WW UC Pro and beyond - color and personalization options

pushkar

I am working with a local shop in the boston area and can now provide color personalization / customization options starting with the stock colors once the new UC Pro is here. Paint color options can be chosen from https://www.prismaticpowders.com/

1. This will add ~ $250 to $300 to the cost (for up to 2 colors) but we can do pretty much anything with a 1-2 week lead time.
  2. Custom decals will cost more. Wrapping the bike will be cheaper ($100-$150), but will only last for 2-3 years from the looks of it.

Thanks @byunbee and others for having me explore this in some detail.

edit: 8/8

Clarification that this range is for 2 colors only.
Fade in (merge etc), multi-coat, custom decals, multi colors etc will be extra.

Last edited:
@pushkar, of the stock colors (blue and silver) offered for the Superbike, which of the Prismatic Powders colors are the closest/exact pantone match? I see from their website that we can order free swatches, so I'd like to do that, and then see if I feel the need to customize.

I am working with a local shop in the boston area and can now provide color personalization / customization options starting with the stock colors once the new UC Pro is here. Paint color options can be chosen from https://www.prismaticpowders.com/

1. This will add ~ $250 to $300 to the cost (for up to 2 colors) but we can do pretty much anything with a 1-2 week lead time.
  2. Custom decals will cost more. Wrapping the bike will be cheaper ($100-$150), but will only last for 2-3 years from the looks of it.

Thanks @byunbee and others for having me explore this in some detail.

Love the color options... well done!

1595903466956.png

@pushkar, of the stock colors (blue and silver) offered for the Superbike, which of the Prismatic Powders colors are the closest/exact pantone match? I see from their website that we can order free swatches, so I'd like to do that, and then see if I feel the need to customize.
I will be doing these locally once the frames are here - so i will share the pantone matches for those.

I am intrigued by the options so far - primatic opens up a huge opportunity.

I took a quick look at Prismatic. Most of the colors I looked at require both a base coat and a top coat to achieve the look. @pushkar I assume your pricing for the custom color option is all inclusive?

Also, can the shop do fades or other color designs?

The pricing is for the 2 coats as you mentioned, with up to 2 colors.

Shop can do fades /other designs and we can priceout what the delta is.

I dunno...it's not an insignificant amount. I personally have to give it a good thought.
If you are spending 5-6k on a bike, getting "just the right color" for a mere $250-$300 extra will be very attractive I would think. I am currently browsing through the flat/matte greens :)

I dunno...it's not an insignificant amount. I personally have to give it a good thought.
Initially I thought the same thing, then I went and looked at the huge selection of colors. I figured I'm already spending a lot of money on this bike (actually two bikes), so what's a bit more (okay, more than a bit) to get the color I want? Also, I don't like the two stock colors. Very dull looking.

Initially I thought the same thing, then I went and looked at the huge selection of colors. I figured I'm already spending a lot of money on this bike (actually two bikes), so what's a bit more (okay, more than a bit) to get the color I want? Also, I don't like the two stock colors. Very dull looking.
You voted for them!!!!!! o_O o_O 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Jk.

You can pick. no worries.

I like both stock colors, blue more so than silver. But, it’d be awesome to make my bike one of a kind. I just have to put a value to that. I’m not one to just spend money, you know?

@pushkar, Maybe you can offer more than two colors as standard and offer the special colors and design as an upgrade if the cost works out.

Back