Upgrade of Huffy Oslo folding ebike

Left battery on charger for 24 hours, and its still stone dead. Contacted Huffy by email about the battery issue and the broken rack and fender. Like I said the battery switch was ON when I took bike out of the box, may have been months in that box in the on position. They got back to me quickly with just one sentence “Send us photos of the damage” …….sent them photos, just waiting for reply from Huffy.

Left battery on charger for 24 hours, and its still stone dead. Contacted Huffy by email about the battery issue and the broken rack and fender. Like I said the battery switch was ON when I took bike out of the box, may have been months in that box in the on position. They got back to me quickly with just one sentence “Send us photos of the damage” …….sent them photos, just waiting for reply from Huffy.
My battery's indicator doesn't light up upon pressing the button unless it is installed in the bike and the on/off switch on the bike is on. (Can anybody else confirm their battery is like this too?)

You probably tried that already and this isn't helpful but hey, worth a shot.

Ybattery's indicator doesn't light up upon pressing the button unless it is installed in the bike and the on/off switch on the bike is on. (Can anybody else confirm their battery is like this too?)

You probably tried that already and this isn't helpful but hey, worth a shot.
Yeah battery has to be in the on position to check the levels

Ugh this is not plug and play...purchased a three wire thumb throttle off Amazon and the wire metallic plates are too thick to fit into the existing three wire input on the bike controller; what do I do? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 92C7C2CE-8870-4594-A02B-EEB717BE3434.jpeg
    92C7C2CE-8870-4594-A02B-EEB717BE3434.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 277
Most of us would just splice that, You could return it and get the one zannymanny used, but then you'd have to splice in the power for the LCD you paid for.
If you cannot solder, there's plenty of room for alternate splices. Twist/tape is crude, but will work. Little wire nuts too.

Thank you for the throttle recommendation. It's a bit too late for me the cancel, lol. I ordered a dedicated one mainly because it has a dedicated kill switch (this one specifically https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HYPVC7F?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image&th=1 , though in hindsight, I have no idea if I can even install that it, lol).

I was originally looking at the LCD9, but many of the eBay listings paired the controller with a LCD3 or LCD8. I wasn't sure if there was a technological reason for it. I also didn't know if the LCD9 throttle needed a KT controller to function ~ I was hoping to install the throttle ASAP, while the KT controller would take a month or more to get here. I'm still very unfamiliar with all of this, so I'm trying to play it safe.

Woah - I love that green on the Genesis! Beautiful bike and area!
Hi, I recently purchased the throttle and WS hoping you could provide some guidance. Not sure what to connect? Thanks for your help.

Recently purchased the throttle and WS hoping you could provide some guidance. Not sure what to connect? Thanks for your help.
Three of the wires are easy just plug into an existing three wire red/black/green-white on the bike controller with a plug on it; the other two will require you to splice into the wires that control the power and were too complicated for me so I didn't get that throttle

You might consider this one. It has three free pins that you insert into a plug to match your wires. This should work, as it's a male JST plug and the Huffy uses a female JST, the white one as shown in Fubag's picture. If I had seen it when he posted his problem. I would have suggested he get this one and retirn the other,

Embarrassing to ask but I mightve stripped the screw that holds the pedal assist power button on the handlebar...was using a T15 screwdriver head that worked the first time I removed it and reinstalled it but now I can't unscrew it to take it off...any thoughts or am I *screwed* lol

Attachments

• IMG_20221022_171359227.jpg
    IMG_20221022_171359227.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
It's not a Torx. It's like a 3mm hex. Maybe a 2.5mm, whatever comes in those swiss army type wrench kits. The only time I've seen Torx on a bike are the fasteners they use on disk brake rotors.
I'd put the throttle on the left side. On the right side you have the power button and the twist shifter, but on the other side there is nothing.

If you got the throttle working, then you could unplug the pedal sensor and it should run on throttle only. I've not tested it though.

A
You might consider this one. It has three free pins that you insert into a plug to match your wires. This should work, as it's a male JST plug and the Huffy uses a female JST, the white one as shown in Fubag's picture. If I had seen it when he posted his problem. I would have suggested he get this one and retirn the other,

Thanks a bunch! Bike runs great! Easier up the hill as I won’t have to wait for the pedal assist to work!

If you got the throttle working, then you could unplug the pedal sensor and it should run on throttle only. I've not tested it though.
Hooked up a half twist throttle works great, but can’t figure out where to disconnect the pedal assist sensor.

traced pedal assist wire to black blue red wires going to 3 pin plug on controller. Disconnect and the Green power button still works, throttle still works but no pedal assist.

I replaced the motor controller with this kit that includes a thumb throttle: https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/1531152472 . I also replaced the motor extension cable with the one linked to on this thread.

I had put a thumb throttle that was linked on this thread earlier. With the new controller I'd say the bike is about 20% faster. The display with the kit ain't much, but all works good. The bike's brake shutoff terminated in two pin female connecters, the same as the new controller, so I fabricated pins to bridge that. I used the kit's cadence sensor, as the bike's sensor was 3 pin male, as was the new controller's. Took the pedal arm off to slip the magnet wheel on the crank shaft, and tie wrapped the sensor on the bottom bracket after removing its mounting plate.

OK. Finally got the bikes assembled - i cheated and took them to Dicks hoping they would put the throttle controls on, but alas they did not. I wasnt all that happy that they said they could probably do it, and then didnt after all. But that is my concern. Anyway, I bought the 13$ small LCD throttle control that someone else said was “plug n play”. Of course i havent the foggiest idea of where things are on this bike. I assume the controller must be in front of the battery since there doesnt seem to be any other place for one. Could some one PLEASE posts several pictures of how to get to the controller and what the new throttle will actually plug into. I recently had cataract surgery and can not see as much detail in the small photos that have been posted. A nice set of directions with photos showing what to do in sequence would be greatly appreciated by this old guy. Thanks so much.

Back