What Do You Do During The Lockdown?

I will just leave it here...

1594247454537.png

I know...it's right outside our bedroom.
Now I realize my left ear, the cellphone one, is nearly deaf. :oops:

It's like having a rain storm every night. Or a babbling brook...depending on where your mind takes you. :cool:

Last edited:
I’m still recovering from my bike crash and still going on easier rides, which I sometimes video with my GoPro. Mowed the lawn, did some grocery shopping, tried to convince my wife she needs an ebike, drove my Miata, yada, yada, yada. Guess we’ll see what tomorrow brings.😎🍻

In true ebike fashion,
replaced cassette on bike, told the wife I was going for a spin around the block to try it out. 20 miles later i hit the 600 mile mark for the summer.
Just one of those days you want to keep going and going.

Been house shopping a couple of times.

image.jpg

This mountain side Frank Lloyd Wright design was up for a no reserve auction. I bid up to my wife's comfort level but didn't get it. I guess I'd rather be married than have this house, but boy, what a view!

This mountain side Frank Lloyd Wright design was up for a no reserve auction. I bid up to my wife's comfort level but didn't get it. I guess I'd rather be married than have this house, but boy, what a view!
[/QUOTE]
Amazing design. I think I'd rather have the house! 😁 (But I'm divorced so it doesn't count)

I had a chance to buy a small FLW house in Sterling, VA about 15 years ago, but it was a little too small. In Lakeland, FL we have the largest collection of his structures anywhere at Florida Southern College. I took a private tour there on my 50th bday, it was fantastic.

Curious what it went for?
Final bid was $1.5M. The buyer ended up paying $1.65M with the 10% 'buyer premium' added in.

BTW - the arched area labelled "Garden Court" was to be a pool in the original sketches. The 2nd owner added the pool in the same curved shape using mother-of-pearl tile with accent fountains. The way the tile glistens in the sun is pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Amazing design. I think I'd rather have the house! 😁 (But I'm divorced so it doesn't count)

I had a chance to buy a small FLW house in Sterling, VA about 15 years ago, but it was a little too small. In Lakeland, FL we have the largest collection of his structures anywhere at Florida Southern College. I took a private tour there on my 50th bday, it was fantastic.
I'm a life long fan of FLW. My wife indulges me with tours of his designs whenever we travel. Got to tour 2 of his homes when we rode the GAP trail out of Pittsburg 2 years ago. Both impressive, but Falling Water is to be seen to be believed. Glad it's now owned by a preservation group.

I'm a life long fan of FLW. My wife indulges me with tours of his designs whenever we travel.

Got to tour 2 of his homes when we rode the GAP trail out of Pittsburg 2 years ago.

Both impressive, but Falling Water is to be seen to be believed. Glad it's now owned by a preservation group.

I'm also an admirer of Frank Lloyd Wright. Gotta get out to Falling Water.

I studied the Hanna House in college... all based on a hexagonal design including the furniture! 😉

1596905272781.png

1596905111472.png

Last edited:
I don't know. FLW was a short person who designed houses for short people, whether or not his clients were short. Many of his houses had to be rebuilt after not that long compared to structurally sound homes.

Back