BarnBoy

Region
USA
City
Pleasanton, CA
UCPro1_45cfe54c-91fd-48d0-83ed-063c6855d614_1800x1800.png
UCPro2_5a25e4bb-f48b-4d06-96a9-5edcdb8b7a4f_1800x1800.png

NOT CURRENTLY AVAIABLE!
Web Page Info- Formerly known as the Ultra Comuter Pro, use the Helios or Helios Frameset to configure and order your dream hardtail ebike. They are offered in Diamond and Step-through frame versions.
Specifications_helios_720x.png

Edit- battery is 14Ah….

Motor, Controller & Battery - The WW web page has the best information as to the Bafang Ultra motor, the Archon X1 power and battery options. The DERESTRICTED THROTTLE option allows you to program your throttle above 750W (1000W w/ Kindernay IGH option). This option will only allow you to break your drive train and is thus not advised. Just know that 750W is 1HP, 1500W is 2HP, and 2300W is 3.1HP. In the USA anything above 1HP or >28mph is considered a “Motor Bike” or “Moped”…

Colors- There are a plethora of colors to choose from with multiple color options available for a reasonable price to give a one of a kind bike. Even a custom full on paint job can be done, just ask Pushkar. Currently the colors are a thin film ceramic coating from Cerakote. The “H-Series” is being used for durability. This stuff was designed to coat firearms and OMG is it tough. Get samples to verify you really like the color choice as the stuff is not really glossy like the photos nor typical wet auto paints. Standard black is actually Cerakote H-190 called Armor Black. Please see the Color Configurator thread for a full discussion on the colors…

Frame Dimensions- As of now, only the S, M and L frames are available. But I’m sure Pushkar can be persuaded to do the XL as he has in the past for the Hydra…
Dimensions-Helios_720x.png

The Kindernay Option- The standard configuration per web page configuration is a 11-speed 11/42T. However, there is an Kindernay IGH with belt option. With a belt drive, the Kindernay can accept as small as a 22T cog (14T chain), and the Helios/Bafang Ultra potentially a 60T up front making for a pretty fast capable trail riding bike.

For the Kindernay cages, the 27.5 will use the standard flavor swap cage… (32 spoke?)

Rear Travel- Not Applicable… (hard tail!)

Front Forks – This depends upon what you have configured, but below is what is available and the web page specs for the same. Fork steerer tube (1.5 inch standard) will come uncut with several spacers to allow you to custom fit your ride for comfort.

Suntour Aeon(Aion?) 32 Boost: Comes standard.
Suntour Auron: for a little more…
Manitou Mezzer Pro: Is also available as an option…
Fox 38 e-Optimized: Again available as an option.

Carbon Wheel Build Options- Nextie carbon rims are available as an option. There are 27.5x2.4 (standard) and 27.5x3.0 wheel builds available.

Tires
– There are two different wheel build options and here is the rubber used on them all…

27.5x2.4 uses Schwalbe Super Moto-X
27.5x3.0 uses Vee Tire Crown Gem.

Headset – I have to assume that Pushkar is using the same headset as the Hydra. Per Pushkar the Hydra uses a custom headset from FSA, using two different standard FSA headsets. He made the bottom wider to spread the load into a wider area for the carbon frame. It uses the 1.5 inch steerer tube standard.

Stem and Bars
- The Salsa Bend Bar 23degree comes standard with the Surly Moloco as an option. It uses the 35mm bar standard (not 31.8!) as mentioned here. All of the forks use a 1.5 inch steerer tube….

CranksStandard offering is 170mm aluminum but you can upgrade to 165mm carbon. Both use the rather old ISIS standard used on the Bafang Ultra motor BB.

Pedals – Either the Crank Brothers Stamp 1 or Protaper ZuZu will be offered depending upon availability as standard. But the Crank Brothers Stamp 3 and Stamp 7 are available options.

Saddle- The Ergon SMC saddle comes standard but can be upgraded to the Ergon Core Prime. Another available option is the Brooks B17.

Dropper/Seat Post- Not sure if a dropper or suspension post is used. The seat post standard is 31.6mm like the UC Pro. (HELP @pushkar !!!)

Brakes- Magura MT5e come standard and Hayes Dominion A4 are available as a load stopping upgrade.

Grips- Ergon GP1 (standard), GA2 or GP5 grips are available as upgrades. If you are thinking bar ends, you might want to consider the upgrade grips instead…

Tax & Shipping- Unfortunately you can't avoid the taxman and @pushkar will have to collect local state taxes. Not sure of VAT or other taxes outside the USA. For shipping there is a $300 flat-rate shipping anywhere within USA.

Bike Classification Sticker- Not Installed…

Ballpark Weight – There are many posts in the forum regarding weight. Do a search on WEIGHT and you will see the min weight is 50lbs and max mentioned is 73 pounds with 58 pounds being mentioned most often. This all depends upon your particular bike and how you build it. Hopefully people with actual bikes will reply in this thread with their weights for their particular bike and I will update this. But really folks, with 2.3kW of motor power, do you want to be a weight weenie???

