I got lucky and my ebike box was unscathed and all parts present and working as expected. Only issue is the front light, possibly a short somewhere--it comes on but drains the battery quickly. Leaving it off and there is no battery degradation. Will troubleshoot that.

Happy ebiking!

You know what ? I think you're right. I'm not climbing mountains with it. I think I'll just return the liners and go on without them. I As a fellow New Yorker I believe that it's the damn ginormous potholes which are actually more dangerous lol.... Thanks.
Yeah, the potholes in NYC are ridiculous! Especially with all the rains and storms. I have been caught in a few and the X7 is a badass tank so it eats those potholes for Chelsea brunch! LoL!

I completely agree with RMK regarding charging habits and routines. I charge fully after every ride, no issues. RMK you deserve an award for reaching 2000 miles in 5 months!!! WoW! You have clocked more miles than my Jeep in the same time! LoL! Also, I expect you would fry your back tires in that time and use soooo....replace and keep burning rubber Sir! Cheers!
Yeah, the X7+ will be put out to pasture in a few weeks. I'm diving a lot deeper into ebike's with bikes that actually fit my 6'5" 210# body and are designed to cover the distances and terrain I like to ride. That said, the X7 has been a great intro to e-biking and a fun little folder to ride. It will now serve friends and family that want to ride along.

Yeah, the X7+ will be put out to pasture in a few weeks. I'm diving a lot deeper into ebike's with bikes that actually fit my 6'5" 210# body and are designed to cover the distances and terrain I like to ride. That said, the X7 has been a great intro to e-biking and a fun little folder to ride. It will now serve friends and family that want to ride along.
Please keep us updated with your ebike models, journeys and success. We need people like you to keep guiding and exploring the possibilities with us. When you have a chance please share some of your experiences, even mishaps and learning moments of your 5000 mile odyssey? Happy ebiking! Cheers!

The activity on this thread has died down considerably since July 1st. Did most of you move over to Facebook eAhora forums? (I don't do Faceplant, sorry).

Anyway, if any of you who talked about upgrading your displays (some of you called them "controllers", ha ha), how did that go? Are they compatible with the controller (yeah, that aluminum box inside your battery compartment, or external that has all the wires from your bike connected to it) that originally came with your ebike?

I'd like to know of issues, problems, or successes of changing your display. I have the Yolin YL80C (not color, despite the "C" in the product name), and have considered upgrading to the color one for my eAhora XC100 eMTB, which I just had delivered a few days ago. I got lucky and my ebike box was unscathed and all parts present and working as expected. Only issue is the front light, possibly a short somewhere--it comes on but drains the battery quickly. Leaving it off and there is no battery degradation. Will troubleshoot that.

Happy ebiking!

Yeah most of the discussions have moved to the Facebook page. Some have upgraded the display from the stock m5 to the kd718 with no problems but it didn’t fix the PAS problem. A lot of us have found the PAS to be very weak and that’s because the controller is limiting the current. We have complained to eahora and they now sell an upgraded controller. An owner who bought the controller claimed it increased speed on PAS.

As for the older Yolin display I don’t know if anyone has upgraded to the color one from it.

Yeah most of the discussions have moved to the Facebook page. Some have upgraded the display from the stock m5 to the kd718 with no problems but it didn’t fix the PAS problem. A lot of us have found the PAS to be very weak and that’s because the controller is limiting the current. We have complained to eahora and they now sell an upgraded controller. An owner who bought the controller claimed it increased speed on PAS.

As for the older Yolin display I don’t know if anyone has upgraded to the color one from it.
Sounds like the controller has to be upgraded and not necessarily the display. However, at least one other person has reported here that has the Yolin YL80C was able to bump up the "CUR" setting and said there was a somewhat noticeable increase in speed. I wonder if those who complained to eAhora tried that first.

But it is good to hear that eAhora is responding to issues. Maybe they are turning around their customer service.

Sounds like the controller has to be upgraded and not necessarily the display. However, at least one other person has reported here that has the Yolin YL80C was able to bump up the "CUR" setting and said there was a somewhat noticeable increase in speed. I wonder if those who complained to eAhora tried that first.

But it is good to hear that eAhora is responding to issues. Maybe they are turning around their customer service.
The upgrade I did from M5 to KD718 displays saw increased PAS speeds. However, I also had my motors completely repaired (dead on arrival - Eahora replaced) so that may have something to do with it? With the color displays you lose cruise control though. At first I was bummed - now I don’t notice it.

Can anyone send me a step by step instructions on how to un-limit the controller/speed without taking the housing off ? I have the original monochrome display. Thanks.

Can anyone send me a step by step instructions on how to un-limit the controller/speed without taking the housing off ? I have the original monochrome display. Thanks.
I don’t think it’s possible with the older displays. You might be able to tweak a few settings for a bit more speed. But the controller is what’s limiting the current. And I don’t think you can remove that limit on the controller unless you upgrade the controller.

Back