What Do You Do During The Lockdown?

I´m not a particular fan of either team, but, dammit. it´s the principle of the thing! I´m sure as hell
not watching the ´Puppy Bowl´ , got that live at home. Can the CEO of DTV be impeached?
This is tantamount to treason!
I’ve seen it happen with local stations on DISH and DirecTV in my area. Seems like it happens every year or so.
I‘ll probably watch TCM or FXX or MotorTrend.

People still play snooker?
Oh, yes. Snooker is big in UK and China, with huge audience in Europe. The sport is one of Eurosport's most viewed disciplines (along with tennis, road cycling, Alpine & Nordic winter sports, etc). (Soccer is not the specialty of ES).

Nah. I figure there’s lots more folks who need those tests more than I do. I do wear a mask anytime I’m close to anyone other than my SO and I’m on the list for the shot(s). Maybe by next Thanksgiving...🙄
Help me make sense of that.
1. Which is in shorter supply, which is more valuable, tests or vaccines?
2. What if you've already had contact with SARS CoV 2 and don't know it?
3. Doesn't it make sense for everyone who wants a vaccine to be tested first?

If I can ever get one/two, I hope it will keep me from having to be hospitalized or die.🙏🏻
How would you characterize or grade in% your probability of catching it and being hospitalized or dead from covid?
How would you grade your probability of being hospitalized from getting the vaccine once? Getting it twice? From having a severe reaction from contact with wild virus in the future?

Help me make sense of that.
1. Which is in shorter supply, which is more valuable, tests or vaccines?
2. What if you've already had contact with SARS CoV 2 and don't know it?
3. Doesn't it make sense for everyone who wants a vaccine to be tested first?
Tests are hardly 100% and considering there are false positives I don’t see the point. They aren't testing folks who are getting vaccinated.
In fact:
“Vaccination should be offered to persons regardless of history of prior symptomatic or asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection. Viral testing to assess for acute SARS-CoV-2 infection or serologic testing to assess for prior infection solely for the purposes of vaccine decision-making is not recommended.”

Tests are hardly 100% and considering there are false positives I don’t see the point. They aren't testing folks who are getting vaccinated.
In fact:
“Vaccination should be offered to persons regardless of history of prior symptomatic or asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection. Viral testing to assess for acute SARS-CoV-2 infection or serologic testing to assess for prior infection solely for the purposes of vaccine decision-making is not recommended.”
Yes, there are false positives. You'd think that knowing who actually had it and then also got vaccinated, that group would be one of interest, but apparently not. If the scientists are going to produce figures on how effective a vaccine is, then they would need to know if the persons were already immune - but no.

In fact:
OH, cool! You're going for the gene therapy.

Now the teachers wanna kill Granny... everyone wants ta kill Granny!
The granny that I share my life with took shotgun training as a part of her field survival training with the US Geological Survey and carried a loaded shotgun for her field work in Alaska. I advise caution in dealing with this granny! 😎

Can't it create any dangerous stresses in the frame?
I clamp our ebikes by their seat posts, but they are not dropper posts. I'm concerned with the added weight of the ebike on the top tube as these frame parts are often thicker at their ends than in the middle to save a bit of weight. My mech engineering sons do the same, as does the LBS. Just sayin' 😎

I clamp our ebikes by their seat posts, but they are not dropper posts. I'm concerned with the added weight of the ebike on the top tube as these frame parts are often thicker at their ends than in the middle to save a bit of weight. My mech engineering sons do the same, as does the LBS. Just sayin' 😎
That's what I am afraid of. I always remove the battery from e-bike before hanging it on the workstand to at least remove some 4 kg from the bike weight.

Yes, there are false positives. You'd think that knowing who actually had it and then also got vaccinated, that group would be one of interest, but apparently not. If the scientists are going to produce figures on how effective a vaccine is, then they would need to know if the persons were already immune - but no.
It just tests if you’ve got COVID at the time of the test, not if you are immune to it.
I‘m guessing that if there weren’t such a massive number of people involved, testing everyone to see if they were immune to it, especially after the vaccination regimen, would be the proper thing to do.

It just tests if you’ve got COVID at the time of the test, not if you are immune to it.
I‘m guessing that if there weren’t such a massive number of people involved, testing everyone to see if they were immune to it, especially after the vaccination regimen, would be the proper thing to do.
Antibody tests tell if you've had it and mounted a response.

Speaking of testing, where are the environmental tests being done? Hundreds of billions being siphoned out for kickback programs to despot friends but not testing the environment at all... hmmm...

Last edited:
Joey declared that the amount of vaccine stock he has and has coming including 200 billion doses, will be enough to vaccinate 300 Americans to beat this pandemic, so testing that few should be easy. :)

Last edited:
I clamp our ebikes by their seat posts, but they are not dropper posts.
I'm concerned with the added weight of the ebike on the top tube as these frame parts are often thicker at their ends than in the middle to save a bit of weight.
My mech engineering sons do the same, as does the LBS. Just sayin' 😎
Good point raised by your sons about double or triple-butted top tubes... they are mostly used on lightweight road bikes.
For EMTBs, the top tube is almost always oversized hydroformed aluminum for high strength... perfect for clamping loads.

Regarding seat posts, the standard fixed type is fine for clamping, however, the dropper posts are not designed for high tension forces.
My LBS follows this practice of clamping the top tube for EMTBs as do I, but YMMV. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back