Using a spare Bosch Powerpack 500 battery-Anyone tried it?

djsb

I'm considering buying a spare Powerpack 500 that I can carry in my rucksack for longer journeys. My R&M Delite has 2 batteries and each of them have consecutive serial numbers as they came new with the bike. Is there a problem with just fitting a spare? Does the Bosch system allow it without any problems? Thanks.

David.

I'm considering buying a spare Powerpack 500 that I can carry in my rucksack for longer journeys. My R&M Delite has 2 batteries and each of them have consecutive serial numbers as they came new with the bike. Is there a problem with just fitting a spare? Does the Bosch system allow it without any problems? Thanks.

David.
It’s no problem at all. You might want to update the firmware for peace of mind, but I’ve used the 2 that came with the bike+ rotated in 2 on different firmware revs with no issue.

Bosch external batteries are interchangeable, regardless of motor (CX, Active Line etc) or bike brand or model (as long as it's equipped w/Bosch). I often use my Haibike's 500Wh Powerpack on my Raleigh, and my Raleigh's 400Wh sometimes serves as a backup for extended rides on my Haibike

Bosch external batteries are interchangeable, regardless of motor (CX, Active Line etc) or bike brand or model (as long as it's equipped w/Bosch). I often use my Haibike's 500Wh Powerpack on my Raleigh, and my Raleigh's 400Wh sometimes serves as a backup for extended rides on my Haibike
Agree. They are interchangeable

We have four bikes with Bosch power packs. Long ago I lost track of which battery belongs to which bike.

Me too. I switch my batteries (both 400 WH and 500 WH) between all of my bikes and I can't keep track of which I used last on which bike. I do mark them when I purchase the bike (usually with some configuration of reflective tape) but I make no effort to track which battery I'm using on which bike at any given time. They are completely interchangeable in my experience.

I have two Bosch 500 batteries, but I have yet to try carrying the second battery. I get 60-70+ miles per charge riding mostly in eco (it's fairly flat here 800 ft. of climbing in 30+ miles). With the shutdown/social distancing, I haven't had occasion to go further than that in a day. I suspect the primary purpose of carrying a second battery may be for riding more in tour or sport modes, for loaded multi-day tours, or for mountain biking.

Thanks, I'll check with them. Whats the latest version? Android phone shows update available, ios doesnt
I do not get updates because I fear they may find a way to stop my Bikespeed RS de-limiter with an update. My LBS has a standing " do not upddate " memo on file with the bikes.

Tried something interesting on our dual battery Homage recently. I rode the bike for while with just the power pack installed. After the ride I reinstalled the power tube battery. The KIOX display showed that the two batteries had pretty significantly different charge percentages as expected. After riding the bike a while longer the system had equalized the charge percentage on the two batteries back to within a couple of percentage points of each other. The system is pretty darn smart. This made me feel pretty confident using the batteries in most any configuration I desired trusting the software to manage the batteries in an optimal manner. Onward!

I do not get updates because I fear they may find a way to stop my Bikespeed RS de-limiter with an update. My LBS has a standing " do not upddate " memo on file with the bikes.
I've heard other reasons not to get an update, like mtb program adding and the owner doesn't like that. Mine are 4 years old, never had an update yet.

I want to get a bosch powered tandem that can mount two batteries. the dealer can install the hardware but he cant update the firmware usually only manufacturers can do it. he is hoping when the rep comes in he can get a copy of the dongle but he is not sure.

Back