Hydra - Pulled the Trigger

This is just my opinion but from the different bikes I have tried mostly riding fire roads. The Bosch has a better pedal assist. Comes on faster and smoother. The power is adequate but you can only use the higher power (85NM) for a limited time and then efficiency and power decrease due to heat buildup. Used at lower power 60nm the Bosch and X1 are similar efficiency but if you want to go fast @750-1000w the X1 and the ultra will pull away every time as heat builds up. Kick it into 1500w+ and the sheer brute power very noticeable.
"but you can only use the higher power (85NM) for a limited time and then efficiency and power decrease due to heat buildup."

Very interesting observation, it's just like WW X1 Lab Ultra short runs.
So when you have that long heavy grade hill the Bosch will dial back the NM as it begins to heat up to save itself, not a bad thing, but you are off the Ebike walking or going at 10mph on the struggle.

I pulled the trigger today on a Hydra after much research and discussion with Pushkar and all of you. Many thanks. Below are the specs. Oh, last question. Since I've paid for the bike, at what point in waiting is fashionable before whining about the wait, delivery, build pics, where is it Pushkar, come on.. etc. I was thinking three days just to be nice. :cool:

Hydra × 1
Frame Size: S (5'2"-5'6")
Color: Single Color (not black)
Specify your colors (Base, Accent etc): H-112 Cobalt (please note, there are two Cobalt color options H-12 is what I want)
Motor: X1 2300W
Battery: Frame Integrated Only
Firmware: Harness w/2-year SW Upgrades
Throttle - PLEASE READ.: Derestricted throttle
Gearing: 11-speed cassette (11-42T)
Wheelset: 26x4.8
Rims: Aluminum
Front Suspension: Manitou Mastodon
Rear Suspension: Suntour Tri Air 3CR
Dropper: Manitou Jack
Saddle: Ergon SMC
Brakes: Dominion A4
Rotors: MDRP Front and Rear 203mm
Grips: Ergon GP5
Pedals: Crankbros Stamp 1
Handlebar: Surlu Moloko
Cranks: Watt Wagons Aluminum
Headlight: Magicshine E2000 (Wired)
Tail : Magic Shine (Battery Operated)
Chargers: 5A
Warranty: 1 year (Included)
OK, I've reached out to Pushkar and upgraded to the Kindernay versus the Shimano. I blame all of you for this...

Can you tell me why you made certain configurations on your Hydra? About to buy this:
Frame Size: M (5'6"-5'11")Color: Matte BlackMotor: X1 1000WBattery: Frame Integrated OnlyFirmware: NoneThrottle - PLEASE READ.: Derestricted throttleGearing: 11-speed cassette (11-42T)Wheelset: 26x4.8Rims: AluminumFront Suspension: Manitou Mattoc (27.5*3, 29*2.6)Rear Suspension: Suntour Tri Air 3CRDropper: Manitou JackSaddle: Ergon SMCBrakes: Magua MT5eRotors: 203mmGrips: Protaper /RacefacePedals: Crankbros Stamp 1Handlebar: Protaper Aluminum FatbarCranks: Watt Wagons AluminumChargers: 5A

Ie: Mastodon and the 2300W

Can you tell me why you made certain configurations on your Hydra? About to buy this:
Frame Size: M (5'6"-5'11")Color: Matte BlackMotor: X1 1000WBattery: Frame Integrated OnlyFirmware: NoneThrottle - PLEASE READ.: Derestricted throttleGearing: 11-speed cassette (11-42T)Wheelset: 26x4.8Rims: AluminumFront Suspension: Manitou Mattoc (27.5*3, 29*2.6)Rear Suspension: Suntour Tri Air 3CRDropper: Manitou JackSaddle: Ergon SMCBrakes: Magua MT5eRotors: 203mmGrips: Protaper /RacefacePedals: Crankbros Stamp 1Handlebar: Protaper Aluminum FatbarCranks: Watt Wagons AluminumChargers: 5A

Ie: Mastodon and the 2300W
Actually, I've moved my order over to the Crosstour. Same specs as before but now I'll have the Kindernay with the Gates Belt Drive from the get go. Combining that with the Dominion A4 brakes so I can stop before rolling into the swamp. I know from your earlier posts that you're looking for 30+ MPH, your current setup with the 2300W should take you there without a problem.

Actually, I've moved my order over to the Crosstour. Same specs as before but now I'll have the Kindernay with the Gates Belt Drive from the get go. Combining that with the Dominion A4 brakes so I can stop before rolling into the swamp. I know from your earlier posts that you're looking for 30+ MPH, your current setup with the 2300W should take you there without a problem.
Why did you switch over? And also, doesn't the gates belt drive take a long time to ship? You might wait a few months.

You could also do the Helios if you are willing to wait, but you can't get tires bigger than 3" on that one.
But if you are more concerned with speed, 3" wheels might be better anyways for you.
But it's a hardtail.
If you just are ordering the Hydra now you are waiting a while anyways.

The Crossroar is a hard tail so it doesn’t need the special tensioner Pushkar has designed. It can be done with the belt now

Back