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: BarnBoy is not affiliated with Watt Wagons LLC in any way, shape or form. The data contained in this “Unofficial” FAQ does not constitute any legal or binding agreement between you the consumer/customer and Watt Wagons LLC. That will be your purchase order as a legal and binding contract with Watt Wagons LLC. The data contained is for information purposes only…
Edit History
3/16/2021 - Initial post….
3/17/2021 - Update and add URL references...
3/18/2021 - Disclaimer (thanks @Deacon Blues!) and Weight (thanks @skelm-!)

Last edited:
@Deacon Blues NOPE! I had the BarnBoy story in the Hydra FAQ and removed it because it was too gushy!

I found WW while looking for the next big thing in ebikes. At first I ran away!! Many of my buddies have LUNAtic bikes from Southern California and urged me to them. Man what a $#it show. One of said buddies is now on his third return of his X1....
So the more I kept looking, the more I kept falling on WW and the more boxes they checked off with service being number one. So I called @pushkar and talked with him for about 15-20 minutes and got hooked. Diving into this forum I fell in love and put down money for an XL Hydra frame (the first!) decked out to the very max and then an extra wheel set...

I was frustrated with how the info for these bikes is hidden in the forum so I took my notes and typed them up so that people like me coming in will not be confused and ask questions that have already been asked and answered....

Hope that helps clear things so you can press the “Like” button. Other than title of Purchaser and soon Owner, I have zero affiliation with Watt Wagons.... :cool:

Thanks BB for the post, very helpful seeing what is available, noticed that I don’t want the 3” tires, will be mostly on pavement, maybe some greenways if allowed.. also noticed that the 3 speed is no longer a option

Thanks BB for the post, very helpful seeing what is available, noticed that I don’t want the 3” tires, will be mostly on pavement, maybe some greenways if allowed.. also noticed that the 3 speed is no longer a option
@rarobo - Work with @pushkar, I'm sure he will do anything your want!!!
And THANK YOU!!!!
-BB

GREETINGS! First timer here. Ordered a ULTIMITE COMPUTER PRO DEMO with a KINDERNAY then decided to cancel and spend more $$$$ on a decked out HELIOS. Yes, I'm single with no children. My order is about a month old. So I'm thinking June? Just some thoughts. I like the Carbon Wheel Set , will inquire if my frame can be color matched to the Nextie Wheel Set, what the hell. KINDERNAY why of course with Chain. I just can't see the need for a FOX 36 or a MEZZER PRO FRONT FORK on a commuter/ fire road E-BIKE. Please advise. I ordered the Derestricted Controler , DOMINION A 4 BRAKES, the 2300 W BAFANG MOTOR a second BATTERY, GP-5 GRIPS ect. I would like to know more about the GRIN SATIATOR 7A and the WATTWAGON 10 A CHARGERS. Will appreciate any comments or advise. I believe I picked a HELL OF AN EBIKE.

Go to the Utube channel ( and like) Pushkar did a program I think around Feb 10 where he answers questions,,and it’s obvious that he loves what he’s doing, even with all the frustration everywhere

If you plan on ordering a Helios with the Kindernay (I've ordered two) why would you prefer a chain drive over a belt drive?

I thought about ordering the carbon wheels (I recently installed a set of carbon wheels on my e-gravel bike and love them), but I felt it wasn't worth the money, considering the small weight savings, compared to the overall weight of the bike.

@Deacon Blues - Consider this post from @pushkar....
-BB

If you plan on ordering a Helios with the Kindernay (I've ordered two) why would you prefer a chain drive over a belt drive?
I second this question @Txkenton . I would think you'd have fewer maintenance issues with the belt drive versus chain. You state your use case as a commuter and fire roads, so I would think that the belt is the better way to go.

Regarding 10 amp chargers: Am I correct in assuming this is a 'fast charge device'. I could see where in a pinch you might want to juice up your battery in a hurry but is that worth having a whole extra charger ... because slow charging is best for batteries. I keep one of my two batteries on storage level and can charge it to 80% in short order. If I was going to go on an extended ride it would probably not be on the spur of the moment and charging the night before is usually my practice.

@rarobo - Work with @pushkar, I'm sure he will do anything your want!!!
And THANK YOU!!!!
-BB
Oh no, darn. What happened to the SA 3 speed option? I want rear igh with gates belt and now only a $1,3000 Kindernay is showing on the configuration page even though it still shows up on the chart page. That puts the bike futher out of my range. Anyone know why the change.

Oh no, darn. What happened to the SA 3 speed option? I want rear igh with gates belt and now only a $1,3000 Kindernay is showing on the configuration page even though it still shows up on the chart page. That puts the bike futher out of my range. Anyone know why the change.
I believe the Sturmy Archer IGH failed in tests. Just could not take the torque of the motor.

I believe the Sturmy Archer IGH failed in tests. Just could not take the torque of the motor.
I know pushkar reported in another thread some time ago that he had heard bad reports about a SA with more gears (5 or 8 I think) and thats why he went to SA3. Hope pushkar responds to this question.

Back