Tyres

Dynz

Region
United Kingdom
As I like doing a whole lot of customising and somehow always find myself looking for new stuff to improve on with my bike, I was wondering if it pays off to change tyres on a build that basically only touches roads and flat terrain. My Trek Marlin 5 being a MTB obviously has knobby ones and I'm not too fond of them for whatever reason (they feel 'draggy' for lack of a better word). Would I experience any noticeable increase in speed running slicks? I quite like the Maxxis Hookworms. Running 29s btw.

As I like doing a whole lot of customising and somehow always find myself looking for new stuff to improve on with my bike, I was wondering if it pays off to change tyres on a build that basically only touches roads and flat terrain. My Trek Marlin 5 being a MTB obviously has knobby ones and I'm not too fond of them for whatever reason (they feel 'draggy' for lack of a better word). Would I experience any noticeable increase in speed running slicks? I quite like the Maxxis Hookworms. Running 29s btw.
You'll definitely notice a difference in rolling resistance, road noise and traction.
I went from knobbies to Kenda Kwick Drumlin and what a huge difference. Schwalbe makes a lot of tires with varying amount of off road capabilities in a road tire.

Last edited:
Back