What Do You Do During The Lockdown?

Helping my wife tend to our community garden plots and slipping in the odd day paddle when were not cycling. We actually took our bikes on this trip to Kananaskis, AB but the bike trails were closed due to bear sightings.

Attachments

• IMG_20200820_1008037.jpg
    IMG_20200820_1008037.jpg
    801.2 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_20200820_1115280.jpg
    IMG_20200820_1115280.jpg
    815.5 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_20200904_1042296.jpg
    IMG_20200904_1042296.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_20200904_1152016.jpg
    IMG_20200904_1152016.jpg
    817.7 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_20200904_1152362.jpg
    IMG_20200904_1152362.jpg
    722.5 KB · Views: 265
California has had 'rolling' electrical blackouts for several years now. With the 'pest' we now have a new innovation, rolling business closures! So what else do you do when the theaters, restaurants, and just about everything else closes at some State dictate?

You cut firewood...😉

P1010530.jpg

One of my sons and I had several large trees felled this past year. We had a 'all hands on deck' firewood weekend mid-OCT to cut all the logs into firewood rounds then split and haul it all to our wood yard. By nightfall Sunday we had it done, except to finish the stacking. Nine cords of oak and cedar. Less than half is stacked in this pic. As of this afternoon I'm up to ~60%. Now that we have cool temps and a bit of rain and snow I'm keeping busy stacking green firewood and hauling dry wood to the front deck, and of course keeping the home fires burning!

Or buy an Ebike. A couple of months into baking and grilling myself into humpty dumpty, I bought an Ebike. One of my better moves. I did it originally for exercise and diversion and now I really like it for touring and leaving my car in the garage. Many of my friends are now curious and asking about what type of Ebike they should buy. I always, to a person, give them the R and M website :)

Started a new lockdown project... a carved pub sign for the garden shed which already has a carved bird in the hand tree stump sculpture in front of it.

Attachments

• 5C1AB153-F49A-4645-AC7A-A25D44059F39.jpeg
    5C1AB153-F49A-4645-AC7A-A25D44059F39.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 3FA7C6A3-3940-4D75-A9D0-A0D406BE8D08.jpeg
    3FA7C6A3-3940-4D75-A9D0-A0D406BE8D08.jpeg
    668.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 42DEBEF6-FB8C-46C9-9AD6-21F695DDE9A9.jpeg
    42DEBEF6-FB8C-46C9-9AD6-21F695DDE9A9.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 187
covid-qld.jpg

What did Queensland do?

To slightly simplify the answer:
  • Closed the state borders for most of the time. Open now.
  • Compulsory 14-day internment of overseas arrivals – special arrangements for sea and air crews. No international rail or road crossings, of course.
  • Immediate lockdown of age care facilities when there has been a scare – three times, totalling eleven weeks, since my wife was admitted to permanent dementia care in late July. At present I can, and do, visit Jen for several hours each day.
  • Otherwise, almost no restrictions at present: just don't think of taking your passport out of the safe.
Generally speaking, in Australia group responsibility trumps individual rights. (For example: compulsory voting in federal, state and local government elections.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Prime Minister excels at virtue signaling. Very early on, they failed to stop flights from China because that would be “racist”. Unbelievable. Since then, it’s been one misstep after another, starting with sending a huge volume of our PPE to China and then cooperating with a vaccine development deal with that country. Which China promptly reneged on. Leaving us in dire straights getting vaccines. It is demoralizing.

People, you need to understand that 99.9% of cases the patient recovers. The ones that didn't had other health issues. Anything that affects your immune response is a negative, and especially anything lung or respiratory related. Most/many patients end up with pneumonia from their immune response, and that's what sends them to the ER.

The standard prescription is now a high dose of steroids to reduce inflammation, and a round of antibiotics for bacterial infection, in particular bacterial pneumonia. Survival rates are now WAY WAY up.
The medical community has quietly withdrawn their claims against hydroxychloriquine. Yes, it's a very effective prophylactic. As is D3, Zinc, C, B1, Quercitin, and NAC. Get on zinc and D now, boost your immune system. It takes a long time to raise your system zinc levels. And most people are vitamin D deficient, unless they get regular sun exposure to the skin.

Yes, I feel great. Can't wait to get out on the bikes. Winter rains have finally hit. :)

......And most people are vitamin D deficient, unless they get regular sun exposure to the skin.

Yes, I feel great. Can't wait to get out on the bikes. Winter rains have finally hit. :)

Which is why today was such a treat. The last 4 days has been overcast with plenty of rain. So, when today was actually sunny and starting the drying. I couldn't get on my bike fast enough. That sunshine felt great.

and there is always good ol Red Dead 2! that game sucks up plenty of my time!
Not me playing in the video below lol, i would never act like that but it is funny

This thread started in March 2020 and´s still going. I´ve run outa things to do in lockdown!
I need a gawdam pardon! (or at least a parole) Maybe I´ll become a chicken thief! There´s
an awful lot of folks started thinking chickens are trendy. There´s bin an outbreak of
poultry patronage hereabouts. Seems like there´s a least one coop on every block lately.
I mean there are chickens roamin´ the streets here; startin´ta look like a 3rd world
country.(whatever that means?) There are goats & pigs too. Goats are too agile to steal
pigs r heavy & messy. I need a plan.🤔

Last edited:
This thread started in March 2020 and´s still going. I´ve run outa things to do in lockdown!
I need a gawdam pardon! (or at least a parole) Maybe I´ll become a chicken thief! There´s
an awful lot of folks started thinking chickens are trendy. There´s bin an outbreak of
poultry patronage hereabouts. Seems like there´s a least one coop on every block lately.
I mean there are chickens roamin´ the streets here; startin´ta look like a 3rd world
country.(whatever that means?) There are goats & pigs too. Goats are too agile to steal
Yeah but which chic chicken breed is the trendy treat to eat? Are they just the new pet poultry or is it the exaggeration of egg excellence that beats the Jones?

The schedule is for lockdown until 2026.

Back