UC Pro Step through frame prototype build pics. Painting / Decal / lights etc will be done in Boston.

I don’t think that’s the case. Regardless you need a seatpost. The suspension is not in the seat post but sits just below the saddle.

The 2nd battery is not in the seatpost; it’s attached to the seatpost.

Yeah, if that's the case then that makes sense.

@pushkar said "step thru : 14 ah in the downtube 17ah in the seatpost"

That's where i got the idea it would be in the seatpost and thus a Kinekt type suspension wouldn't work.

What do you all think about this color? It's an exclusive color on top trims with luxury brands like Audi and BMW.

Paint color option alone is close to $4000. :oops: I think it would look really nice on the new UC Pro, but that may just be my opinion.
View attachment 61177

Very close to Porsche Battleship Grey ... a dark grey throwback to the 1950s and early 1960s colors. The new Wattwagon Grey! ;)

1597725423832.png

Yeah, if that's the case then that makes sense.

@pushkar said "step thru : 14 ah in the downtube 17ah in the seatpost"

That's where i got the idea it would be in the seatpost and thus a Kinekt type suspension wouldn't work.
The photos in the OP show you how the battery is mounted.

BE1AD35E-BA57-48C9-ACD0-A75B3937788D.jpeg
It is sort of amazing what 2 kids and age do to you. I could truly care less what color the bike is. Having 2 choices makes me donate a second or 2 of my limited brain power to the decision. These decisions are usually left up to my 3 year old. Thus my current bike is rocking a unicorn bell and a small speaker so that baby shark and the wonky donkey can be sung along with.

How easy is it to detach the secondary battery bracket. Is it plug and play? 95% of my riding would be just fine with 14ah.
I’m looking to do the same thing. Pushkar said it was a 10-15 minute operation. There is also the custom cover otherwise.

View attachment 62779It is sort of amazing what 2 kids and age do to you. I could truly care less what color the bike is. Having 2 choices makes me donate a second or 2 of my limited brain power to the decision. These decisions are usually left up to my 3 year old. Thus my current bike is rocking a unicorn bell and a small speaker so that baby shark and the wonky donkey can be sung along with.
I completely understand your perspective at your point in life. :) My kids are all grown, so my focus has been gradually shifting back to what I want. You'll get there too. ;)

Pushkar can you put pictures online of all the custom colors people order, once they are built, as some might say hey I like that color it's worth the extra money?

These are lovely designs, and remind me of the look of the Stromer ebikes, but you have lost the sense of simplicity of the original design. One thing I liked about the commuter frame design was that it looked a bit plain Jane, not too fancy, not shouting out, look at me and this amazing bike. I kind of liked that simplicity. And the fact that it would likely mean a lower probability of being nabbed by someone. Is it because of the battery size to achieve the potential distance you are after that requires such a wide downtube. I don't mean to be negative. I appreciate very much all of the work that you are doing.

thx,

Stuart

@Stuart B you're talking about the visual difference between an in-tube battery frame design vs an external battery frame design. The large battery in either design is going to give away the fact that it's an ebike. So, I don't really think one or the other is a more likely target for theft. If anything both are, as well as any other large-capacity ebike.

Back