UC Pro Step through frame prototype build pics. Painting / Decal / lights etc will be done in Boston.

Wow- that bike is slick! For those of you who are also looking at the new models, what are some practical uses for the front rack that you are considering? Thanks for the ideas :)

I like the utility of the rack. But, most times I won't need it and will have it off as well. When the need arises though, I'll be glad to have that option.

@pushkar
Here is a good question, do EBR forum members get a better price than what is posted on the WW website ?
Not sure where the business incentive for WW is with that. The only benefactor other than consumers would be EBR since it would motivate people to make accounts on EBR, or am I missing something? 🤔

Hey everyone. We just got the step through build done. Here are some initial pictures. Please note - we are evaluating the frame only at this point.

Here are some key takeaways to focus on.
  1. We will paint it with prismatic colors and put actual decals on it here in Boston. Please ignore the paint, tires, brake rotor size on these pictures.
You forgot to mention to ignore handlebar since they're supposed to come with Surly Moloko. ;)

Yes, I think it was supposed to be a little darker, closer to this:

Canyon_Pathlite_On_8-d249c33.png

The front rack is the one thing I don't like about the bike. Luckily, I can rectify that by taking it off. Hopefully, there will be something to cover the rack attachment point to make it look aesthetically pleasing.
I’d definitely like the option to remove it. The suggestions for kittens and beer are great- but not likely to be my daily cargo... except maybe the beer jk jk

I would say nothing too heavy so the center of gravity isnt brought up too much. Plus, something you want to occasionally keep an eye on.

No, Pushkar meant since the UC Pro is a commuter bike, it has shorter reach (for both frame styles) for a more upright riding position.

These pics look really great. I dig the front rack. The only thing I am not crazy about is the bracket on the seat tube when the second battery is removed. Any way to have that come off with the battery or a sleeker design?

These pics look really great. I dig the front rack. The only thing I am not crazy about is the bracket on the seat tube when the second battery is removed. Any way to have that come off with the battery or a sleeker design?
There’s a metal cover I have designed for it that fits the same mountAs the battery cover. It’s CNC so a little expensive ($175/$200) but that’s one option.

4C5C8DCB-846F-452B-8603-594B647FB447.jpeg

There’s a metal cover I have designed for it that fits the same mountAs the battery cover. It’s CNC so a little expensive ($175/$200) but that’s one option.

View attachment 61142

That will certainly help. I wish the tube was square to match up with the bracket. Then it wouldn’t look like it was sticking out so far. Probably not possible though. I know teeth. Noting about actually building a bike.

looking great

what size tires will fit it?
and what is the weight of the bike with one battery so far?

Back