X7 discussion

Why does Amazon show an X7 pro with a 500w motor but the Eahora website shows the X7 plus with a 750w motor? I would prefer to order from Amazon but only if is the same bike.

Attachments

• Eahora_X7_E-PAS_Electric_Bike_Folding_Fat_Tire_E-Bike_Shimano_8_Speed_Hydraulic_Brake_Full_Sus...png
    Eahora_X7_E-PAS_Electric_Bike_Folding_Fat_Tire_E-Bike_Shimano_8_Speed_Hydraulic_Brake_Full_Sus...png
    543.7 KB · Views: 488
  • Amazon.com_eAhora_Electric_Bike_-_2020-05-23_20.06.23.png
    Amazon.com_eAhora_Electric_Bike_-_2020-05-23_20.06.23.png
    391.3 KB · Views: 603
There are several more differences to the two bikes. Hydraulic brakes, thumb throttle and 7 vs 8 speed derailleur. These clearly are two very different bikes.

In my opinion I think it's because they're trying to differentiate between the X7 and X7 Plus but now they threw in a third Pro version but they didn't do a good job separating these on their site and only did it on Amazon somehow. The Pro version has a 7 speed freewheel and mechanical brakes and I believe the 500W motor but with cruise control and this new electronic lock they mention.

They really need native English reps and content writers/editors because they're advertisements are littered with broken English and confusion. A lot of content is mixed up together and not clearly defined. You can tell this Chinese company is trying but they're struggling with the language barrier.

When they emailed me back they told me for June the X7 Plus will continue to have an 8 speed freewheel and hydraulic brakes which is what I'm after. Except this time they're also including cruise control, some electronic lock (like the Pro), and a new 750W motor. If I'm not mistaken I think the price increased by $100.

I'm use to and love cruise control and I can surely appreciate a more powerful 750W motor (coming from my 500W XP).

Last edited:
I wonder what the gear range of the new 8 speed is. In the Letric XP forum a lot of users are changing the freewheel themselves.

Yup I replaced my XP 7 speed 14-28T for 11-34T. It made a noticable difference at both 1st (hill climbing) and 7th gear (speed, cadence).

For an 8 speed the options I've come across is 11-32T and 13-34T.

If you get the bike, let us know if the same. Would be good to know!

The eahora main website shows all of their batteries for sale direct. It lists the X7 which I have to assume is the same as X7+. I wouldn't trust pictures. Some might be reversed perspective left to right.

Thats shitty because i bought one a month ago. Now the battery is acting up and they won't reply to me. Plus i have other issues. I should have bought from a reputable company and not from china. Y'all been warned
I've been trying to contact them for some time as i wanted to buy two X7's for my wife and I. I haven't recvd a response to date. I'm thinking that if i had any warranty issues, i'd be up a creek.

Check out Eahora's latest addition to the folding mtb game, the X7!

What do you think of this bike? Checks off a lot of boxes for myself and love the colors.

Check out Eahora's latest addition to the folding mtb game, the X7!

What do you think of this bike? Checks off a lot of boxes for myself and love the colors.
Well I finally did it. Ordered my first E Bike. I chose the X7 Plus in black. Now I am just hoping two things after reading the entries. 1-that it doesn't come beat up in the shipping process, I didn't sign on to be a mechanic lol... and 2 - I hope they get the color right. I see they've shipped people the wrong color... when in comes, before the Fedex guy leaves I will crack open the top and make sure it's black, if not he takes it back. The other thing is I asked them if I could just start out with the X7 Battery(48V/14Ah) instead of the usual 10Ah. Seems to be a better investment. I don't know why they didn't give me that option when ordering. :/

Well I finally did it. Ordered my first E Bike. I chose the X7 Plus in black. Now I am just hoping two things after reading the entries. 1-that it doesn't come beat up in the shipping process, I didn't sign on to be a mechanic lol... and 2 - I hope they get the color right. I see they've shipped people the wrong color... when in comes, before the Fedex guy leaves I will crack open the top and make sure it's black, if not he takes it back. The other thing is I asked them if I could just start out with the X7 Battery(48V/14Ah) instead of the usual 10Ah. Seems to be a better investment. I don't know why they didn't give me that option when ordering. :/

Did they agree to your order with the larger battery instead of the 10.4ah one? How did you go about arranging this order?

