Vado 6.0 - replace headlamp w/brighter light ?

pedalpower

Just bought my Vado 6.0, last years model (or maybe the year before), brand new, great discount, LOVE LOVE LOVE the experience.

I ride in the dark and the headlamp seems underpowered and cuts off the top (to be nice to cars). I can supplement the light with my Light & Motion Taz 1500 which is awesome.

Has anyone upgraded their light to something more powerful? and if so, what was the process and results?

Thanks!

1553566349304.png

In all my commuting and MTB experience in the dark, I've never had much success with bar-mounted lights. They can be fairly bright like the Vado 6, but are still not as effective as a helmet-mounted light. I ride with a Gloworm X2 on the helmet that has been customised with narrow optics. That works well for me at 45kph. It also allows me to either 'dip' the lights by looking down as cars and cyclists pass or go into 'full blinder' mode when I look directly at the motorist about to pull into me.... FWIW I also supplement rear lights with a flasher on my helmet.

Im assuming your talking about upgrading the stock light.

The Brose Motor light output only has a rated capacity of about 0.6amps at 6V so probably not many choices.

Yeah, I just keep a light in motion in my bag and point the light up during the day so it works well as a front light so people can see me coming. I wish it blinked.

Thanks for the info Ravi!

I need to check my my LeBS and see if I could use this on my new iZip Moda E3 (same as redux).

I have about 8 or so offroad lights(most above 1000 lumens, all with external batteries) but have just started using the niterider lumina 850 lights (I have 3), Nice, cheap, great flood pattern, compact and self contained. All my bikes have 2 handlebar mounts for these as well as my helmet and I carry all 3 lights in my camelback. Need to research possible lens change for the helmet.

I bought the Outbound Road Light and it is great. I've experienced many bikers on the bike path with with circular spot beams which blind oncoming bikers, pedestrians and car drivers. This is not safe and to my knowledge, illegal in Germany/Europe. The Outbound Road light has a cut off line for the beam that directs light below eye level of oncoming traffic. In my own tests, it blew away the competition.

Hi All, been following this old thread for a while.

I Kinda wish there was a service manual for Vado/Como - So I could have a look at the wiring and/or retrofut lightsto a non-light-equipped Como. And/or swap it out with a Vado who upgraded to a brighter light

I came across an older video from Supernova where they wired the M99X to a Levo:

That was kinda complex to do.

Surely with the Vado/Como, would it not be a plug n play retrofit (without the splicing)?

Back