Upgrade of Huffy Oslo folding ebike

Tempted to buy just because it's a great deal, but now those batteries have been sitting for 2 years and I don't have room for a 4th folder.

I hear you Harry. I'd buy a couple of them myself, but I already have two:rolleyes:.

It's been awhile since I've been on this thread. All was well in Oslo world, that is until my battery failed on my number one Oslo. I had charged up the battery, and when I went to turn on the bike it briefly lit up but then went dark. I figured that this was the endemic battery failure plaguing the Oslo.
Anyway, I opened the battery and tested the P-groups and all was good:
PXL_20240204_221930939.jpg

Suspecting a BMS problem I bought another one, but by the time I got round to replacing it the battery was again working. My thinking is that the BMS tripped on high group voltage, and reset after the voltage dropped after a period of sitting. My initial group voltage was something like 4.16v, it's now 4.14v. I put it all back together and the bike powers up again. Still need to do a test ride.

Last edited:
Overall, I think the battery looks pretty good. I wish I knew more about the BMS. Like, does it have a balancing function? Probably the shadiest thing electrically is the charger. At the moment I believe the BMS shut the battery down on overvoltage, and the culprit, I suspect, is the cheap battery charger.

Back