Watts Wagon Hydra For Sale

da123454

Region
USA
Watts Wagon Hydra E Bike

Specs below, works great, 2 batteries, wiring harness for programming, upgraded to eggrider display, forks, shock, seat post derailleur. Around $15k total in bike. Ordered in September 2021, received Febuary 2022. I just found out I am having surgery on my foot that I am pushing off till beginning of next year, so getting rid of one of my bikes. This one does not have much use on it. The bike is located in Florida. Due to not being able to use this, I am gonna put it up at a very fair price of $7,500. Buyer is responsible for picking up the bike, I have the original invoice, as well as watts wagon has the info on this bike as well.
IMG_4313.JPG
IMG_4314.JPG
IMG_4315.JPG
IMG_4317.JPG
IMG_4321.JPG

Frame Size: M (Fits like a large frame size MTB)
Color: Platinum Grey H-337
Motor: Default: X1 2300W
Battery: TWO (2) 52 Volt Batteries
Firmware: Default: Harness w/2-year SW Upgrades
Throttle - PLEASE READ.: Derestricted throttle
Gearing: 11-speed cassette (11-42T)
Derailleur: Sram X01 AXS
Wheelset: 26x4.8
Rims: Nextie Carbon Rims
Front Suspension: Manitou Mastodon Pro Extended. (NOT the standard mastodon)
Rear Suspension: Fox Float X2 Kashima
Dropper: RockShox Reverb Axs
Saddle: wittkop bike seat mtb
Grips: Deity Supracush
Rotors: MDRP Front and Rear 203mm
Handlebar: Deity 50mm Rise 35mm clamp
Stem: Deity 35mm Length Stem
Cranks: 160mm
Pedals: Deity Bladerunner
Brakes: Magua MT7e
Display: Eggrider
Tire Protection: Tannus Armor
Chargers: Watt Wagons (10A)

Attachments

• IMG_4320.JPG
    IMG_4320.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_4331.JPG
    IMG_4331.JPG
    524.1 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_4329.JPG
    IMG_4329.JPG
    779.8 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_4330.JPG
    IMG_4330.JPG
    852.2 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_4327.JPG
    IMG_4327.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_4328.JPG
    IMG_4328.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_4326.JPG
    IMG_4326.JPG
    517 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_4325.JPG
    IMG_4325.JPG
    570.3 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_4324.JPG
    IMG_4324.JPG
    544.4 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_4323.JPG
    IMG_4323.JPG
    420.5 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_4322.JPG
    IMG_4322.JPG
    490.9 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_4319.JPG
    IMG_4319.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_4318.JPG
    IMG_4318.JPG
    264.2 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_4316.JPG
    IMG_4316.JPG
    552.2 KB · Views: 222
I'm curious about your battery specifications. You indicate a 52 V battery and the Wattwagons site indicates 48V. Did you custom build different batteries?

I'm curious about your battery specifications. You indicate a 52 V battery and the Wattwagons site indicates 48V. Did you custom build different batteries?
They originally came with 52 V batteries then they changed to 48 V. I am not sure the reasoning, possible cheaper or easier to source in this economy. You can use either 48v or 52v with the bike.

@KevinT WW switched to only offering 48V packs because it's a little easier to build higher capacity packs (extra parallel group buys you way more current overhead than one extra cell in series, meaning lower C-rate on the cells in the pack and thus more energy per cell at the same power draw) in a 13s configuration to fit the frame, but they offered 52V systems before as an option. Also probably an economical decision since they don't have to stock 14s BMS's or battery cases/internals for 52V packs now. Same principle behind them reducing their component selection so that they can just keep the few options always in stock as opposed to ordering a bunch of different things as needed - that probably helped greatly with lead time on orders and more than likely costs to them - along with the benefit of getting an OEM account with DVO and getting their ebike specific forks and OEM shock offering.

The X1 can be changed from 48V to 52V, but apparently that currently requires the dealer version of the programming software which means you have to send the motor to WW if you want that done.

@KevinT WW switched to only offering 48V packs because it's a little easier to build higher capacity packs (extra parallel group buys you way more current overhead than one extra cell in series, meaning lower C-rate on the cells in the pack and thus more energy per cell at the same power draw) in a 13s configuration to fit the frame, but they offered 52V systems before as an option. Also probably an economical decision since they don't have to stock 14s BMS's or battery cases/internals for 52V packs now. Same principle behind them reducing their component selection so that they can just keep the few options always in stock as opposed to ordering a bunch of different things as needed - that probably helped greatly with lead time on orders and more than likely costs to them - along with the benefit of getting an OEM account with DVO and getting their ebike specific forks and OEM shock offering.

The X1 can be changed from 48V to 52V, but apparently that currently requires the dealer version of the programming software which means you have to send the motor to WW if you want that done.
Great information, thank you. I've been watching the progress of a 52V 20Ah battery pack build for these frames on another forum. Never occurred to me that the Innotrace controller would not be compatible.

I've got an E06 frame and made a custom 14s4p pack of 21700 cells (18Ah but if I use different cell models I can get 20Ah) to use with the X1 - it protrudes a little from the frame but still clears my fork at max compression - the E22/23 frame (Hydra/Hydra Fat) seems like it may have more room in the compartment but maybe not. Always worth a check to email WW and see if you can order a 52V.

To be honest I would just buy this bike instead if you haven't even started your project. I love to DIY and get super specific and nitpicky and have every little custom thing on my bike but it cost me a lot of time that could have been spent riding. Getting the equipment to build my own batteries cost me as much as a battery before I even bought cells or BMS's and this bike comes with two

I just received my Hydra in September. I have another bike with the Bafang Ultra motor and a 52 V battery and am interested in doing a side by side to compare with the only variable being the controller.

I have both in stock cases but with 21700 cells as well. The daily battery is the 52v/780wh hands down due to the 4.4v you get fresh off the charger and the bit extra you can get out of it. Ditched the stock 48v 840wh stock battery with 18650 cells because it was low on performance in the lower v range compared to the 21700's as well as providing less range. YMMV

I have both in stock cases but with 21700 cells as well. The daily battery is the 52v/780wh hands down due to the 4.4v you get fresh off the charger and the bit extra you can get out of it. Ditched the stock 48v 840wh stock battery with 18650 cells because it was low on performance in the lower v range compared to the 21700's as well as providing less range. YMMV
Where did you get the 52V battery? Did you have to do anything to the Innotrace controller?

Got battery from China and I don't subscribe to the Innotrace controller that would be a ? for the WW faithful.

To da123454, I am very interested in this Bike. If it is still available. I agree that $7500.00 is very fair. No problem driving from Tx to Fl. Phone# 210-385-1359.

OP credibility is suspect when he/she doesn’t even know the manufacturer’s name……..it’s WATT .
Maybe his/her head was injured instead of or in addition to foot.
Jeez…..

OP credibility is suspect when he/she doesn’t even know the manufacturer’s name……..it’s WATT .
Jeez…..
Rider777, do you own a Watt Wagons bike?
I own two and in the past I've mistakenly type 'Watts Wagon' instead of 'Watt Wagons'.

This disrespectful post is definitely not called for.

Jeez…..
Do not become a detective, you would be fired. It was a simple typo. As stated in my original post, reach out to pushkar, watt, watts, or whatever you prefer me to refer them as to find out if there is anything suspect.

Back