Did they agree to your order with the larger battery instead of the 10.4ah one? How did you go about arranging this order?
I just messaged them, I'll let you know their reply. In reference to ordering I ordered direct from Eahora's site. I saw all the other ads, including Amazon listings and there were too many differences and variables. So I figured best to go direct, I asked about the Amazon models and they replied that the one on Amazon is "Not" their latest model. It is called "Pro" which is a completely different animal than the "Plus".

Did the special configuration change the expected delivery time? Do they send a link to purchase the bike? I assume most bikes are already boxed up with standard battery. If you want to change the default configuration I would think it would add to delivery time, possible a much longer delivery time. Unless someone at the warehouse just opens a bike box and swaps in the bigger battery. I like your thinking. I am thinking of doing the same thing.

Last edited:
Did the special configuration change the expected delivery time? Do they send a link to purchase the bike? I assume most bikes are already boxed up with standard battery. If you want to change the default configuration I would think it would add to delivery time, possible a much longer delivery time. Unless someone at the warehouse just opens the a bike box and swaps in the bigger battery. I like your thinking. I am thinking of doing the same thing.
Here is their link:

Better to go straight to the source. I would think they could just swap it, but I'll let you know their response when I get it. Ive been looking at bikes for the last week now, researching, and this was the best I could find when considering quality/expense and all those little extras like rack, fenders, hydraulic suspension.... all the other companies wanted more money for this stuff and when I finally did the total it started hitting upwards of 2,000-2,600 dollars.

Here is their link:

Better to go straight to the source. I would think they could just swap it, but I'll let you know their response when I get it. Ive been looking at bikes for the last week now, researching, and this was the best I could find when considering quality/expense and all those little extras like rack, fenders, hydraulic suspension.... all the other companies wanted more money for this stuff and when I finally did the total it started hitting upwards of 2,000-2,600 dollars.

I emailed them also. I have not placed an order yet. I asked them how I could order the bike with the bigger battery without the smaller battery. The price difference in the batteries is just over $100. In theory I should be able to order the bike with the bigger battery for just over an extra $100. I will let you know if they respond.

I emailed them also. I have not placed an order yet. I asked them how I could order the bike with the bigger battery without the smaller battery. The price difference in the batteries is just over $100. In theory I should be able to order the bike with the bigger battery for just over an extra $100. I will let you know if they respond.
OK as I will you

Amazon has now listed the X7 plus. It differs from the X7 plus on Eahora's website.

Amazon's version shows the 500W motor and twist throttle. I wonder if this was a mistake. From what I can see most other specs are the same. 8 speed, hydraulic rear suspension and hydraulic brakes are now on both models. Price on Amazon's version is a buck cheaper but I think you would end up paying sales tax.

Another version. This seems exactly the same as the one on Eahora's website.

same price.

I received a response to my request to buy a bike with a bigger battery instead of the included one:

Eahora Customer Service <[email protected]>
9:16 PM (7 minutes ago)

to me

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out.
The original 10.4Ah battery and the bike are packaged together in one box.
I am afraid that I couldn't upgrade the original battery for you in this batch.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

It was a long shot.

I received a response to my request to buy a bike with a bigger battery instead of the included one:

Eahora Customer Service <[email protected]>
9:16 PM (7 minutes ago)

to me

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out.
The original 10.4Ah battery and the bike are packaged together in one box.
I am afraid that I couldn't upgrade the original battery for you in this batch.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

It was a long shot.
I received the same email as well.

Back